Chef Juke

Default Almost O.T. - I'm Famous!!

Okay, maybe not really...

Scan of an article from today's Eugene Register Guard.

http://www.chefjuke.com/photos/profile2.jpg

Background:
About a week ago I received an email from a reporter who was doing a
story on softball teams that had unusual names. I manage two softball
teams, The Fighting Cybermonkeys and Team FUBAR (um, FOULED Up Beyond
All Recognition).

Anyway, when I emailed her back a response, she saw my Sig line and
the link to my website. She then called me back and said she'd rather
do a profile piece on me.

So we met for an hour or so on Monday, then she had a photographer
come out yesterday and take the photo.

Fun Stuff.

:-)

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
Dave Bugg

Chef Juke wrote:

> Scan of an article from today's Eugene Register Guard.
>
> http://www.chefjuke.com/photos/profile2.jpg

Great article, Pat. Just goes to show that we've got great folks on AFB!!
BTW, let me know when you plan to get back up this way.

--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Jack Schidt®

"Chef Juke" > wrote in message
> Okay, maybe not really...
>
> Scan of an article from today's Eugene Register Guard.
>
> http://www.chefjuke.com/photos/profile2.jpg
>
> Background:
> About a week ago I received an email from a reporter who was doing a
> story on softball teams that had unusual names. I manage two softball
> teams, The Fighting Cybermonkeys and Team FUBAR (um, FOULED Up Beyond
> All Recognition).
>
> Anyway, when I emailed her back a response, she saw my Sig line and
> the link to my website. She then called me back and said she'd rather
> do a profile piece on me.
>
> So we met for an hour or so on Monday, then she had a photographer
> come out yesterday and take the photo.
>
> Fun Stuff.
>
> :-)

"Santa pub crawl planner"

Hehe, I just gots ta know about that!

Jack

John O

> "EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"

Great story! I especially liked the part about the travelers with bananas.

(If you're looking for good IT techs, I have 65 resumes from some of the
best students in the country...)

-John O

Chef Juke

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:26:39 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> wrote:

>"Chef Juke" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Okay, maybe not really...
>>
>> Scan of an article from today's Eugene Register Guard.
>>
>> http://www.chefjuke.com/photos/profile2.jpg
>>
>> Background:
>> About a week ago I received an email from a reporter who was doing a
>> story on softball teams that had unusual names. I manage two softball
>> teams, The Fighting Cybermonkeys and Team FUBAR (um, FOULED Up Beyond
>> All Recognition).
>>
>> Anyway, when I emailed her back a response, she saw my Sig line and
>> the link to my website. She then called me back and said she'd rather
>> do a profile piece on me.
>>
>> So we met for an hour or so on Monday, then she had a photographer
>> come out yesterday and take the photo.
>>
>> Fun Stuff.
>>
>> :-)
>>

>"Santa pub crawl planner"
>
>Hehe, I just gots ta know about that!
>
>Jack

Aha.

Every year for the past 8 years a group of up to 70 jolly old elves
has descended on downtown Eugene and wreaked Hav- er, had fun visiting
local establishments and sharing Christmas cheer.

More info at: http://www.santajuke.com

Lots of fun.

Chef Juke > wrote:
> Okay, maybe not really...
>
> Scan of an article from today's Eugene Register Guard.
>
> http://www.chefjuke.com/photos/profile2.jpg
> []

Jeez! I know a celebrity! Seriously, Jukeman, nice article.

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:

Graeme...in London

> -Chef Juke
> "EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"

Congrats, Chef, and I'm glad your piece didn't appear on the obituary page
<g>

Graeme

kilikini

"Graeme...in London" > wrote in message
> > -Chef Juke
> > "EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"

> Congrats, Chef, and I'm glad your piece didn't appear on the obituary page
> <g>
>
> Graeme

True 'dat, Mr. Walker! Congrats, Juke!

kili

Dimitri

"Chef Juke" > wrote in message
> Okay, maybe not really...
>
> Scan of an article from today's Eugene Register Guard.
>
> http://www.chefjuke.com/photos/profile2.jpg

Very cool.

