Default Barbecuing in a fireplace

Anybody ever tried to bbq in a fireplace? Since it's turning seasons,
winter will be here soon and the temperature is getting cold, might as
well try it.

Edwin Pawlowski

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Anybody ever tried to bbq in a fireplace? Since it's turning seasons,
> winter will be here soon and the temperature is getting cold, might as
> well try it.

Barbecue, no
Grilling, yes

One way is a Tuscan grill
http://www.thesmokering.com/HowTo/Tu...ll/default.jsp
http://www.napastyle.com/store/product.jsp?sku=432

I like to cook over wood in the woodstove with the doors open.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Edwin Pawlowski

"Bill" > wrote in message
>> I like to cook over wood in the woodstove with the doors open.
>>

> Aren't you afraid of singeing something if you get, as Gwiv says,
> sleightly tumescent?
>
> Bill

If I stay at least 12" away, nothing touches.

OK, maybe 9"

phyteach

Winter is when the water falls from the sky and instead of running,
piles up on the ground, forming a barrier between you and your pit.
Intrepid individuals are known to still cook, albeit with remote
reading thermometers.

BillN

There is at least one website that offers information on (as well as a lot
of products for) roasting and grilling in a fireplace:

http://www.spitjack.com/

Eventually, I'd like to get one of the rotesseries with drip pan (with the
fireproof rug, since you can't use your spark screens with these).

Richard Olney's fireplace was elevated, and, with stone floors throughout
the house, a lot of concerns that we would have in most American houses were
not relevant. That fireplace influenced American cooking more than most
people are aware of!

"Reg" > wrote in message
. ..
> wrote:
>
>> Anybody ever tried to bbq in a fireplace? Since it's turning seasons,
>> winter will be here soon and the temperature is getting cold, might as
>> well try it.

> I've seen different discussions of it. I know it's an old
> European practice and I'm sure many other cultures too. The most
> extensive description of it I've seen is in a book called "Simple
> French Food", by Richard Olney.
>
> In most of what I've seen the meat is hung in front of the fire,
> as close as practical, with a drip pan below.
>
> I like the idea of it and meat hanging in front of the fireplace
> sure looks cool. I sometimes hang sausage there to dry, but I've
> never cooked that way.
>
> My problem with it is that might be a bit messy. Getting fat
> and gunk in the fireplace would not be good.
>
> --
> Reg email: RegForte (at) (that free MS email service) (dot) com

Kevin S. Wilson

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 20:37:01 GMT, "BillN" >
wrote:

>There is at least one website that offers information on (as well as a lot
>of products for) roasting and grilling in a fireplace:
>
>http://www.spitjack.com/
>
>Eventually, I'd like to get one of the rotesseries with drip pan (with the
>fireproof rug, since you can't use your spark screens with these).
>
>Richard Olney's fireplace was elevated, and, with stone floors throughout
>the house, a lot of concerns that we would have in most American houses were
>not relevant. That fireplace influenced American cooking more than most
>people are aware of!

That's all very interesting, at least to the original poster. But it's
more or less gibberish because it's top-posted. What the hell you
talking aboutr and who the hell you talking to? Interleave your

Dan Krueger

cl

Dan Krueger wrote:

> Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

It is amazing and scary. His words are exactly the same when you decrypt
using ROT13!

Default User

Dan Krueger wrote:

> Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

Is there some point to these posts?

Brian
Matthew L. Martin

Default User wrote:
> Dan Krueger wrote:
>

>>Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

> Is there some point to these posts?

No, but it is the best Dank can do.

--
Matthew <mlmartin@ .com> (fill in the blank with user name)

We trained hard, but it seemed every time we were beginning to form up
into teams, we would be reorganised. I was to learn later in life that
we tend to meet any new situation by reorganising, and a wonderful
method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing
confusion, inefficiency and demoralisation.

From Petronii Arbitri Satyricon AD 66 (Attributed to Gaius Petronus, a
Roman General who later committed suicide)
Kevin S. Wilson

On 18 Oct 2005 18:54:52 GMT, "Default User" >
wrote:

>Dan Krueger wrote:
>
>> Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

>Is there some point to these posts?

