Bill Blum

Default Advice Needed: How To Approach Ribs on a Weber Kettle

Hi there-

After my first attempt at ribs (which we won't discuss, I overcooked
them somewhat fierce), I'm looking for advice...

Any suggestions/recipes for baby back ribs would be welcomed, keeping in
mind: I've only got a Weber 22 1/2" kettle.

Replies to the group, please-- the email goes nowhere.
bbq

Bill Blum wrote:

> Hi there-
>
> After my first attempt at ribs (which we won't discuss, I overcooked
> them somewhat fierce), I'm looking for advice...

Check out this site for some great information on Q'ing
http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq2/toc.html

> Any suggestions/recipes for baby back ribs would be welcomed, keeping in
> mind: I've only got a Weber 22 1/2" kettle.

A weber 22 1/2" kettle is fine for baby backs. Cook indirect over a
medium/hot fire about 90 minutes or so.

> Replies to the group, please-- the email goes nowhere.

And most here would rather reply to the group also.

Look for a post from Dave Bugg in this group with a subject of
A note to newbies, and a big welcome. He posts this every once in a
while and remember seeing it about a week ago or so.

Happy Q'en,
BBQ

BOB

bbq wrote:
> Bill Blum wrote:
>
>> Hi there-
>>
>> After my first attempt at ribs (which we won't discuss, I overcooked
>> them somewhat fierce), I'm looking for advice...
>>

> Check out this site for some great information on Q'ing
> http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq2/toc.html
>
>> Any suggestions/recipes for baby back ribs would be welcomed, keeping in
>> mind: I've only got a Weber 22 1/2" kettle.
>>

> A weber 22 1/2" kettle is fine for baby backs. Cook indirect over a
> medium/hot fire about 90 minutes or so.
>
>> Replies to the group, please-- the email goes nowhere.

> And most here would rather reply to the group also.
>
> Look for a post from Dave Bugg in this group with a subject of
> A note to newbies, and a big welcome. He posts this every once in a
> while and remember seeing it about a week ago or so.
>
> Happy Q'en,
> BBQ

What BBQ said, plus this Weber website:
http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/
it's mostly discussing the WSM, but there'slots of other excellent information
there, too.

BOB

Louis Cohen

Set it up for indirect heat - coals on each side with some chips or chunks,
drip pan in the middle with ribs above. Cook until tender enough to pull
the ribs apart easily with your fingertips.

----
Louis Cohen
Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

"Bill Blum" > wrote in message
gy.com...
> Hi there-
>
> After my first attempt at ribs (which we won't discuss, I overcooked
> them somewhat fierce), I'm looking for advice...
>
> Any suggestions/recipes for baby back ribs would be welcomed, keeping in
> mind: I've only got a Weber 22 1/2" kettle.
>
> Replies to the group, please-- the email goes nowhere.

Clay Cahill

I heard that Bill Blum > said:

>Hi there-
>
>After my first attempt at ribs (which we won't discuss, I overcooked
>them somewhat fierce), I'm looking for advice...
>
>Any suggestions/recipes for baby back ribs would be welcomed, keeping in
>mind: I've only got a Weber 22 1/2" kettle.

I took my kettle camping over the 4th as it was either that and my
tent and ice chest or just the regular S&P-Pro by itself and did 2
rackson Saturday night. Went pretty well.

Did up most (about 2 inches form the top) of a large Webber chimney of
Kingsford (yeah, I know, but the snap and crackle of regular lump is a
little intimidating when off a concrete pad), set up indrect and put a
layer of foil on the grate and cooked. Since it was rough and ready I
used a simple marinade of EVOO, garlic and Soy Sauce. After a half
hour cooking (I dropped my thermometer in for snicks and it was
cooking at around 350) I started basting every 15 mins. Didn't flip,
though I did lift the ribs every now and then to keep the tips from
burning & the baste from carmelizing. Cooked done at an hour and a
half. Juicy & tender with about .5 inch of rib showing.

Clay

--
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking,
bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right
Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 02:51:21 GMT, Douglas Barber
> wrote:

>mtbchip wrote:
>> in article m, Bill Blum at
>> wrote on 7/5/04 3:45 PM:
>>

>>>Hi there-
>>>
>>>After my first attempt at ribs (which we won't discuss, I overcooked
>>>them somewhat fierce), I'm looking for advice...
>>>
>>>Any suggestions/recipes for baby back ribs would be welcomed, keeping in
>>>mind: I've only got a Weber 22 1/2" kettle.

