Larry Dawson

Default low/high pressure buners?

I have a turkey oil fryer set with a high pressure burner (60,000 btu.)
Recently bought a cast iron turkey roaster. This is just the pot, no
burner. The directions recommend using it with a low pressure buner
(30,000 btu.) It did come with a steel disc to place between the pot
and the burner if you're using a high pressure burner. I've done a
turkey and a pot of chili. Both turned out excellent. The only problem
I experienced was keeping the flame down enough so things wouldn't get
too hot. Am I right in assuming that with a low pressure burner one
would have better control in adjusting the flame/heat? Has any one had
experience with using both types of burners and is it worth it to
purchase a low pressure one for the cast iron roaster? I appreciate any
input.
Thanks,
Larry
--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Larry Dawson

http://homepage.mac.com/capnlarry/

I don't know whether it's a virtue or a vice in me, but regularly
rereading favorite books has always been one of the quasi-
religious ceremonies with which I occupy my life.
Fritz Leiber
MiracleWhip

"Larry Dawson" > wrote in message
>I have a turkey oil fryer set with a high pressure burner (60,000 btu.)
>Recently bought a cast iron turkey roaster. This is just the pot, no
>burner. The directions recommend using it with a low pressure buner (30,000
>btu.) It did come with a steel disc to place between the pot and the burner
>if you're using a high pressure burner. I've done a turkey and a pot of
>chili. Both turned out excellent. The only problem I experienced was
>keeping the flame down enough so things wouldn't get too hot. Am I right in
>assuming that with a low pressure burner one would have better control in
>adjusting the flame/heat? Has any one had experience with using both types
>of burners and is it worth it to purchase a low pressure one for the cast
>iron roaster? I appreciate any input.
> Thanks,
> Larry
> --
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> Larry Dawson

http://homepage.mac.com/capnlarry/

> I don't know whether it's a virtue or a vice in me, but regularly
> rereading favorite books has always been one of the quasi-
> religious ceremonies with which I occupy my life.
> Fritz Leiber

I have a double rig, with both high and low burners and use heavy aluminum
cookware, not cast iron. Low pressure for oil frying (turkey, chicken and
fries), and high pressure for boiling (crawfish, shrimp and veggies). You
have better temperature control with the low pressure burner for oil frying
where you need to maintain a temperature. A high pressure burner gives you
maximum heat to bring water to a boil much faster and control is not needed,
it's either boil or simmer or off.

MW 8-}

painless

Try this