Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Price alert: Beef tenderloin at Costco

On 27-Jun-2010, "Stormmee" > wrote:

> i have a Sam's membership, a costco membership and i still price shop for
> what i want, it hast to be whelches grape jelly so when its on sale i get
> it
> wherever, walmart has its place like every other store, imbuing emotions
> into issues of groceries is odd to me, Lee
> "ceed" > wrote in message
> newsp.veylauku325jvr@cdlappy...
> > On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 19:55:12 -0500, Sqwertz >
> > wrote:

.. . .

I have to agree with that comment Lee. I shop them all and buy when I
find the quality and price that I want. I find some deals now and then
at MacDill AFB, but it is not a given. Often they are priced significantly
above the regular supermarkets. Their quality is always good though.
I don't think I've ever seen 'select' grade meat at the commissary. I've
gotten a few briskets at Walmart, but all too often they don't even have
any in the meat case. My best source for brisket is 35 miles away, so
I have to figure in the cost of gas if I go over there. It sure isn't worth
it
for a single brisket. My best ongoing sources are three local independent
grocery/meat markets that do real butchering and don't wrap anything
until you buy it.

--
Brick made that speech.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

crap my closest grocery above a gas station is that far away... wally is
only 18 miles away, so if its milk, or heinze i get it, Lee
> wrote in message
ster.com...

> On 27-Jun-2010, "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> i have a Sam's membership, a costco membership and i still price shop for
>> what i want, it hast to be whelches grape jelly so when its on sale i get
>> it
>> wherever, walmart has its place like every other store, imbuing emotions
>> into issues of groceries is odd to me, Lee
>> "ceed" > wrote in message
>> newsp.veylauku325jvr@cdlappy...
>> > On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 19:55:12 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> > wrote:

> . . .
>
> I have to agree with that comment Lee. I shop them all and buy when I
> find the quality and price that I want. I find some deals now and then
> at MacDill AFB, but it is not a given. Often they are priced significantly
> above the regular supermarkets. Their quality is always good though.
> I don't think I've ever seen 'select' grade meat at the commissary. I've
> gotten a few briskets at Walmart, but all too often they don't even have
> any in the meat case. My best source for brisket is 35 miles away, so
> I have to figure in the cost of gas if I go over there. It sure isn't
> worth
> it
> for a single brisket. My best ongoing sources are three local independent
> grocery/meat markets that do real butchering and don't wrap anything
> until you buy it.
>
> --
> Brick made that speech.

Costco price signs Nancy Young[_6_] General Cooking 6 25-07-2013 10:06 PM
Price Alert!! Zz Yzx Barbecue 14 24-03-2009 01:59 AM
Whole Beef Tenderloin Dan Barbecue 5 13-03-2004 03:50 AM