>> This is what I do:
>>
>> 1)Strip membrane from ribs
>> 2) Place into and soak in a large pot of your favorite soda pop (mine is
>> Cactus Cooler) overnight.
>> 3) Smear liberally with your favorite rub ( I love DRY jerk spice)
>> 4)Place in Weber over a large drip pan, coals to the side and bake for 2
>> hours. The bottom vent open full, top vents half open. If your kettle has
>> a thermometer, the interior temp should be 275°. Use wood chips on the hot
>> coals to add smoke flavor (my favorites are pecan, peach and alder)
>> 5) Remove from Weber and cut into individual ribs. Place the ribs into a
>> deep dish cooking pan and pour your favorite BBQ sauce over (a little or a
>> lot, depending on how you like it). Foil over the top of the pan and place
>> into the oven at 275° for one hour.
>>
>> ..........fall off the bone beauties..................
>>

>Looks like an excellent plan for baby backs/loin backs.

If what you're after are steamed, overdone ribs. Why take them from a
275° kettle to a 275° oven, rather than finish them on the kettle? Why
steam them inside foil?

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
mtbchip

in article , Kevin S. Wilson at

wrote on 7/5/04 3:45 PM:

>>> This is what I do:
>>>
>>> 1)Strip membrane from ribs
>>> 2) Place into and soak in a large pot of your favorite soda pop (mine is
>>> Cactus Cooler) overnight.
>>> 3) Smear liberally with your favorite rub ( I love DRY jerk spice)
>>> 4)Place in Weber over a large drip pan, coals to the side and bake for 2
>>> hours. The bottom vent open full, top vents half open. If your kettle has
>>> a thermometer, the interior temp should be 275°. Use wood chips on the hot
>>> coals to add smoke flavor (my favorites are pecan, peach and alder)
>>> 5) Remove from Weber and cut into individual ribs. Place the ribs into a
>>> deep dish cooking pan and pour your favorite BBQ sauce over (a little or a
>>> lot, depending on how you like it). Foil over the top of the pan and place
>>> into the oven at 275° for one hour.
>>>
>>> ..........fall off the bone beauties..................
>>>

>> Looks like an excellent plan for baby backs/loin backs.

> If what you're after are steamed, overdone ribs. Why take them from a
> 275° kettle to a 275° oven, rather than finish them on the kettle? Why
> steam them inside foil?

This helps the sauce permeate the meat, as well as soften up the meat after
it's 2 hours of smoking at 275°. The ribs are quite good right from the
kettle, the last step I should have mentioned is optional if you want extra
drippy fall off the bone ribs. Everyone has their own "finishing
technique".

Chip

Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 14:05:25 -0700, mtbchip > wrote:

> The ribs are quite good right from the
>kettle, the last step I should have mentioned is optional if you want extra
>drippy fall off the bone ribs.

My point was that I don't want "fall off the bone" ribs. When they
reach that stage, they're either steamed or overcooked. I prefer them
to come off the bone with a bit of a tug, with some resistance.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology

Dave Bugg

mtbchip wrote:

> This helps the sauce permeate the meat, as well as soften up the meat
> after it's 2 hours of smoking at 275°.

But, why would you want sauce to "permeate the meat" and "soften up the
meat" by steaming? IMO, the meat MUST stand on its own merits.

> The ribs are quite good right
> from the kettle, the last step I should have mentioned is optional if
> you want extra drippy fall off the bone ribs.

But, but..."falling off the bone" is a sure sign of either steaming or being
cooked to the point of being overdone.

> Everyone has their
> own "finishing technique".

I suppose.

M&M

On 6-Jul-2004, mtbchip > wrote:

> in article , Dave Bugg at
> deebuggatcharterdotnet wrote on 7/6/04 3:39 PM:
>
> > mtbchip wrote:
> >
> >> This helps the sauce permeate the meat, as well as soften up the meat
> >> after it's 2 hours of smoking at 275°.

> > But, why would you want sauce to "permeate the meat" and "soften up the
> > meat" by steaming? IMO, the meat MUST stand on its own merits.
> >
> >> The ribs are quite good right
> >> from the kettle, the last step I should have mentioned is optional if
> >> you want extra drippy fall off the bone ribs.

