Larry

Default Marinade for country style pork "ribs"

I am looking for a good marinade for this cut of meat. Here is KC
area these imitation ribs are cut from the Butt of the pig. In fact
local distributor no longer call them ribs, just 'country style pork'.
I will be grilling these - not Q'ing.

TIA

Edwin Pawlowski

"Larry" > wrote in message
> I will be grilling these - not Q'ing.

They are usually on the tough side grilled. Use a marinade with lots of
acid and it may help tenderize them.

Denny Wheeler

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 11:15:23 GMT, Larry > wrote:

>I am looking for a good marinade for this cut of meat. Here is KC
>area these imitation ribs are cut from the Butt of the pig. In fact
>local distributor no longer call them ribs, just 'country style pork'.
>I will be grilling these - not Q'ing.
>
>TIA

You might want to simmer 'em for a while first. (like an hour or
more)

Me, I did some last weekend on the smoker; used a rub, then glazing
sauce, exactly as I did with a rack of spares the week before. Turned
out great. Yes, they're cut from the butt--that is the same cut used
to make pulled pork. Low'n'slow works a treat.
--
-denny-

"I don't like it when a whole state starts
acting like a marital aid."
"John R. Campbell" in a Usenet post.