Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Cooking Horse

Anyone ever used a cooking horse before?

I have a lot riding on my art horses (race horses), but if one is injured,
they may just be a candidate for a cooking horse.

-Blini Delicious

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 2011-04-15 at 00:24 +0200, Bread Basket wrote:
> Anyone ever used a cooking horse before?
>
> I have a lot riding on my art horses (race horses), but if one is injured,
> they may just be a candidate for a cooking horse.
>
> -Blini Delicious

I've have had horse at a restaurant specializing in unusual meats. They
also served ostrich and kangaroo. The horse steak I had tasted good
without any particular flavor. If I didn't know it was horse I would
probably not have noticed and thought it was a little bit dark lean
beef.

Also, where I come from one of the most famous sausages is made of,
among other things, horse. It's used as lunch meat as you would use
salami and is very popular.

But for my barbecue I have never tried horse and probably won't unless I
have to. So I can not advice you on what it would be like and how to do
it. If you choose to do it, please report back how it went down.

--
//ceed indeed

Charly Horse? piedmont Barbecue 25 16-05-2010 03:58 PM
May the Best horse win! Andy[_15_] General Cooking 14 08-06-2009 12:19 AM
Cooking horse meat GMAJaskol General Cooking 1 04-10-2003 07:04 PM