> > But, but..."falling off the bone" is a sure sign of either steaming or
> > being
> > cooked to the point of being overdone.
> >
> >> Everyone has their
> >> own "finishing technique".

> > I suppose.

> O.K., so today, tempted by the writing, I am smoking 3 racks of BB ribs.
> found some great rub in a small round tin at the local gourmet market
> called
> "Rasta Rub".
>
> Today I will not re-bake, but instead serve right from the kettle, 3 hours
> at slightly under 300°. I know what you mean about over cooked and fall
> off the bone is just about that. AND, we do have teeth here, so a lil
> tugging isn't so bad after all!
>
> Smoked them with peach wood trimmed from my tree last year.
>
> Looking real yummy!! Served with a crunchy mixed green salad and baked
> beans!
>
> Mtbchip

There's only three rules to BBQ; Learn the basics, fire control and when
it's
done, fire control and when it and, fire contol and when it's done. All that
BS
about wood and spices, rubs and mops comes after you learn how to cook
a piece of meat. Some of you guys remind me of a bowler who spent
$1,000 on equipment and he's still bowling 142.
---
M&M ("When You're Over The Hill You Pick Up Speed")

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

> If what you're after are steamed, overdone ribs. Why take them from a
> 275° kettle to a 275° oven, rather than finish them on the kettle? Why
> steam them inside foil?

There are a number of reasons I can think of:

- No front teeth.

- Diner is being held hostage and hands are duct-taped behind his back.

- As a result of Fourth of July fireworks accident, fingers are still
bandaged.

Louis Cohen wrote:

> Set it up for indirect heat - coals on each side with some chips or chunks,

Never liked the design of the Weber Kettle (I jumped from a Meco-type
square grill to a Kamado, after considering a WSM), mostly because it
seemed that "indirect" was going to be difficult with the round,
smaller-than-the-grill charcoal area- seemed that it would need constant
re-filling and re-stacking as the fire burned.

Picked up a catalog for Weber the other day in a home improvement store
and was surprised to see these assessories, which I've never seen on a
store shelf or mentioned he

http://www.grovelands.com/acatalog/W...cessories.html

(Third item down- sorry it's a UK site, but that was the best photo I
could find in a quick search).

Seems like a wire basket of similar design could be made at home, as
well. Sorry if this is common knowledge...

Louis Cohen wrote:

> Set it up for indirect heat - coals on each side with some chips or chunks,

Never liked the design of the Weber Kettle (I jumped from a Meco-type
square grill to a Kamado, after considering a WSM), mostly because it
seemed that "indirect" was going to be difficult with the round,
smaller-than-the-grill charcoal area- seemed that it would need constant
re-filling and re-stacking as the fire burned.

Picked up a catalog for Weber the other day in a home improvement store
and was surprised to see these assessories, which I've never seen on a
store shelf or mentioned he

http://www.grovelands.com/acatalog/W...cessories.html

(Third item down- sorry it's a UK site, but that was the best photo I
could find in a quick search).

Seems like a wire basket of similar design could be made at home, as
well. Sorry if this is common knowledge...

Bill Blum

M&M wrote:
> There's only three rules to BBQ; Learn the basics, fire control and when
> it's
> done, fire control and when it and, fire contol and when it's done. All that
> BS
> about wood and spices, rubs and mops comes after you learn how to cook
> a piece of meat. Some of you guys remind me of a bowler who spent
> $1,000 on equipment and he's still bowling 142.
> ---
> M&M ("When You're Over The Hill You Pick Up Speed")

Well, that's why I asked a question here...

I'm quite comfortable with grilling many foods... (and I know full well
the difference between grilling and BBQ, thank you very much!)

My first two attempts at BBQ have met with less than optimal results,
but considering that I only have a Weber Kettle at this point, I thought
it was a good idea to ask for advice on how to approach ribs on a Weber
Kettle.

( Yes, I'd like to get a WSM eventually. Not likely to happen anytime
soon, but who knows? ).

Anyways, the two recipes I had gone from initially listed higher
temperatures than I've found since then....

I'll try again this weekend.