Congratulations.

Dimitri

Dimitri

"Chef Juke" > wrote in message
> Okay, maybe not really...
>
> Scan of an article from today's Eugene Register Guard.
>
> http://www.chefjuke.com/photos/profile2.jpg

You can find the text he Only if you need glasses like me.

http://www.registerguard.com/news/20...file.0727.html

Dimitri

Master Chef Richard Campbell

Chef Juke wrote:
> Okay, maybe not really...

Well, well, well,

Famous fades but make yourself infamous and they remember you forever.
Famous is easy. You should set your goals higher. INFAMOUS is what you
want...

Congrats Chef

--
Master Chef Richard Campbell
100% Delightfully Evil for Your Protection

LT

"Chef Juke" > wrote in message
> Okay, maybe not really...
>
> Scan of an article from today's Eugene Register Guard.
>
> http://www.chefjuke.com/photos/profile2.jpg
>
> Background:
> About a week ago I received an email from a reporter who was doing a
> story on softball teams that had unusual names. I manage two softball
> teams, The Fighting Cybermonkeys and Team FUBAR (um, FOULED Up Beyond
> All Recognition).
>
> Anyway, when I emailed her back a response, she saw my Sig line and
> the link to my website. She then called me back and said she'd rather
> do a profile piece on me.
>
> So we met for an hour or so on Monday, then she had a photographer
> come out yesterday and take the photo.
>
> Fun Stuff.
>
> :-)

Very nice... Its always gratifying to see your name (picture) in print.
And well deserved, because I'm sure you live up to your tag line.

Larry T

Chef Juke

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 22:38:57 GMT, "LT" > wrote:

>Very nice... Its always gratifying to see your name (picture) in print.
>And well deserved, because I'm sure you live up to your tag line.
>
>Larry T

Oh, I dunno about that. I have a friend who is a lawyer and just
yesterday he was saying that he was glad he had gone about 45 days
without his name or pic being in the paper...so it's not ALWAYS so
great to have your pic in the paper...

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
Edwin Pawlowski

"Chef Juke" > wrote in message
> Okay, maybe not really...
>
> Scan of an article from today's Eugene Register Guard.
>
> http://www.chefjuke.com/photos/profile2.jpg
>
> Background:

Nice to have a celebrity in our midst. Nice article about an interesting
sounding person. Damn, wish you lived in my neighborhood.

Matthew L. Martin

Chef Juke wrote:

> Okay, maybe not really...
>
> Scan of an article from today's Eugene Register Guard.
>
> http://www.chefjuke.com/photos/profile2.jpg
>
> Background:
> About a week ago I received an email from a reporter who was doing a
> story on softball teams that had unusual names. I manage two softball
> teams, The Fighting Cybermonkeys and Team FUBAR (um, FOULED Up Beyond
> All Recognition).
>
> Anyway, when I emailed her back a response, she saw my Sig line and
> the link to my website. She then called me back and said she'd rather
> do a profile piece on me.
>
> So we met for an hour or so on Monday, then she had a photographer
> come out yesterday and take the photo.
>
> Fun Stuff.

Hey! It couldn't happen to a better guy, IMHO.

Matthew

kilikini

"Master Chef Richard Campbell @ameritech.net>" <chefmagnus<spam> wrote in
message m...
> Chef Juke wrote:
> > Okay, maybe not really...

> Well, well, well,
>
> Famous fades but make yourself infamous and they remember you forever.
> Famous is easy. You should set your goals higher. INFAMOUS is what you
> want...

