Adam

Default Brinlman Pitmaster Baffle

Quite a while back someone posted plans for a baffle which tends to handle
the problem of too much heat reaching meat near the fire box on a horizon
offset smoker. I need to install a baffle on a Brinkman Pitmaster. I made a
stupid move and didn't save the plans when they were posted. I would
appreciate someone posting their fix. Thanks.

Brick

On 6-Apr-2005, "Adam" > wrote:

> Quite a while back someone posted plans for a baffle which tends to handle
> the problem of too much heat reaching meat near the fire box on a horizon
> offset smoker. I need to install a baffle on a Brinkman Pitmaster. I made
> stupid move and didn't save the plans when they were posted. I would
> appreciate someone posting their fix. Thanks.

I believe those mods are in the FAQ someplace. They're applicable to
most all of the low end offsets. Being to lazy to drill a couple of holes
in a piece of metal plate or sheet metal, I just laid a couple of bricks
on the grill at the firebox opening to deflect a lot of the radiant heat
getting into the smoking chamber. It seems to work pretty well, but
doesn't take the place of a neat modification as per the FAQ. My
trick uses up some grate space, wheras the FAQ mod does not.

Brick (Keep the shiny side up)

Brick

Baffle bh Barbecue 6 12-08-2006 01:16 AM
Is Baffle Too Effective?! [email protected] Barbecue 4 02-07-2005 12:58 PM
Brinlman Pitmaster Baffle Adam Barbecue 0 06-04-2005 05:42 AM
Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit or something else Rob Barbecue 1 07-01-2005 06:11 AM