-bill
Bill Blum

Dave Bugg wrote:
> mtbchip wrote:
>>This helps the sauce permeate the meat, as well as soften up the meat
>>after it's 2 hours of smoking at 275=B0.

>=20
> But, why would you want sauce to "permeate the meat" and "soften up the=

> meat" by steaming? IMO, the meat MUST stand on its own merits.

There's a fine line between having the meat permeated with sauce, and=20
just putting a straw into the container of sauce. I'm a big fan of=20
moderation when it comes to sauces, myself.

Problem is, you have to pick the right sauce for the job... (and the=20
diner in question).

>>The ribs are quite good right
>>from the kettle, the last step I should have mentioned is optional if
>>you want extra drippy fall off the bone ribs.

>=20
> But, but..."falling off the bone" is a sure sign of either steaming or =

being
> cooked to the point of being overdone.

I'm a big fan of meat that's got some tooth left, personally... but the =

targeted diner in question (my wife) has become obsessed with the ribs=20
available at a local restaurant chain.

I've had one order of their ribs: each time I went to pick up a rib,=20
the meat fell clear of the bone right there. Decent taste, the sauce=20
wasn't too bad, but the meat literally falls off the bone.

Basically, I'm going to have to try and duplicate that initially, and=20
then wean her back to the land of ribs where meat stays on the bone till =

you eat it.

-bill
Leonardo

M&M wrote:

> Learn the basics, fire control and when
> it's
> done,

You got that right.

Hi All,

Another newbie delurking. Great group! Great info!

I've been a weber kettle guy for many years.

What works best for me is the 2 kettle system. I have one regular on
legs, and an old dent and chip one that is set in the ground on a
patio.......it is also used as a fire pit.

If I want to 'grill' steaks, chops or chicken pieces, I load the in
ground weber with a big pile of kindling sized red oak and let it burn
on until there is no flame, then put on the grate and the meat. The heat
is incredibly intense and it does a terrific job of searing. Super juicy
fully cooked chicken in 20-25 minutes. There is little air getting in
to the kettle and it is well insulated by being in the ground. No flair
up, and with a some attention, no charring.

For bbqing a turkey, roast, etc I of course use the indirect method and
rotate the meat between both kettles.... the dreaded Kingsford in the
free standing, and oak coals in the in ground. IMHO, this is far simpler
than trying to maintain temp in just one unit. I'm sure you get the
basic picture of my method. I also installed a 3/4" diameter iron air
intake pipe running through the base of the inground kettle that I
unblock when I bbq.

Anyway, that's my story.

Lenny

Dave Bugg

mtbchip wrote:

> Mtbchip .............. Oh, the ribs came out GREAT last night, a
> total of 3 hours at 275° with dry rub. Yummy!

Awright, good job. Sauce can always be on the side if ya need it :-)
Dave

Dave Bugg

mtbchip wrote:

> Mtbchip .............. Oh, the ribs came out GREAT last night, a
> total of 3 hours at 275° with dry rub. Yummy!

Awright, good job. Sauce can always be on the side if ya need it :-)
Dave

Tyler Hopper

"M&M" > wrote in message

> There's only three rules to BBQ; Learn the basics, fire control and when
> it's
> done, fire control and when it and, fire contol and when it's done. All that
> BS
> about wood and spices, rubs and mops comes after you learn how to cook
> a piece of meat. Some of you guys remind me of a bowler who spent
> $1,000 on equipment and he's still bowling 142.
> ---
> M&M ("When You're Over The Hill You Pick Up Speed")

A little testy today Candy Man? ;-)

I do agree with your statements. Once fire control is mastered the rest comes
relatively easy.

_________
ht_redneck

Tyler Hopper

"M&M" > wrote in message

> There's only three rules to BBQ; Learn the basics, fire control and when
> it's
> done, fire control and when it and, fire contol and when it's done. All that
> BS
> about wood and spices, rubs and mops comes after you learn how to cook
> a piece of meat. Some of you guys remind me of a bowler who spent
> $1,000 on equipment and he's still bowling 142.
> ---
> M&M ("When You're Over The Hill You Pick Up Speed")

A little testy today Candy Man? ;-)

I do agree with your statements. Once fire control is mastered the rest comes
relatively easy.

_________
ht_redneck

Tyler Hopper

"Bill Blum" > wrote in message
gy.com...

