Dimitri

Default Pulled Pork sauce

Last weekend I smoked 2 large picnics.

I will be reheating the meat to serve at a get together - I do plan to buy
buns so the invitees can make sandwiches.

Do you have a favorite sauce?

I am looking for a mild but flavorful and a medium hot.

BTW after pulling, the meat was sauced lightly with a vinegar based sauce.

TIA.

Dimitri

JakBQuik

"Dimitri" asked:

> Do you have a favorite sauce?

Absolutely. Chef Juke's Raspberry Chipoltle sauce is my favorite. Takes a
little while to make, but it is pure heaven on pulled pork. Here's a url:

http://www.talkaboutcooking.com/grou...ges/82975.html

John in Austin

Ricky

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
> Last weekend I smoked 2 large picnics.
>
> I will be reheating the meat to serve at a get together - I do plan to buy
> buns so the invitees can make sandwiches.
>
> Do you have a favorite sauce?
>
> I am looking for a mild but flavorful and a medium hot.

1 cup Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ Sauce
1 cup Kraft Original
1/4 cup Orange Juice
2 tablespoons Tabasco

Kevin S. Wilson

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 17:01:21 GMT, "JakBQuik" >
wrote:

>"Dimitri" asked:
>>
>> Do you have a favorite sauce?

>Absolutely. Chef Juke's Raspberry Chipoltle sauce is my favorite. Takes a
>little while to make, but it is pure heaven on pulled pork. Here's a url:
>
>http://www.talkaboutcooking.com/grou...ges/82975.html

Seconded. However, I've eaten so many PP sandwiches with that sauce
that I'm a little tired of it now. That said, it is also excellent as
a glaze on ribs and served warm on the side with brisket.

For something different and easy with PP, try the following:

1/3 cider vinager
1/3 honey
1/3 mustard (deli mustard or brown mustard, not the cheap neon-yellow
stuff)

Mix together and heat slowly in a small pan, until everything is
combined. Very good with PP.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a university somewhere in Idaho
BOB

Dimitri wrote:
> Last weekend I smoked 2 large picnics.
>
> I will be reheating the meat to serve at a get together - I do plan to
> buy buns so the invitees can make sandwiches.
>
> Do you have a favorite sauce?
>
> I am looking for a mild but flavorful and a medium hot.
>
> BTW after pulling, the meat was sauced lightly with a vinegar based
> sauce.
> TIA.
>
> Dimitri

This month?
Last 2 butts I used mojo crillo (from the bottle, don't remember the
brand) mixed in with the pulled pork. A little extra cayenne pepper for
heat and/or a chopped jalepeÑo or 2.

BOB

Cam

BOB wrote:
> > Do you have a favorite sauce?
> >
> > I am looking for a mild but flavorful and a medium hot.

On Christine Cushing Live this week the guest was a chef who runs a BBQ
restaurant in Mass. His favourite, which I haven't tried yet, was 1
part cider vinegar, 1 part black strap molasses and 1/2 part mustard.
Simmer until the bubbles get big. I think I'll try that with some
horseradish mustard.

Cam

Brian Worthey

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
> Last weekend I smoked 2 large picnics.
>
> I will be reheating the meat to serve at a get together - I do plan to buy
> buns so the invitees can make sandwiches.
>
> Do you have a favorite sauce?
>
> I am looking for a mild but flavorful and a medium hot.
>
> BTW after pulling, the meat was sauced lightly with a vinegar based sauce.
>
> TIA.
>
> Dimitri

Not sure where I found this one, probably from someone here, but this is one
of my favorites on PP, when I put anything on it at all.

2 cups cider vinegar
1 cup yellow prepared mustard
2 tablespoons black pepper finely ground
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup brown sugar packed
3 tablespoons Louisiana style hot sauce or Texas Pete
1/2 tablespoon seasoned salt

B-Worthey

Matthew L. Martin

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

> For something different and easy with PP, try the following:
>
> 1/3 cider vinager
> 1/3 honey
> 1/3 mustard (deli mustard or brown mustard, not the cheap neon-yellow
> stuff)
>
> Mix together and heat slowly in a small pan, until everything is
> combined. Very good with PP.

Some variances (including CYM):

Use CYM
Use Maple Syrup
Don't heat

I've done most of the combinations of the above and all are good on PP.

Matthew
Wiblur the Once

p0wder > wrote in
:

>>Seconded. However, I've eaten so many PP sandwiches

> I bet you have. LOL!

Dear CAL:

This incarnation is way more lame than your last. Here's $20 (SAIT), go
buy a few clues and come back with a more interesting one.

--
"they'll never be able to catch me buying pink spandex cat diapers in human
sizes during office hours!" - Kibo

http://www.aros.net/~jchapman - The Wiblovian Institute of Kibology