Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default broke my first maul handle

So, I should bottom post so everybody else has to page through all the text because
you use Agent. Get lost

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 23:20:59 GMT, >
wrote:

>Hehe, today I picked up my first one at Menards for $13 .
>I have to say it kicks butt over a wedge.
>I tried it on a log a little over 2' long and about 1.5' across,
>I think it took 6 wacks and it was done and I'm a little guy .
>

>I'm having fun with the maul I bought. I managed to break the wood
>handle today.
>
>I was trying to break some bigger pieces of firewood into smaller ones
>and the handle cracked. I guess I'll take it back and trade it in for
>a fiberglass handled one.
>
>Also, I was banging on a bigger piece that was kind of odd shaped.
>Maybe that was where the handle started breaking, but I didn't notice
>it.
>
>Anyway, I was able to put a big crack in the one piece of odd-shaped
>firewood, but not break it all the way through.
>
>So, when I go back to get the fiberglass handled maul I think I'll pick
>up a wedge as well.
>
>Anyway, it was fun and I didn't get hurt!
>
>- Bobby
>

>**********End Of Post*************

If you had posted in a logical manner, we would have known it was the
end of the post without that notice at the end.

1. There is no way to distinguish the text you posted from the text
you're replying to. Please configure your newsreader to indicate what
is quoted text and what is your text. Convention is that quoted text
is preceeded by a right-leaning caret > or a number of them, while
original text isn't preceeded by anything.

2. Please note that my follow-up places a caret in front of your text,
but also places it in front of the text to which you were replying. To
people using threaded newsreaders (translation: sane people), that
makes it appear as if you said both what you said and what he said.
Very bad ting, mon.

3. Stop top-posting. If you don't know what I mean by "top-posting",
then google it.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Jack Sloan

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> lid wrote:
>

> It is certainly your choice as to how you wish to post, as this is an
> unmoderated NG.
>

> --
> Dave

www.davebbq.com

Damn, Dave you are just the nicest guy...
Jack

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dave Bugg

Jack Sloan wrote:

> Damn, Dave you are just the nicest guy...

I'm trying :-)

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Denny Wheeler

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 23:03:58 GMT, >
wrote:

>So, I should bottom post so everybody else has to page through all the text because
>you use Agent. Get lost

No, you should interleave/bottom-post (interleave, preferably--and in
either case, snip appropriately) because it's polite. If you prefer
not to be, most of us will prefer not to read what you say.

Your choice. <shrug>

--
-denny-
"Do your thoughts call ahead or do they just arrive at your mouth unannounced?"

"It's come as you are, baby."

-over the hedge

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Craig Ramseur

I have both top and bottom posted this. It seems that both have plusses
and minuses. Choose your poison.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

"Top-posting means replying to a message above the original message. This
may be a message in an Internet forum, an e-mail message or a Usenet post.
Top-posting is considered improper by many definitions of Internet
etiquette since it breaks down the flow of the thread."

"Bottom-posting:
Though the naïve response to "top-posting" might be to "bottom-post", this
implies that the only difference is that the response comes at the bottom
of all the quoted material instead of atop it. This is also problematic,
since if the quoted material is large, it is just as much trouble to scan
for relevant material before reading the reply."

Denny Wheeler > wrote in
:

> On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 23:03:58 GMT, >
> wrote:
>
>>So, I should bottom post so everybody else has to page through all the
>>text because you use Agent. Get lost

> No, you should interleave/bottom-post (interleave, preferably--and in
> either case, snip appropriately) because it's polite. If you prefer
> not to be, most of us will prefer not to read what you say.
>
> Your choice. <shrug>
>
> --
> -denny-
> "Do your thoughts call ahead or do they just arrive at your mouth
> unannounced?"
>
> "It's come as you are, baby."
>
> -over the hedge

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

"Top-posting means replying to a message above the original message. This
may be a message in an Internet forum, an e-mail message or a Usenet post.
Top-posting is considered improper by many definitions of Internet
etiquette since it breaks down the flow of the thread."

"Bottom-posting:
Though the naïve response to "top-posting" might be to "bottom-post", this
implies that the only difference is that the response comes at the bottom
of all the quoted material instead of atop it. This is also problematic,
since if the quoted material is large, it is just as much trouble to scan
for relevant material before reading the reply."

--
Now Go Play!

Craig Ramseur
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 23:03:58 GMT, >
wrote:

>So, I should bottom post so everybody else has to page through all the text because
>you use Agent. Get lost

Son, I have a real strong feeling that it ain't going to be me who
leaves.

Don't let the screen door hit you on the way out.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Kevin S. Wilson

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:07:19 GMT, Craig Ramseur
> wrote:

>I have both top and bottom posted this. It seems that both have plusses
>and minuses. Choose your poison.
>

>From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
>
>"Top-posting means replying to a message above the original message. This
>may be a message in an Internet forum, an e-mail message or a Usenet post.
>Top-posting is considered improper by many definitions of Internet
>etiquette since it breaks down the flow of the thread."
>
>"Bottom-posting:
>Though the naïve response to "top-posting" might be to "bottom-post", this
>implies that the only difference is that the response comes at the bottom
>of all the quoted material instead of atop it. This is also problematic,
>since if the quoted material is large, it is just as much trouble to scan
>for relevant material before reading the reply."

Exactly what difficulty are you having in figuring out the optimum
posting method that lies somewhere between those two extremes?

HINT: The answer starts with an "U" and rhymes with "Use your delete
key to trim irrelevant material from your follow-up, interleaving your
text with the text you're replying to."

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Denny Wheeler

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:07:19 GMT, Craig Ramseur
> wrote:

>I have both top and bottom posted this. It seems that both have plusses
>and minuses. Choose your poison.

You seem to have ignored the concept (which I mentioned as preferable)
of interleaved posting combined with appropriate snippage.

Tell ya what. Next time you have a conversation with someone, he can
give his reply, then you can say what he's replying to.

You also ignored this:
IN AFB, TOP-POSTING IS RUDE.

--
-denny-
"Do your thoughts call ahead or do they just arrive at your mouth unannounced?"

"It's come as you are, baby."

-over the hedge
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick

On 15-Nov-2005, > wrote:

> So, I should bottom post so everybody else has to page through all the text because
> you use Agent. Get lost

Since I don't have a clue what you are replying to. It would be nice if
you would bottom post.
--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed my mind.)

[To music][ ''m so broke, I'm so broke. I'm broke, I'm broke I'm broke! Dimitri General Cooking 4 29-11-2012 11:06 PM
How Would You Handle This? Lou Decruss[_2_] General Cooking 167 13-11-2007 01:07 AM
broke my first maul handle [email protected] Barbecue 7 25-11-2005 04:44 PM
broke my first maul handle Barbecue 1 13-11-2005 11:40 PM
Finally figured out how to split wood - using maul and hatchet [email protected] Barbecue 20 07-11-2005 11:43 PM