Ask Dank. He's the moron who thinks he's accomplishing something by
responding to my posts, then deleting my words from his reply. He
follows me from group to group just to hump my leg in that fashion.

But be aware that he's likely to e-mail your boss to complain about
you posting to Usenet, just as he did mine. Creepy, isn't he?

Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:00:42 -0400, "Matthew L. Martin"
> wrote:

>Default User wrote:
>> Dan Krueger wrote:
>>

>>>Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

>> Is there some point to these posts?
>>

>No, but it is the best Dank can do.

He is a sad, impotent excuse for a man, isn't he?

Dan Krueger

cl wrote:

> Dan Krueger wrote:
>
>>Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

> It is amazing and scary. His words are exactly the same when you decrypt
> using ROT13!

And they contribute to the topic exactly the same, too.

Dan Krueger

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

> On 18 Oct 2005 18:54:52 GMT, "Default User" >
> wrote:
>

>>Dan Krueger wrote:
>>

>>>Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

>>Is there some point to these posts?

> Ask Dank. He's the moron who thinks he's accomplishing something by
> responding to my posts, then deleting my words from his reply. He
> follows me from group to group just to hump my leg in that fashion.
>
> But be aware that he's likely to e-mail your boss to complain about
> you posting to Usenet, just as he did mine. Creepy, isn't he?

Post the alleged "complaint". You said you shared a laugh so you must
be close enough to get a copy. Unless it doesn't exist...

Kevin S. Wilson

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 00:42:03 GMT, Dan Krueger
> wrote:

>Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
>
>> On 18 Oct 2005 18:54:52 GMT, "Default User" >
>> wrote:

>>>Is there some point to these posts?

>> Ask Dank. He's the moron who thinks he's accomplishing something by
>> responding to my posts, then deleting my words from his reply. He
>> follows me from group to group just to hump my leg in that fashion.
>>
>> But be aware that he's likely to e-mail your boss to complain about
>> you posting to Usenet, just as he did mine. Creepy, isn't he?
>>

>Post the alleged "complaint". You said you shared a laugh so you must
>be close enough to get a copy. Unless it doesn't exist...

Asked and answered, Dank, dozens of times. I'm not about to drag other
people into your pathetic stalking over a Usenet squabble. Going real
life over Usenet is your style, not mine, creep.

Dan Krueger wrote:

> And they contribute to the topic exactly the same, too.

I dislike people who waste my time on this newsgroup. That's why I have
killfiled Kevin, TFM, Kent, Cal, several others.

Are you going to continue wasting my time with these stupid posts? All
I need is a yes or no.

Brian

won't shut up.
Dan Krueger

> Dan Krueger wrote:
>

>>And they contribute to the topic exactly the same, too.

> I dislike people who waste my time on this newsgroup. That's why I have
> killfiled Kevin, TFM, Kent, Cal, several others.
>
> Are you going to continue wasting my time with these stupid posts? All
> I need is a yes or no.
>

> Brian

The answer is YES if you think TFM is wasting your time. He has a lot
to offer here.

Brick

On 19-Oct-2005, wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 00:05:05 GMT, Dan Krueger
> > wrote:
>

> >The answer is YES if you think TFM is wasting your time. He has a lot
> >to offer here.

> He has a lot to offer in the way of... what?

Since you want to hide behind a mask and keep secret who you are,
who gives a **** what you think?

Everybody knows who I am, and everybody knows who TFM® is. Every-
body knows who Dan Krueger is, but you want to hide behind an anonymous
fense. FOAD asshole.

--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed my mind.)

Dan Krueger wrote:

> The answer is YES

That's all I needed to know.

*plonk*

> if you think TFM is wasting your time. He has a
> lot to offer here.

He was showing precious little when I kf'ed him. Noxious
profanity-laden, homophobic posts are not what I consider to be "a lot
to offer".

Brian

won't shut up.
Kevin S. Wilson

On 20 Oct 2005 16:59:34 GMT, "Default User" >
wrote:

>Dan Krueger wrote:
>

>> The answer is YES

>That's all I needed to know.
>
>*plonk*
>
>> if you think TFM is wasting your time. He has a
>> lot to offer here.

