BillN

Default Barbecuing in a fireplace

BillN" > wrote in message news:...
There is at least one website that offers information on (as well as a lot
of products for) roasting and grilling in a fireplace:

http://www.spitjack.com/

Eventually, I'd like to get one of the rotesseries with drip pan (with the
>ireproof rug, since you can't use your spark screens with these).

Richard Olney's fireplace was elevated, and, with stone floors throughout
the house, a lot of concerns that we would have in most American houses were
not relevant. That fireplace influenced American cooking more than most
people are aware of!