Mike \Piedmont\

Default Your local and/or favorite festival

I'm compiling a list of web links on The Practical Bar B Q'r, for bbq
festivals/contests and/or unique foods festivals/contests.

Post some of our favorites please!

regards,

mike (piedmont)

http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBarBQr/_whatsnew.msnw
Steve Calvin

Mike "Piedmont" wrote:
> I'm compiling a list of web links on The Practical Bar B Q'r, for bbq
> festivals/contests and/or unique foods festivals/contests.
>
> Post some of our favorites please!
>
> regards,
>
> mike (piedmont)
>
> http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBarBQr/_whatsnew.msnw

Don't know if this one will interest you or not but there's always some
pretty d*mn good que there. It usually draws around 60,000 people.
It's a garlic festival in Saugerties New York. It's held the last full
weekend in September every year. (This weekend! :-) )

I actually broke down last year and had the garlic icecream. Believe it
or not, it was GOOD! Only drawback is there's no beer or any alcohol
permitted but the food's good enough to make up for that.

They've got a lot of craft venders and a ton of different shows.

http://www.hopefarm.com/garlic.htm

Use it or not... your call (but if you're ever in the area (about 1/2
between NYC and Albany, NY) it's well worth checkin' out)

--
Steve

Never read the fine print. There ain't no way you're going to like it.
Steve Calvin

Steve Calvin wrote:

> Don't know if this one will interest you or not but there's always some
> pretty d*mn good que there. It usually draws around 60,000 people.
> It's a garlic festival in Saugerties New York. It's held the last full
> weekend in September every year. (This weekend! :-) )
>
> I actually broke down last year and had the garlic icecream. Believe it
> or not, it was GOOD! Only drawback is there's no beer or any alcohol
> permitted but the food's good enough to make up for that.
>
> They've got a lot of craft venders and a ton of different shows.
>
> http://www.hopefarm.com/garlic.htm
>
> Use it or not... your call (but if you're ever in the area (about 1/2
> between NYC and Albany, NY) it's well worth checkin' out)

oops, here's the *real* link for the festival. http://www.hvgf.org/
sorry.

--
Steve

Never read the fine print. There ain't no way you're going to like it.
2fatbbq

"Mike "Piedmont"" > wrote in message
> I'm compiling a list of web links on The Practical Bar B Q'r, for bbq
> festivals/contests and/or unique foods festivals/contests.
>
> Post some of our favorites please!
>
> regards,
>
> mike (piedmont)
>
> http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBarBQr/_whatsnew.msnw

This weekend in Wisc---smalltown comes alive

http://www.cranfest.com/

Buzz

Abe

>I'm compiling a list of web links on The Practical Bar B Q'r, for bbq
>festivals/contests and/or unique foods festivals/contests.
>
>Post some of our favorites please!

You do know about this site I hope:
http://www.festivals.com/search/resu...yword=barbecue
http://www.festivals.com/search/resu...yword=barbeque
http://www.festivals.com/search/resu...px?keyword=bbq
http://www.festivals.com/search/resu...x?keyword=food

Larry

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 07:59:15 -0500, "Mike \"Piedmont\""
> wrote:

>2fatbbq wrote:
>> "Mike "Piedmont"" > wrote in message
>>> I'm compiling a list of web links on The Practical Bar B Q'r, for bbq
>>> festivals/contests and/or unique foods festivals/contests.
>>>
>>> Post some of our favorites please!
>>>
>>> regards,
>>>
>>> mike (piedmont)
>>>
>>> http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBarBQr/_whatsnew.msnw

>> This weekend in Wisc---smalltown comes alive
>>
>> http://www.cranfest.com/
>>
>> Buzz
>>

>Another good one! Keep 'em coming folks!

This weekend we are going to the Black Walnut Festival in Stockton,
MO. Stockton is a small town (pop. about 2,000) that is home to the
biggest black walnut processing plant in the world.