>He was showing precious little when I kf'ed him. Noxious
>profanity-laden, homophobic posts are not what I consider to be "a lot
>to offer".

You forgot "racist" in that list of adjectives. Most folks around here
sure don't seem to mind noxicous, racist, profanity-laden, homophonic
posts from a half-literate half-wit, though.

Jack Sloan

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On 20 Oct 2005 16:59:34 GMT, "Default User" >
> wrote:
>
> >Dan Krueger wrote:
> >

> >> The answer is YES

> >That's all I needed to know.
> >
> >*plonk*
> >
> >> if you think TFM is wasting your time. He has a
> >> lot to offer here.

> >He was showing precious little when I kf'ed him. Noxious
> >profanity-laden, homophobic posts are not what I consider to be "a lot
> >to offer".
> >

> You forgot "racist" in that list of adjectives. Most folks around here
> sure don't seem to mind noxicous, racist, profanity-laden, homophonic
> posts from a half-literate half-wit, though.

Hmmmmmm, Things must be slow in Kevinland.
Jack

cl

> Dan Krueger wrote:
>
> > The answer is YES

> That's all I needed to know.
>
> *plonk*
>
> > if you think TFM is wasting your time. He has a
> > lot to offer here.

> He was showing precious little when I kf'ed him. Noxious
> profanity-laden, homophobic posts are not what I consider to be "a lot
> to offer".

You plonk then continue to reply. I haven't read one of TFM's replies
lately but Im guessing it would real like "you just don't like me
because you are a ****ing faggot" What do you think?

Jack Sloan wrote:

> "Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message

> > You forgot "racist" in that list of adjectives. Most folks around
> > here sure don't seem to mind noxicous, racist, profanity-laden,
> > homophonic posts from a half-literate half-wit, though.
> >

> Hmmmmmm, Things must be slow in Kevinland.

This sort of behavior is what got Kevin added in the old bozo bin. He's
pathologically incapable of not engaging clods in back and forth
****ing contests.

Brian
won't shut up.

Kevin S. Wilson

On 20 Oct 2005 19:57:29 GMT, "Default User" >
wrote:

>Jack Sloan wrote:
>

>> "Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message

>> > You forgot "racist" in that list of adjectives. Most folks around
>> > here sure don't seem to mind noxicous, racist, profanity-laden,
>> > homophonic posts from a half-literate half-wit, though.
>> >

>> Hmmmmmm, Things must be slow in Kevinland.

>This sort of behavior is what got Kevin added in the old bozo bin. He's
>pathologically incapable of not engaging clods in back and forth
>****ing contests.

Sure I am. Watch as I don't engage you in a ****ing contest.

See, I can easily ignore some clods.

"Jack Sloan" > wrote:
> "Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message

> > >That's all I needed to know.
> > >
> > >*plonk*

> > >He was showing precious little when I kf'ed him. Noxious
> > >profanity-laden, homophobic posts are not what I consider to be "a lot
> > >to offer".
> > >

> > You forgot "racist" in that list of adjectives. Most folks around here
> > sure don't seem to mind noxicous, racist, profanity-laden, homophonic
> > posts from a half-literate half-wit, though.
> >

> Hmmmmmm, Things must be slow in Kevinland.

Hey, Jack. Thanks for reminding me of why I kf'd the cowardly,
hypocritical, family wrecking cry-baby, Kev! ;-D

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:

cl

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:
> On 20 Oct 2005 19:57:29 GMT, "Default User" >
> >Jack Sloan wrote:
> >> "Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> >> Hmmmmmm, Things must be slow in Kevinland.

> >This sort of behavior is what got Kevin added in the old bozo bin. He's
> >pathologically incapable of not engaging clods in back and forth
> >****ing contests.
> >

> Sure I am. Watch as I don't engage you in a ****ing contest.
>
> See, I can easily ignore some clods.

But you just did.

cl > wrote:
> "Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:
> > >
> > >This sort of behavior is what got Kevin added in the old bozo bin.
> > >He's pathologically incapable of not engaging clods in back and forth
> > >****ing contests.
> > >

> > Sure I am. Watch as I don't engage you in a ****ing contest.
> >
> > See, I can easily ignore some clods.

> But you just did.