Kevin B

Default Keeping it hot

Anyone have a trick for keeping meat warm for hours before serving? I work
second shift & would like to smoke a pork butt overnight then bring it into
work & serve it at lunch. I'd have to take it out of the smoker at 3:00 &
lunch is at 7:30. I was thinking of putting it into a pre-warmed picnic
cooler...

Thanks,
Kevin

Skwzmnlmn

Kevin B wrote:
> Anyone have a trick for keeping meat warm for hours before serving? I work
> second shift & would like to smoke a pork butt overnight then bring it into
> work & serve it at lunch. I'd have to take it out of the smoker at 3:00 &
> lunch is at 7:30. I was thinking of putting it into a pre-warmed picnic
> cooler...
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin

Wrap it up good with heavy duty aluminum foil. Place it in the bottom
of a cooler and cover with towels. It should last a few hours like that.

HTH,
Don
Stan (the Man)

Kevin B wrote:
> Anyone have a trick for keeping meat warm for hours before serving? I work
> second shift & would like to smoke a pork butt overnight then bring it into
> work & serve it at lunch. I'd have to take it out of the smoker at 3:00 &
> lunch is at 7:30. I was thinking of putting it into a pre-warmed picnic
> cooler...

No need to pre-warm it. Just wrap your meat in heavy-duty alummi . . .
aluman . . . tin foil, then in a towel and put it in the cooler. I'd
take it out of the smoker a bit sooner than you would if you were
serving it right away, as it will tend to cook a bit more in the foil.
I've done this and it was still hot 5 hrs later.

--
Stan
bc

Stan (the Man) wrote:
> Kevin B wrote:
> > Anyone have a trick for keeping meat warm for hours before serving? I work
> > second shift & would like to smoke a pork butt overnight then bring it into
> > work & serve it at lunch. I'd have to take it out of the smoker at 3:00 &
> > lunch is at 7:30. I was thinking of putting it into a pre-warmed picnic
> > cooler...

> No need to pre-warm it. Just wrap your meat in heavy-duty alummi . . .
> aluman . . . tin foil, then in a towel and put it in the cooler. I'd
> take it out of the smoker a bit sooner than you would if you were
> serving it right away, as it will tend to cook a bit more in the foil.
> I've done this and it was still hot 5 hrs later.

Ditto. Foil and two large towels then in a cooler. Went to friend's
house and let brisket and ribs sit for 4 hours until dinner time. They
were still plenty hot when I cut them after that.

- bc