Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Chef Juke

Default Hey Dave Bugg!!! DUCK!!!!!!!

or, rather....pidgeon...

Dead pigeons falling from Wenatchee skies cause flurry of calls

November 30, 2005
The Associated Press
The Seattle Times Company
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...pigeons30.html

WENATCHEE — Pigeons were falling dead from the skies over downtown
Wenatchee, and the Wenatchee Valley Humane Society got a flurry of
calls.

Was it the feared avian flu? No.

The Chelan-Douglas Health District was preparing to ship some of the
dead birds to a state health lab for testing when someone at the Coast
Hotel and Wenatchee Center called to say the center had hired a
pest-control company — the state-licensed Yakima office of St. Paul,
Minn.-based EcoLab — to poison the birds.

"This abatement kills a couple of birds and sends a message to the
birds to not come here," said Freyda Stephens, general manager of the
center. "It's not intended to kill everything."

While there's no violation of state law, James Rowe, a Humane Society
animal control officer, said the center may have violated a city
animal-cruelty ordinance if it didn't take out a city permit.

"The ordinance basically says you can't poison animals in the city
unless you are a government agency or authorized by one," he said.

"If you're going to be killing that many birds you would think they
would have let some officials know because of all the concern right
now with avian flu," he added. And there are ways do avoid "birds
randomly dying, wherever. It can be a horrific thing to witness a bird
flopping around dying."

He's asked the city attorney to look into the matter. A decision on
charges is expected in about a week.

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Default User

Chef Juke wrote:

> "This abatement kills a couple of birds and sends a message to the
> birds to not come here," said Freyda Stephens, general manager of the
> center.

Don't you come round here no more or yule get wutcher buddy got.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Duwop

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message

Glad to have you back you SMTP pirate.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dave Bugg

Chef Juke wrote:
> or, rather....pidgeon...

Raindrops on roses and dead winter pigeons.......
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Pete Romfh

Chef Juke wrote:
> or, rather....pidgeon...
>

> Dead pigeons falling from Wenatchee skies cause flurry of
> calls
>
> November 30, 2005
> The Associated Press
> The Seattle Times Company

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...pigeons30.html

> WENATCHEE - Pigeons were falling dead from the skies over
> downtown Wenatchee, and the Wenatchee Valley Humane
> Society got a flurry of calls.
>
> Was it the feared avian flu? No.
>
> The Chelan-Douglas Health District was preparing to ship
> some of the dead birds to a state health lab for testing
> when someone at the Coast Hotel and Wenatchee Center
> called to say the center had hired a pest-control company
> - the state-licensed Yakima office of St. Paul, Minn.-
> based EcoLab - to poison the birds.
>
> "This abatement kills a couple of birds and sends a
> message to the birds to not come here," said Freyda
> Stephens, general manager of the center. "It's not
> intended to kill everything."
>
> While there's no violation of state law, James Rowe, a
> Humane Society animal control officer, said the center
> may have violated a city animal-cruelty ordinance if it
> didn't take out a city permit.
>
> "The ordinance basically says you can't poison animals in
> the city unless you are a government agency or authorized
> by one," he said.
>
> "If you're going to be killing that many birds you would
> think they would have let some officials know because of
> all the concern right now with avian flu," he added. And
> there are ways do avoid "birds randomly dying, wherever.
> It can be a horrific thing to witness a bird flopping
> around dying."
>
> He's asked the city attorney to look into the matter. A
> decision on charges is expected in about a week.
>

> -Chef Juke
> "EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"

Dave's got a special this week on "Child Size BBQ chicken" =

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Denny Wheeler

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 18:57:13 -0600, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

> can see the PETA folks gassing themselves as martyrs in front of
>the Coast Hotel after this incident.

Please. Encourage them. Hell, let 'em set themselves afire.

--
-denny-
"Do your thoughts call ahead or do they just arrive at your mouth unannounced?"

"It's come as you are, baby."

-over the hedge
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Duwop

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 19:01:26 -0800, "Duwop" >
> wrote:
>
> >"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> >
> >Glad to have you back you SMTP pirate.

> I haven't been stealing any email. Err, lately, at least?
>
> I tried to troll you guys (and gals) with a few
> pro-veggie/anti-meat posts a few days ago but I think I filtered
> myself and any responses <shrug>. I was just testing my news
> setup, but I guess y'all didn't see 'em.
>
> -sw

Nah, we got 'em, but every single person here has sworn off responding to
trolling in any way shape or form. Really!