Honey, he's infamous to us anyway, isn't he?

kili

Jack Schidt®

"Chef Juke" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:26:39 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Chef Juke" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> Okay, maybe not really...
>>>
>>> Scan of an article from today's Eugene Register Guard.
>>>
>>> http://www.chefjuke.com/photos/profile2.jpg
>>>
>>> Background:
>>> About a week ago I received an email from a reporter who was doing a
>>> story on softball teams that had unusual names. I manage two softball
>>> teams, The Fighting Cybermonkeys and Team FUBAR (um, FOULED Up Beyond
>>> All Recognition).
>>>
>>> Anyway, when I emailed her back a response, she saw my Sig line and
>>> the link to my website. She then called me back and said she'd rather
>>> do a profile piece on me.
>>>
>>> So we met for an hour or so on Monday, then she had a photographer
>>> come out yesterday and take the photo.
>>>
>>> Fun Stuff.
>>>
>>> :-)
>>>

>>"Santa pub crawl planner"
>>
>>Hehe, I just gots ta know about that!
>>
>>Jack
>>

> Aha.
>
> Every year for the past 8 years a group of up to 70 jolly old elves
> has descended on downtown Eugene and wreaked Hav- er, had fun visiting
> local establishments and sharing Christmas cheer.
>
> More info at: http://www.santajuke.com
>
> Lots of fun.

Thanks for the link, chef. I figured alcohol was involved

Jack

Chef Juke

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:58:38 -0700, "Dave Bugg" >
wrote:

>Chef Juke wrote:
>
>> Scan of an article from today's Eugene Register Guard.
>>
>> http://www.chefjuke.com/photos/profile2.jpg

>Great article, Pat. Just goes to show that we've got great folks on AFB!!
>BTW, let me know when you plan to get back up this way.

Dave,

Thanks. Will let you know...dang..the summer is really getting away
from me. I was hoping to take a trip up to seattle this month and
swing over (okay, it's a long swing) but to much stuff got in the way.

Hey, how's biz? Haven't seen any major updates lately. How is your
first full summer going?

Inquiring minds want to know.....

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
www.chefjuke.com
Chef Juke

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 00:13:02 GMT, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>"Master Chef Richard Campbell @ameritech.net>" <chefmagnus<spam> wrote in
>message m...
>> Chef Juke wrote:
>> > Okay, maybe not really...

>> Well, well, well,
>>
>> Famous fades but make yourself infamous and they remember you forever.
>> Famous is easy. You should set your goals higher. INFAMOUS is what you
>> want...
>>

>Honey, he's infamous to us anyway, isn't he?
>
>kili

That's probably just because I never send you a DVD of your wedding
video.....

What's yer address again?

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
www.chefjuke.com
cl

Chef Juke wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:58:38 -0700, "Dave Bugg" >
> wrote:
>
> >Chef Juke wrote:
> >
> >> Scan of an article from today's Eugene Register Guard.
> >>
> >> http://www.chefjuke.com/photos/profile2.jpg

You almost look like a giant at the Taj Mahal in that picture. Good
article and the K's look nice (yes I said that)

Dave Bugg

Chef Juke wrote:

> Hey, how's biz? Haven't seen any major updates lately. How is your
> first full summer going?

Biz is doing good. I found a 2004 model SYBBQ concession wagon
(http://www.sybbq.com/concession_8x12.php) that I'm arranging to purchase so
that we can accept more catering jobs. It will also serve as a second store
location in the north end of town in-between gigs.

I'll look forward to seeing you soon.

BTW, since I'm not a drinker, maybe I'll come down in December when you do
the Santa Pub-Crawl, and act as your designated driver to make sure you get
home :-)

--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Chef Juke

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 14:44:51 -0700, "Dave Bugg" >
wrote:

>Chef Juke wrote:
>
>> Hey, how's biz? Haven't seen any major updates lately. How is your
>> first full summer going?

>Biz is doing good. I found a 2004 model SYBBQ concession wagon
>(http://www.sybbq.com/concession_8x12.php) that I'm arranging to purchase so
>that we can accept more catering jobs. It will also serve as a second store
>location in the north end of town in-between gigs.
>
>I'll look forward to seeing you soon.
>
>BTW, since I'm not a drinker, maybe I'll come down in December when you do
>the Santa Pub-Crawl, and act as your designated driver to make sure you get
>home :-)

Way cool on the concession wagon! Looks cool!

We'll try to get up there around anniversary time...unless I have to
go to New York for a memorial for my Dad.

