Fyrepup

Default Cue in Denver area

Hi All,

I'm going to be spending a week in Denver/Westminster area next month.

I would appreciate any suggestions for cue joints or great restaurants in
general.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Brick

On 27-Jul-2005, "Fyrepup" > wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm going to be spending a week in Denver/Westminster area next month.
>
> I would appreciate any suggestions for cue joints or great restaurants in
> general.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Matt

F^&* the BBQ. Drive over to Boulder and drop into Tom's Tavern at the west
end of the Boulder mall for a hamburger. You've never had a hamburger until
you've been to Tom's Taveryn. He sets the standard for hamburgers. Don't
expect either mediocre or cheap. Was $8.00 in '89. Meal on a plate. That's
what you're to expect.
--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed
my mind.)

ryson

Fyrepup wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm going to be spending a week in Denver/Westminster area next month.
>
> I would appreciate any suggestions for cue joints or great restaurants in
> general.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Matt

There is a place in Broomfield called "Kaddy Shack", baby backs, sausage
and beef were pretty good.
Shane Paul

Unfortunately, pickings are mighty slim for good Q in this area. I usually
have to go to Texas to get a decent slice of brisket.

There are one or two little places that aren't bad in Westminster, but
their names escape me at the moment. I'll check it out tomorrow and post
their names. Steer clear of Brothers BBQ, it's a small chain in Denver, and
they use a rub that is way too salty/spicy for my taste, it completely
overpowers the smoke, IMNSHO, although there are people who rave about
them. There's Bennett's, a chain that has a location right off I-70 and
Wadsworth that'll do in a pinch.

As for great restaurants in general, well, this is Denver, and although
they've come a long way in recent years, your basic choices are Mexican,
Mexican, or Mexican. There are some decent places downtown, The Chop House
is one, pricy but good.

Ya know, really, your best bet is to pick up a copy of Westword, it's a
free weekly that has complete restaurant and entertainment listings for the
entire metro area. You can find it at any 7-11.
HTH.

--
Whats the difference between pea soup and roast beef?

Anyone can roast beef.....

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:02:35 -0400, "Fyrepup" > wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I'm going to be spending a week in Denver/Westminster area next month.
>
>I would appreciate any suggestions for cue joints or great restaurants in
>general.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Matt

Shane Paul

Tom's was good the last time I was there, a few years ago. The Dark Horse
also has excellent burgers. They used to have Burger Madness on Tuesdays,
$4.99, don't know if they still do that.

Jesus saves.
Allah forgives.
Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 01:35:05 GMT, "Brick" > wrote:

>On 27-Jul-2005, "Fyrepup" > wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm going to be spending a week in Denver/Westminster area next month.
>>
>> I would appreciate any suggestions for cue joints or great restaurants in
>> general.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Matt

>F^&* the BBQ. Drive over to Boulder and drop into Tom's Tavern at the west
>end of the Boulder mall for a hamburger. You've never had a hamburger until
>you've been to Tom's Taveryn. He sets the standard for hamburgers. Don't
>expect either mediocre or cheap. Was $8.00 in '89. Meal on a plate. That's
>what you're to expect.

Dave Toso

"Fyrepup" > wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I'm going to be spending a week in Denver/Westminster area next month.
>
> I would appreciate any suggestions for cue joints or great restaurants in
> general.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Matt

There is a Brother's BBQ in Broomfield, KT's in Boulder,
and couple up in Longmont.
Last time I was at Toms' (a couple of months ago) I was not impressed.
Dave

Hi, DENVER! Andy General Cooking 2 27-10-2006 03:59 AM
Crusher/Destemmer for Sale in Denver area David D. Winemaking 2 12-09-2006 08:18 PM
i think this little jack denver is john denver because when ZBOXMAN DANVILLE,CA FREE COMPUTER RECYCLING FREE General Cooking 5 01-02-2004 10:09 PM