Old 13-03-2005, 02:33 AM
Brick

On 11-Mar-2005, Piedmont wrote:

Brick wrote:
snip
I probably won't be around much BOB. My shady life has caught up with
me.
Right after I survived heart repair,my wife who was already sliding into
Altzheimer's, fell and broke a hip. She survived a hip replacement job
but the pain killers and other med's kicked her Altzheimer's into high
gear.
She's now in a rehab/nursing facility where she can be looked after
24/7.
It's a real bitch when I visit her in the evening and she doesn't
remember
me being there that same morning.

Brick (Trying to keep the shiny side up)

Brick,

I hope your not having to go through all this alone!

Do you have support nearby, family, good friends? If not, start
looking, there will be honest and good folks that sincerely wish to help.

Chin up, we'll be keeping you and your wife in our thoughts and prayers.

You know you can always find an ear to listen to ya here!
--
Regards, Mike Willsey

I apoligize in advance for the full quote.

First off Mike, I appreciate your prayers. The big move lately to remove
religion from our America makes me sick to my stomach. I'm not a Sky
Pilot, but I take great refuge in my belief in God.

Recent update. My lady survived hip surgery in fine fashion. With luck
I can bring her home Wed Mar 16th. But!!!, She'll have to be watched
24/7 from now on because of the Alzheimer's.

I felt the pain when the Hound passed, again when Monroe and
Miranda were burned out and yet again when Jack Curry passed.
I am chagrined to say this, but Mrs Libby, the Monroes and Mrs.
Curry were among the lucky ones. Only cancer and it's lingering
pain outrank alzheimer's as a hurtfil millstone for the survirors.I
thank you all for your support.

Brick (Keeping the shiny side up)

Old 13-03-2005, 04:15 AM

"Brick" wrote:
[ . . . ]
Recent update. My lady survived hip surgery in fine fashion. With luck
I can bring her home Wed Mar 16th. But!!!, She'll have to be watched
24/7 from now on because of the Alzheimer's.

I felt the pain when the Hound passed, again when Monroe and
Miranda were burned out and yet again when Jack Curry passed.
I am chagrined to say this, but Mrs Libby, the Monroes and Mrs.
Curry were among the lucky ones. Only cancer and it's lingering
pain outrank alzheimer's as a hurtfil millstone for the survirors.I
thank you all for your support.

Brick (Keeping the shiny side up)

You are a brick, Brick. We are all with you!

--
Nick. To send your support to Any of Our Troops in Harm's Way, go to:
http://anysoldier.com/

Ping Bricker Brick[_3_] Barbecue 0 01-01-2010 03:46 AM
Ping Bricker piedmont Barbecue 0 31-12-2009 09:04 PM
PING: M&M, Brick, Bricker... BOB Barbecue 0 14-02-2005 12:15 AM
Ping Bricker Big Jim Barbecue 0 21-09-2004 11:41 PM