Kevin S. Wilson

Default Anyone Else Getting Unsolicited E-mail Follow-ups to Old Posts?

Anyone else getting email from this guy? It's unsolicited, but if he
only sent it to me it's not necessarily spam. Annoying, though.

***************

Hi Kevin:

I came upon your Email by chance, like a message in a bottle found
drifting, I thought I would answer. I like what you said, and thought
you might wish to check out our site: www.potter-productions.com. We
produced two BBQ videos that have been well received in the barbecue
community.

If you like, check out the trailers, reviews, and testimonials.

Best Regards,

Fred Gerendasy
Potter Productions, Inc.
800.755-6995

Subject: Are there any good videos on barbecue?

>I've only seen one that I thought was really spectacular. Sadly, most
>BBQ video s are stuff like Al Roker @ Memphis In May or Emeril or some
>such crap like that. Total puff & hype - all sauce, no meat.
>
>However, several years ago there was a great 1 hour PBS documentary
>titled "Slow Food - Fast Times: Riding The Barbecue Trail" that is hands
>down the best things I've ever seen on real BBQ. The producer and a
>cameraguy spend over a year traveling through the south visiting all the
>legendary joints and a lot of little known Hole-In-the-walls often on
>their own dime, doing interviews with the owners, pit masters and
>customers. It was produced as a labor of love and is a real joy to
>watch. I have no idea how to get a copy of it but if you can track one
>down, you won't be disapointed.

It's available from South Carolina Educational Television, for $19.95
+
s/h.

<http://scetvstore.org/products/detai...=V&sstring=slo
w+ food>

I think we're talking about the same video. It's listed at SCETV as
"Slow Food, Fast Times: Joe Murphy's Video Journey Through Barbecue
Country."
***********************

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
kilikini

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> Anyone else getting email from this guy? It's unsolicited, but if he
> only sent it to me it's not necessarily spam. Annoying, though.
>
> ***************
>
> Hi Kevin:
>
> I came upon your Email by chance, like a message in a bottle found
> drifting, I thought I would answer. I like what you said, and thought
> you might wish to check out our site: www.potter-productions.com. We
> produced two BBQ videos that have been well received in the barbecue
> community.
>
> If you like, check out the trailers, reviews, and testimonials.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Fred Gerendasy
> Potter Productions, Inc.
> 800.755-6995

I have my e-mail address 'hidden' so to speak, but any idiot can figure it
out. Yours is visibly out there, and you post frequently. Perhaps that's
why he targeted you?

BTW, must thank you again for giving me my uncle's e-mail. We're back in
contact again. I really appreciate it.

kili

kilikini

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> Anyone else getting email from this guy? It's unsolicited, but if he
> only sent it to me it's not necessarily spam. Annoying, though.
>
> ***************
>
> Hi Kevin:
>
> I came upon your Email by chance, like a message in a bottle found
> drifting, I thought I would answer. I like what you said, and thought
> you might wish to check out our site: www.potter-productions.com. We
> produced two BBQ videos that have been well received in the barbecue
> community.
>
> If you like, check out the trailers, reviews, and testimonials.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Fred Gerendasy
> Potter Productions, Inc.
> 800.755-6995

I have my e-mail address 'hidden' so to speak, but any idiot can figure it
out. Yours is visibly out there, and you post frequently. Perhaps that's
why he targeted you?

BTW, must thank you again for giving me my uncle's e-mail. We're back in
contact again. I really appreciate it.

kili

Harry Demidavicius

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 14:07:21 GMT, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Anyone else getting email from this guy? It's unsolicited, but if he
>> only sent it to me it's not necessarily spam. Annoying, though.
>>
>> ***************
>>
>> Hi Kevin:
>>
>> I came upon your Email by chance, like a message in a bottle found
>> drifting, I thought I would answer. I like what you said, and thought
>> you might wish to check out our site: www.potter-productions.com. We
>> produced two BBQ videos that have been well received in the barbecue
>> community.
>>
>> If you like, check out the trailers, reviews, and testimonials.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Fred Gerendasy
>> Potter Productions, Inc.
>> 800.755-6995
>>

>I have my e-mail address 'hidden' so to speak, but any idiot can figure it
>out. Yours is visibly out there, and you post frequently. Perhaps that's
>why he targeted you?
>
>BTW, must thank you again for giving me my uncle's e-mail. We're back in
>contact again. I really appreciate it.
>
>kili

I've had that post too, Kevin. Now that Shaw have introduced SPAM
filtering the occasional post like this one doesn't especially upset
me.. It was HELL before at 300/day crap posts. I'm leaving my
harry.d address in place.

Harry
Harry Demidavicius