kilmister

Default grease dropping

got a new natural gas bbq last year. after about 3months grease started
showing up on the deck and i see that it is leaking from most of the holes
on the bottom plate. there are no charcoal or lava coals in this one, just
a metal plate over the burners. anyone else experience this with their bbq?
the manufacture is telling me i have to clean the bottom of the bbq to allow
the grease to flow properly. i have never done this in 10 years of bbqing,
with my old propane one. Is this just b.s. for a bad design?

kilmister

John O

> Is this just b.s. for a bad design?

The grease either has to go somewhere, or get burned up. Maybe your old
grill burned it up, or more likely, those coals absorbed it and it burned it
off when it got too thick. Or, you're buying better meat? Hard to say for
sure.

-John O

kilmister

well hopefully it would go in the can but not in this case. do you clean
out the bottom of yours regularly?

"John O" > wrote in message
news
> > Is this just b.s. for a bad design?
> >

> The grease either has to go somewhere, or get burned up. Maybe your old
> grill burned it up, or more likely, those coals absorbed it and it burned

it
> off when it got too thick. Or, you're buying better meat? Hard to say for
> sure.
>
> -John O

John O

> well hopefully it would go in the can but not in this case. do you clean
> out the bottom of yours regularly?

No, but mine is on an old slab of concrete, and the dog takes care of the
drips that fall onto the tank. I think that's his favorite spot in the back
yard. I use the smoker more than the grill, so I don't have a lot of
drippage.

-John O

Slawomir Leszko

"John O" > wrote in message
news
> > well hopefully it would go in the can but not in this case. do you

clean
> > out the bottom of yours regularly?
> >

> No, but mine is on an old slab of concrete, and the dog takes care of the
> drips that fall onto the tank. I think that's his favorite spot in the

back
> yard.

Yea, same mine But it isn't a lot. The bottom of mine BBQ is shaped the
way so vent slots have risen edges and there is one low placed hole with
container underneath which takes care of most of gris.

> I use the smoker more than the grill, so I don't have a lot of
> drippage.
>
> -John O

The French........ and pins dropping. blake murphy[_2_] General Cooking 0 06-03-2010 08:21 PM
The French........ and pins dropping. PLucas1 General Cooking 0 05-03-2010 08:59 PM
Grease Traps V Grease Degraders Stu Cooking Equipment 0 19-02-2008 12:53 AM
PH Dropping.... Inferno Winemaking 16 17-12-2004 03:59 AM
Dropping the Fowl Wayne General Cooking 17 15-08-2004 09:19 AM