Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default 40LB Kingsford for $9.97

Got this off the Smoke Ring bbq Forum, Home Depot having a sale on
Kingsford, two 20 pound bags for $9.97! It seems to be nation wide, ditto
here in the Carolinas as well as texas

--
regards, piedmont ~ the practical bbq'r!

http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 27, 10:02*am, piedmont > wrote:
> Got this off the Smoke Ring bbq Forum, Home Depot having a sale on
> Kingsford, two 20 pound bags for $9.97! It seems to be nation wide, ditto
> here in the Carolinas as well as texas

SCORE!

Thanks, Mike.

Bought 80 lbs today to keep me in the mood for grilling. The price
was just too good to say no.

Robert
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 29, 7:32*am, piedmont > wrote:
> On Sat, 29 May 2010 03:44:09 -0700, wrote:
> > On May 27, 10:02*am, piedmont > wrote:

> Yeahh Baby! I took 80 pounds myself, thinking of 1 more 40 lb.

As a contractor, I am in HD fairly often. Today was no exception....
I'm not made of stone.... I bought another 40lbs !

Not to worry, it will get used. When it is hot as hell out there (and
it is moving that way rapidly with 96F here today) I will be using the
WSM a lot more and my big offset a lot less. I have the WSM to the
point where it is almost and oven it is so steady in heat delivery and
temps, so no "in an out of the house" all day checking the pit.

At this point, I don't even check the fuel level (and don't take off
the dome) for about 6 hours if the basket is full.

Maintaining 250F or so in the black bullet in full sunshine while in
the Texas heat uses surprising little fuel. It sure makes it easy to
smoke.

Robert

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 29, 9:32Â*am, piedmont > wrote:
> On Sat, 29 May 2010 03:44:09 -0700, wrote:
> > On May 27, 10:02Â*am, piedmont > wrote:
> >> Got this off the Smoke Ring bbq Forum, Home Depot having a sale on
> >> Kingsford, two 20 pound bags for $9.97! It seems to be nation wide,
> >> ditto here in the Carolinas as well as texas

> > SCORE!

> > Thanks, Mike.

> > Bought 80 lbs today to keep me in the mood for grilling. Â*The price was
> > just too good to say no.

> > Robert

> Yeahh Baby! I took 80 pounds myself, thinking of 1 more 40 lb. After I
> bought mine I was at Walmart and there was a guy with his Walmart deal on
> kingsford, which was two 16 lb bags for 9.97, I clued him into Home Depot
> and he thanked me on his way to HD after leaving the Walmart deal with
> Walmart!
>
> --
> regards, piedmont ~ the practical bbq'r!
>
> http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/

Thanks! 80 pounds here!

Rock

kingsford commercial Storrmmee Barbecue 17 23-03-2011 04:21 AM
40LB Kingsford $9.97 piedmont General Cooking 50 07-06-2010 08:03 PM
Kingsford or ? DBear Barbecue 17 18-07-2007 12:27 PM
Kingsford lump jinym Barbecue 29 04-06-2006 09:48 AM
which briquettes, if not kingsford? blah blah Barbecue 3 29-07-2005 06:08 PM