Default Famous Daves?

There building one here in town.
I thought SWEET!! then looked online to see if there was any info on them
Well there is. $8 a sandwich!!!!!
Jeez for for a few dollars more I can do a whole shoulder myself.
That better be some good Q

Edwin Pawlowski

> wrote in message
> There building one here in town.
> I thought SWEET!! then looked online to see if there was any info on them
> Well there is. $8 a sandwich!!!!!
> Jeez for for a few dollars more I can do a whole shoulder myself.
> That better be some good Q

At lunch today I had a mediocre sandwich for $7,29 (including fries) and my
wife had the $7.49 burger. Eating out is not cheap any more. Unless you
like the $1 menu at the salt and fat places, Famous Dave's is about the
going rate.

Never been to one but cannot comment on the quality, but it is supposed to
be OK for a chain. If they cook over real wood at least for flavor and slow
cook, that is not a bad price. Making bbq is very labor intensive compared
to a ham sandwich.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

phyteach

Someone gave me a couple of their sauces, I wasn't terribly impressed.

Jim

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> Never been to one but cannot comment on the quality, but it is
> supposed to be OK for a chain. If they cook over real wood at least
> for flavor and slow cook, that is not a bad price. Making bbq is
> very labor intensive compared to a ham sandwich.

I thought Famous Daves was pretty good until five days ago. Then I was
in Houston and had the pleasure of visiting Pappas BBQ. Texas BBQ in Texas.
Authentic.

dwacôn

> wrote in message
> There building one here in town.
> I thought SWEET!! then looked online to see if there was any info on them
> Well there is. $8 a sandwich!!!!!
> Jeez for for a few dollars more I can do a whole shoulder myself.
> That better be some good Q

I've been to one and it isn't awful but it isn't outstanding either...

--
Jennifer Lopez Lingerie *plus* Gourmet Goodies
www.cafepress.com/dwacon

I'm famous Nancy Young General Cooking 36 05-03-2007 09:51 PM
Famous Daves? Barbecue 0 14-10-2005 01:17 AM
Almost O.T. - I'm Famous!! Chef Juke Barbecue 33 02-08-2005 06:32 PM
DAVES FARM FRESH FLORIDA PRODUCE BROOKSVILLE FLORIDA CHERRY PICKER Restaurants 0 09-06-2004 04:52 AM
Mr. G's Famous PENMART01 General Cooking 0 15-03-2004 01:23 AM