Robert Love

Default Brines & Honey

Any reason I shouldn't use honey instead of brown sugar?
Can I substitue equal volumes?

I happen to have a lot of honey right now so am looking for ways to use
it.
Other suggestions welcome.
Charles Demas

In article >,
Robert Love > wrote:
>Any reason I shouldn't use honey instead of brown sugar?
>Can I substitue equal volumes?
>
>I happen to have a lot of honey right now so am looking for ways to use
>it.
>Other suggestions welcome.

I think I heard that honey is twice as sweet as sugar, so perhaps
equal quantities are not right. But hey, I like sweet, so why not try
it anyway.

Chuck Demas

--
Eat Healthy | _ _ | Nothing would be done at all,
Stay Fit | @ @ | If a man waited to do it so well,
| \___/ | http://world.std.com/~cpd
Steve Calvin

Mike wrote:

> "Robert Love" > wrote in message
>
>>Any reason I shouldn't use honey instead of brown sugar?
>>Can I substitue equal volumes?
>>
>>I happen to have a lot of honey right now so am looking for ways to use
>>it.
>>Other suggestions welcome.

> Make some mead!
> it goes well with que

yabut... man you've gotta be careful with that stuff. It'll hit ya
harder than a high speed freight train!

How do you like your honey?- Honey Bars recipe Julia Altshuler General Cooking 0 30-01-2008 02:42 PM
Honey!....Is there a Use By Date for Honey?... Bigbazza[_7_] General Cooking 2 02-01-2008 12:22 PM
honey J.Lef General Cooking 24 09-02-2007 09:29 PM
Brines & Honey Charles Demas Barbecue 4 17-08-2004 03:55 PM
Jan: Church's Honey Biscuits with Honey Butter Duckie ® Recipes 0 13-05-2004 01:24 PM