Would love to have ANY A.F.Bers come to the Pub Crawl. And, it ain't
ALL about the drinking...

In fact, for the past 5 years, I've been drinking nothing stronger
than a diet coke...mainly because, as the organizer I need to keep my
wits about me (especially if i have to talk to any of Eugene's
Finest). I still have a blast!

We actually have a pretty good record. In 8 years we have had no
injuries and only one arrest (under extenuating circumstances). Not
bad for a bunch of 50-70 rowdy santas who go about singing risqué Xmas
Carols....

:-)

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
Dave Bugg

Chef Juke wrote:

> We actually have a pretty good record. In 8 years we have had no
> injuries and only one arrest (under extenuating circumstances). Not
> bad for a bunch of 50-70 rowdy santas who go about singing risqué Xmas
> Carols....
>
> :-)

I think I'll get my reservation early. This sounds like a blast :-)
--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Gustave F kilthau

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
news
> Chef Juke wrote:
>
> > Hey, how's biz? Haven't seen any major updates lately. How is your
> > first full summer going?

> Biz is doing good. I found a 2004 model SYBBQ concession wagon
> (http://www.sybbq.com/concession_8x12.php) that I'm arranging to purchase

so
> that we can accept more catering jobs. It will also serve as a second

store
> location in the north end of town in-between gigs.
>
> I'll look forward to seeing you soon.
>
> BTW, since I'm not a drinker, maybe I'll come down in December when you do
> the Santa Pub-Crawl, and act as your designated driver to make sure you

get
> home :-)
>

> --
> Dave
> Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
> http://davebbq.com/

Dave... Those SYBBQ rigs are special. Paid a visit to their place in
Indiana and watched them construct both the trailers and the pits. Really
nice. Kinda pricy for me right now, but I do have plans for one or two of
'em.

And Chef Juke... nice article about you. You, too are special.

Best to you and all,
Gus Kilthau
Redneck's Kitchen, Houston, Texas

2fatbbq

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
news
> Chef Juke wrote:
>
>> Hey, how's biz? Haven't seen any major updates lately. How is your
>> first full summer going?

> Biz is doing good. I found a 2004 model SYBBQ concession wagon
> (http://www.sybbq.com/concession_8x12.php) that I'm arranging to purchase
> so that we can accept more catering jobs. It will also serve as a second
> store location in the north end of town in-between gigs.

As a man who owned a SYC they sure wouldn't be very high on my list of
catering rigs----although they do look good to the customers for sure! Had
my fill of Billy Penny experiences--more than enuf for this lifetime for
sure--cost me lots of money and stress. For a similiar but better(imo) try
http://www.austinnationalsmokers.com/ had Troy Austin rework my SYC(2pics
on that page) so it worked better---but it was like the girlfriend that done
ya wrong--never real trustworthy again--now she is down the road

ymmv

Buzz

> I'll look forward to seeing you soon.
>
> BTW, since I'm not a drinker, maybe I'll come down in December when you do
> the Santa Pub-Crawl, and act as your designated driver to make sure you
> get home :-)
>

> --
> Dave
> Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
> http://davebbq.com/

Dave Bugg

2fatbbq wrote:

> ... For a
> similiar but better(imo) try http://www.austinnationalsmokers.com/

Interesting, but about $8000.00 more than the already depreciated 2004
SYBBQ.

--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

kilikini

"Chef Juke" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 14:44:51 -0700, "Dave Bugg" >
> wrote:
>
> >Chef Juke wrote:
> >
> >> Hey, how's biz? Haven't seen any major updates lately. How is your
> >> first full summer going?