>I'm a big fan of meat that's got some tooth left, personally... but the
>targeted diner in question (my wife) has become obsessed with the ribs
>available at a local restaurant chain.
>
>I've had one order of their ribs: each time I went to pick up a rib,
>the meat fell clear of the bone right there. Decent taste, the sauce
>wasn't too bad, but the meat literally falls off the bone.

>Basically, I'm going to have to try and duplicate that initially, and
>then wean her back to the land of ribs where meat stays on the bone till
>you eat it.
>
>-bill

There is hope Bill. Though SWMBO won't eat Q in a restaurant, she did like ribs
to fall off the bone.

Under the guise of experimentation I started doing larger quantities with
different exotic rubs, cooking times, methods, etc.

The bottom line is I gradually worked her into realizing the best ribs were
rubbed with salt, pepper, & garlic and cooked just until they cracked when
folded. Still have some tooth.

I make a great sauce but she doesn't even use it on ribs anymore.

_________
ht_redneck

Tyler Hopper

"Bill Blum" > wrote in message
gy.com...

>I'm a big fan of meat that's got some tooth left, personally... but the
>targeted diner in question (my wife) has become obsessed with the ribs
>available at a local restaurant chain.
>
>I've had one order of their ribs: each time I went to pick up a rib,
>the meat fell clear of the bone right there. Decent taste, the sauce
>wasn't too bad, but the meat literally falls off the bone.

>Basically, I'm going to have to try and duplicate that initially, and
>then wean her back to the land of ribs where meat stays on the bone till
>you eat it.
>
>-bill

There is hope Bill. Though SWMBO won't eat Q in a restaurant, she did like ribs
to fall off the bone.

Under the guise of experimentation I started doing larger quantities with
different exotic rubs, cooking times, methods, etc.

The bottom line is I gradually worked her into realizing the best ribs were
rubbed with salt, pepper, & garlic and cooked just until they cracked when
folded. Still have some tooth.

I make a great sauce but she doesn't even use it on ribs anymore.

_________
ht_redneck

Tyler Hopper

> wrote in message
et...
> Louis Cohen wrote:
>
> > Set it up for indirect heat - coals on each side with some chips or chunks,

> Never liked the design of the Weber Kettle (I jumped from a Meco-type
> square grill to a Kamado, after considering a WSM), mostly because it
> seemed that "indirect" was going to be difficult with the round,
> smaller-than-the-grill charcoal area- seemed that it would need constant
> re-filling and re-stacking as the fire burned.
>
> Picked up a catalog for Weber the other day in a home improvement store
> and was surprised to see these assessories, which I've never seen on a
> store shelf or mentioned he
>
> http://www.grovelands.com/acatalog/W...cessories.html
>
> (Third item down- sorry it's a UK site, but that was the best photo I
> could find in a quick search).
>
> Seems like a wire basket of similar design could be made at home, as
> well. Sorry if this is common knowledge...

I've mentioned these before. They are excellent in their simplicity. I bought
them when I used a WSM. They allow you to contain the charcoal and maintain a
very small but hot fire.

_________
ht_redneck

Tyler Hopper

> wrote in message
et...
> Louis Cohen wrote:
>
> > Set it up for indirect heat - coals on each side with some chips or chunks,

> Never liked the design of the Weber Kettle (I jumped from a Meco-type
> square grill to a Kamado, after considering a WSM), mostly because it
> seemed that "indirect" was going to be difficult with the round,
> smaller-than-the-grill charcoal area- seemed that it would need constant
> re-filling and re-stacking as the fire burned.
>
> Picked up a catalog for Weber the other day in a home improvement store
> and was surprised to see these assessories, which I've never seen on a
> store shelf or mentioned he
>
> http://www.grovelands.com/acatalog/W...cessories.html
>
> (Third item down- sorry it's a UK site, but that was the best photo I
> could find in a quick search).
>
> Seems like a wire basket of similar design could be made at home, as
> well. Sorry if this is common knowledge...

I've mentioned these before. They are excellent in their simplicity. I bought
them when I used a WSM. They allow you to contain the charcoal and maintain a
very small but hot fire.

