Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default but what the heck..

On 15-May-2010, "Wallace" > wrote:

> "piedmont" > wrote in message
> > OT: but what the heck it's dead here anyway...
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4VhV...eature=related
> >
> > Never seen this way to 'link' sausage.
> >
> > piedmont

> those watching this video - skip over to near the end, when the links are
> created after the sausage is stuffed.
>
> funny he forgot to smoke the sausages.
>

> Where do I buy a horizontal stuffing machine like he uses?

Here you go;

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...3525_200333525

--
Brick said that
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"piedmont" > wrote in message
> OT: but what the heck it's dead here anyway...
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4VhV...eature=related
>
> Never seen this way to 'link' sausage.
>
> piedmont

those watching this video - skip over to near the end, when the links are
created after the sausage is stuffed.

funny he forgot to smoke the sausages.

Where do I buy a horizontal stuffing machine like he uses?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Wallace" > wrote:

> "piedmont" > wrote in message
> > OT: but what the heck it's dead here anyway...
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4VhV...eature=related
> >
> > Never seen this way to 'link' sausage.
> >
> > piedmont

> those watching this video - skip over to near the end, when the links are
> created after the sausage is stuffed.
>
> funny he forgot to smoke the sausages.
>

> Where do I buy a horizontal stuffing machine like he uses?

There are some on his website. <g>

There are also some here on Amazon.com:

<http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...aps&field-keyw
ords=horizontal+sausauge+stuffer&x=0&y=0>

And some from Cabela's for a drastically better price:

<http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...?id=0072883519
334a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=sear ch-results1.jsp&Ntk=Pro
ducts&QueryText=sausage+stuffer&sort=all&Go.y=0&N= 0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_dyn
charset=ISO-8859-1&Go.x=0&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch% 2Fsear
ch-box.jsp.form23>

Or: <http://tinyurl.com/2ectxkr>

They are still expensive tho'. Many grinders (what he called "mincer")
come with stuffing attachments. While it's a pain in the ass to run
ground meat back thru the grinder into the stuffer attachment, it can be
done but it's not really necessary.

One, you can make patties out of the sausages.
Two, you can run the initial grind directly into casings! That is what I
do. I learned that trick from a pro' butcher/sausage maker on a.b.f.
and it works just fine.

I cut the meat into around 2" cubes, mix my spices and binder with the
chunks, set the grinder up with a smaller, finer plate (unless I want
course sausage) and run the first grind directly in to my casings. The
initial screw and grinding action mixes the flavorings in surprisingly
well.

There are a couple of sausage making series in my picasa web albums in
my sig. :-) There is even a smoked beef sausage series.

I refuse to use bread or flour as a binder! With the last two batches
(including chicken sausage), I used some whey protein as my binder and
it worked like a charm, and kept it low carb. I also use about 1/4 of
the salt called for in most recipes. I don't like my meat overly salted.

Smoking link sausage is not a requirement for it to turn out well. It's
a matter of personal taste...
--
Peace! Om

What The Heck? Tom Kunich Winemaking 7 17-02-2011 04:45 PM
What the heck IS this? [email protected][_1_] General Cooking 36 25-01-2008 02:45 AM
What the heck? Lady Cat General Cooking 12 25-04-2007 09:48 PM
What the Heck? [email protected] Wine 2 03-12-2006 11:20 PM
How the heck... -L. General Cooking 5 02-12-2003 03:47 PM