> >Biz is doing good. I found a 2004 model SYBBQ concession wagon
> >(http://www.sybbq.com/concession_8x12.php) that I'm arranging to purchase

so
> >that we can accept more catering jobs. It will also serve as a second

store
> >location in the north end of town in-between gigs.
> >
> >I'll look forward to seeing you soon.
> >
> >BTW, since I'm not a drinker, maybe I'll come down in December when you

do
> >the Santa Pub-Crawl, and act as your designated driver to make sure you

get
> >home :-)

> Way cool on the concession wagon! Looks cool!
>
> We'll try to get up there around anniversary time...unless I have to
> go to New York for a memorial for my Dad.
>
> Would love to have ANY A.F.Bers come to the Pub Crawl. And, it ain't
> ALL about the drinking...
>
> In fact, for the past 5 years, I've been drinking nothing stronger
> than a diet coke...mainly because, as the organizer I need to keep my
> wits about me (especially if i have to talk to any of Eugene's
> Finest). I still have a blast!
>
> We actually have a pretty good record. In 8 years we have had no
> injuries and only one arrest (under extenuating circumstances). Not
> bad for a bunch of 50-70 rowdy santas who go about singing risqué Xmas
> Carols....
>
> :-)

Hey, Juke, where is the Pub Crawl being held?

kili

2fatbbq

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> 2fatbbq wrote:
>
>> ... For a
>> similiar but better(imo) try http://www.austinnationalsmokers.com/

> Interesting, but about $8000.00 more than the already depreciated 2004
> SYBBQ.

Guess my real point is almost ANY cooker is better than a SYC--in my
experience of course
\
Buzz

> --
> Dave
> Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
> http://davebbq.com/

Duwop

"2fatbbq" > wrote in message

> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in message

> > 2fatbbq wrote:
> >
> >> ... For a
> >> similiar but better(imo) try http://www.austinnationalsmokers.com/

> > Interesting, but about $8000.00 more than the already depreciated 2004
> > SYBBQ.
> >

> Guess my real point is almost ANY cooker is better than a SYC--in my
> experience of course
> \
> Buzz

Kinda makes you wonder at why it's available so new and all. I'm sure they
have a good story, though it sure would be nice to talk to the previous
owner.

Dave Bugg

2fatbbq wrote:

> Guess my real point is almost ANY cooker is better than a SYC--in my
> experience of course

And I guess my point is that I'm not interested in the pit or cooker, just
the wagon. I've already got a pit that beats anything out there.

--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Dave Bugg

Duwop wrote:

> Kinda makes you wonder at why it's available so new and all. I'm sure
> they have a good story, though it sure would be nice to talk to the
> previous owner.

I'm getting it from the owner directly. He put it on the market because it
was so successful that he leased a building and opened up a bbq joint. The
joint is so successful that he has no time -- or desire -- to do
concessionairing. And I've spent a great deal of time talking to the
owner, and money on airline tickets to see the wagon, and hired a third
party RV inspector to go over it stem to stern, and talked to the FBI, CIA,
Interpol, etc to make sure he ain't a scam artist. Sheesh. Anything else?

--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

2fatbbq

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> 2fatbbq wrote:
>
>> Guess my real point is almost ANY cooker is better than a SYC--in my
>> experience of course

> And I guess my point is that I'm not interested in the pit or cooker, just
> the wagon. I've already got a pit that beats anything out there.
>
> --

I agree with ya that your pit is the cats meow for sure!! Billy trailers
ain't bad but the cookers are another story---and I'm sorry cause I got a
bone to pick with him that ain't worth going to Indiana to fix--so every
once in awhile I rant about it on the internet---not trying to rain on your
parade

sorry

Buzz

Dave Bugg

2fatbbq wrote:

>...... Billy
> trailers ain't bad but the cookers are another story---and I'm sorry
> cause I got a bone to pick with him that ain't worth going to Indiana

I'd heard that. In fact, this trailer's owner had some issues as well.

> to fix--so every once in awhile I rant about it on the internet---not
> trying to rain on your parade

Not an issue.
--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Harry Demidavicius

Nice article Juke. Did you have to feed the crew? ;0)

Harry

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:26:40 -0700, Chef Juke

Famous Dave's Sparkout Barbecue 45 03-09-2008 04:21 PM
I'm famous Nancy Young General Cooking 36 05-03-2007 09:51 PM
Famous Daves? Barbecue 5 17-10-2005 12:15 AM
Mr. G's Famous PENMART01 General Cooking 0 15-03-2004 01:23 AM