_________
ht_redneck

Jack Sloan

"Tyler Hopper" > wrote in message

> "Bill Blum" > wrote in message
> gy.com...
>
> >I'm a big fan of meat that's got some tooth left, personally... but the
> >targeted diner in question (my wife) has become obsessed with the ribs
> >available at a local restaurant chain.
> >
> >I've had one order of their ribs: each time I went to pick up a rib,
> >the meat fell clear of the bone right there. Decent taste, the sauce
> >wasn't too bad, but the meat literally falls off the bone.

> >Basically, I'm going to have to try and duplicate that initially, and
> >then wean her back to the land of ribs where meat stays on the bone till
> >you eat it.
> >
> >-bill

> There is hope Bill. Though SWMBO won't eat Q in a restaurant, she did like

ribs
> to fall off the bone.
>
> Under the guise of experimentation I started doing larger quantities with
> different exotic rubs, cooking times, methods, etc.
>
> The bottom line is I gradually worked her into realizing the best ribs

were
> rubbed with salt, pepper, & garlic and cooked just until they cracked when
> folded. Still have some tooth.
>
> I make a great sauce but she doesn't even use it on ribs anymore.
>
> _________
> ht_redneck

I haven't ever used that "doneness" method.
As soon as the bones are stickin' out about a half inch and the ends are
almost burned looking.
I pull 'em out and wrap 'em up in saran and cover 'em with a blanket(folded
over a bunch).Keeps 'em warmer than an igloo.that's a cooler for you of the
northern pesuasion.
Also don't use sauce, but keep some handy for any guest who just gotta have
it.
Jack

Jack Sloan

"Tyler Hopper" > wrote in message

> "Bill Blum" > wrote in message
> gy.com...
>
> >I'm a big fan of meat that's got some tooth left, personally... but the
> >targeted diner in question (my wife) has become obsessed with the ribs
> >available at a local restaurant chain.
> >
> >I've had one order of their ribs: each time I went to pick up a rib,
> >the meat fell clear of the bone right there. Decent taste, the sauce
> >wasn't too bad, but the meat literally falls off the bone.

> >Basically, I'm going to have to try and duplicate that initially, and
> >then wean her back to the land of ribs where meat stays on the bone till
> >you eat it.
> >
> >-bill

> There is hope Bill. Though SWMBO won't eat Q in a restaurant, she did like

ribs
> to fall off the bone.
>
> Under the guise of experimentation I started doing larger quantities with
> different exotic rubs, cooking times, methods, etc.
>
> The bottom line is I gradually worked her into realizing the best ribs

were
> rubbed with salt, pepper, & garlic and cooked just until they cracked when
> folded. Still have some tooth.
>
> I make a great sauce but she doesn't even use it on ribs anymore.
>
> _________
> ht_redneck

I haven't ever used that "doneness" method.
As soon as the bones are stickin' out about a half inch and the ends are
almost burned looking.
I pull 'em out and wrap 'em up in saran and cover 'em with a blanket(folded
over a bunch).Keeps 'em warmer than an igloo.that's a cooler for you of the
northern pesuasion.
Also don't use sauce, but keep some handy for any guest who just gotta have
it.
Jack

M&M

On 8-Jul-2004, "Tyler Hopper" > wrote:

> "M&M" > wrote in message
> >
> > There's only three rules to BBQ; Learn the basics, fire control and when
> > it's
> > done, fire control and when it and, fire contol and when it's done. All
> > that
> > BS
> > about wood and spices, rubs and mops comes after you learn how to cook
> > a piece of meat. Some of you guys remind me of a bowler who spent
> > $1,000 on equipment and he's still bowling 142.
> > ---
> > M&M ("When You're Over The Hill You Pick Up Speed")

> A little testy today Candy Man? ;-)
>
> I do agree with your statements. Once fire control is mastered the rest
> comes
> relatively easy.
>
> _________
> ht_redneck

Hey there Tyler. Prolly a little testy. Been there and done that. I
usually waste a lot of time up front experimenting with everything
before I get real and settle down to learning the basics. I'm just
joining in with Big Jim, Dave Bugg and some others to drive home
basic's first. Save somebody a lot of heartache. Great 'Q' ain't in
the rub or the sauce. It's in the texture and taste of the plated
product. Don't make no never mind how you got there. And
texture without taste pretty much leaves out boiled ribs. (Putting
on my Kevlar vest).

--
M&M ("When You're Over The Hill You Pick Up Speed")
M&M