Larry

Mike \Piedmont\

Steve Calvin wrote:
> Mike "Piedmont" wrote:
>> I'm compiling a list of web links on The Practical Bar B Q'r, for bbq
>> festivals/contests and/or unique foods festivals/contests.
>>
>> Post some of our favorites please!
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> mike (piedmont)
>>
>> http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBarBQr/_whatsnew.msnw

> Don't know if this one will interest you or not but there's always some
> pretty d*mn good que there. It usually draws around 60,000 people.
> It's a garlic festival in Saugerties New York. It's held the last full
> weekend in September every year. (This weekend! :-) )
>
> I actually broke down last year and had the garlic icecream. Believe it
> or not, it was GOOD! Only drawback is there's no beer or any alcohol
> permitted but the food's good enough to make up for that.
>
> They've got a lot of craft venders and a ton of different shows.
>
> http://www.hopefarm.com/garlic.htm
>
> Use it or not... your call (but if you're ever in the area (about 1/2
> between NYC and Albany, NY) it's well worth checkin' out)

Just what I'm looking for! Thanks, Mike
Mike \Piedmont\

2fatbbq wrote:
> "Mike "Piedmont"" > wrote in message
>> I'm compiling a list of web links on The Practical Bar B Q'r, for bbq
>> festivals/contests and/or unique foods festivals/contests.
>>
>> Post some of our favorites please!
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> mike (piedmont)
>>
>> http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBarBQr/_whatsnew.msnw

> This weekend in Wisc---smalltown comes alive
>
> http://www.cranfest.com/
>
> Buzz

Another good one! Keep 'em coming folks!
Mike \Piedmont\

Abe wrote:
>> I'm compiling a list of web links on The Practical Bar B Q'r, for bbq
>> festivals/contests and/or unique foods festivals/contests.
>>
>> Post some of our favorites please!

> You do know about this site I hope:
> http://www.festivals.com/search/resu...yword=barbecue
> http://www.festivals.com/search/resu...yword=barbeque
> http://www.festivals.com/search/resu...px?keyword=bbq
> http://www.festivals.com/search/resu...x?keyword=food

I know about it now, great site, I'll use that too!
Thanks

Mike
Ricky

"Mike "Piedmont"" > wrote in message
> I'm compiling a list of web links on The Practical Bar B Q'r, for bbq
> festivals/contests and/or unique foods festivals/contests.
>
> Post some of our favorites please!
>
> regards,
>
> mike (piedmont)
>
> http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBarBQr/_whatsnew.msnw

The Florida Barbecue Association - http://www.flbbq.org

Jack Schidt®

"Mike "Piedmont"" > wrote in message
> I'm compiling a list of web links on The Practical Bar B Q'r, for bbq
> festivals/contests and/or unique foods festivals/contests.
>
> Post some of our favorites please!
>
> regards,
>
> mike (piedmont)
>
> http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBarBQr/_whatsnew.msnw

Oktoberfest, Munich, Germany. Sorry, Mike, couldn't resist.

Jack

Mike \Piedmont\

Jack Schidt® wrote:
> "Mike "Piedmont"" > wrote in message
>> I'm compiling a list of web links on The Practical Bar B Q'r, for bbq
>> festivals/contests and/or unique foods festivals/contests.
>>
>> Post some of our favorites please!
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> mike (piedmont)
>>
>> http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBarBQr/_whatsnew.msnw
>>

> Oktoberfest, Munich, Germany. Sorry, Mike, couldn't resist.
>
> Jack

You reminded me of October feast in Milwaukee, WI, if you can't do
Germany, Milwaukee will do just fine! (for youse that don't know,
Milwaukee has a rep for being a beer drinking city. there is a
neighborhood pub on virtually every corner.)
Mike

Not Local aem General Cooking 2 26-01-2010 01:00 AM
festival in DC Scott Dorsey Tea 0 22-03-2009 12:17 PM
Favorite Local Decorator Icing Christopher M. General Cooking 8 03-01-2007 04:50 PM
rate and review your favorite restaurants (or least favorite) Bob Nicholson Restaurants 0 08-12-2005 12:17 AM
BBQ Festival bk Barbecue 14 20-08-2005 07:11 PM