Tyler Hopper

Default Ground Brisket

"Monroe, of course..." > wrote in message
> In article >, "Jack Curry"
> <Jack-Curry deletethis @cfl.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > Steve Wertz wrote:
> > > On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 23:52:01 GMT, "PQ"

> > > You're bluffing :-) If you *had* been lurking, then you'd know
> > > this is already a hostile group.
> > >
> > > -sw

> > Just what the **** do you mean by that, you asshole.
> >
> > Jack Curry
> > -keeping the hostility level appropriately high-

> Hey both of you shut the **** up or I'll come and kick both your asses
> at the same time!
>
> monroe(off my meds)

Well, me too. Well not exactly..................

Celexa, alprazolam, and atenolol nightly keeps me on a, more or less, even keel
each night.

_________
ht_redneck

Tyler Hopper

"Monroe, of course..." > wrote in message
> In article >, "Jack Curry"
> <Jack-Curry deletethis @cfl.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > Steve Wertz wrote:
> > > On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 23:52:01 GMT, "PQ"

> > > You're bluffing :-) If you *had* been lurking, then you'd know
> > > this is already a hostile group.
> > >
> > > -sw

> > Just what the **** do you mean by that, you asshole.
> >
> > Jack Curry
> > -keeping the hostility level appropriately high-

> Hey both of you shut the **** up or I'll come and kick both your asses
> at the same time!
>
> monroe(off my meds)

Well, me too. Well not exactly..................

Celexa, alprazolam, and atenolol nightly keeps me on a, more or less, even keel
each night.

_________
ht_redneck

Tyler Hopper

"PQ" > wrote in message
t...
> I don't bottom post.. You seem to have some preconceived notion that top
> posting is bad. Sorry to hear that. I suppose we both had some
> pre-conceived notions.
>
> Paul.

Paul, please bottom post. It's better here. K?

Tyler

Tyler Hopper

"PQ" > wrote in message
t...
> I don't bottom post.. You seem to have some preconceived notion that top
> posting is bad. Sorry to hear that. I suppose we both had some
> pre-conceived notions.
>
> Paul.

Paul, please bottom post. It's better here. K?

Tyler

K. Reece

"PQ" > wrote in message
t...

> II suppose that since I have a threaded newsreader, the posting order is

of
> no matter to me.. If it is truly the preference of the group I will do

this
> for those that don't like threaded newsreaders.
>
> I have been using the Usenet for over 10 years because I am a software
> engineer and have never had anyone make such a stink about posting order.
> Rather it is usually more about including too much of the previous

message.
> However, I think that since I want to play nice, and you have a

preference,
> I will adjust.
>
> Have a nice day.
>
> Paul

I see you've changed your mind about bottom posting. There are other groups
where the preference is top posting. When in Rome and all that.

Kathy

BOB

PQ wrote:
> I don't bottom post.. You seem to have some preconceived notion that top
> posting is bad. Sorry to hear that. I suppose we both had some
> pre-conceived notions.
>
> Paul.

Well, if that's you attitude (come to a new newsgroup and tell everyone how
*YOU* want the group to run), into the BOZO bin with you. Ass Hole.

BOB

BOB

PQ wrote:
> I don't bottom post.. You seem to have some preconceived notion that top
> posting is bad. Sorry to hear that. I suppose we both had some
> pre-conceived notions.
>
> Paul.

Well, if that's you attitude (come to a new newsgroup and tell everyone how
*YOU* want the group to run), into the BOZO bin with you. Ass Hole.

BOB

M&M

On 9-Jul-2004, "K. Reece" > wrote:

> "PQ" > wrote in message
> t...
> > Basically.. I am saying that I had "until now" thought that this was a
> > politically free group. I wanted to participate, but if there is going
> > be a submersive attemp by a few to create a hostile environment, I would
> > rather just go elsewhere.
> >
> > You responded, so I have to ask why you care.
> >
> > would this group be better off if new people never started
> > participating?
> >
> > Paul

> ~~~~~~~snipped all of it because it was too much work to rearrange to make
> sense~~~
>
> If you expect any group on usenet to conform to some preconceived notion
> then you're going to be severely disappointed.
>
> If you want to participate, participate. Threatening to leave if the
> group
> doesn't conform to your expectations is pointless. They'll just laugh at
> you and go right on exactly the same way they always have gone on.
>
> I also recommend you learn to bottom post.
>
> Kathy

God, I hate top posters. I read hundreds of posts and when I trip
across a top post there's usually no way I can put it in context
without scrolling down and then back to the top to figure out what
the hell they're talking about. I probably **** some people off by
snippig to much, but believe me I (Really) try to post comprehensible
comments.
--
M&M ("When You're Over The Hill You Pick Up Speed")
M&M

Default Footnotes (was Ground Brisket)

On 9-Jul-2004, Dana Myers > wrote:

> Dave Bugg wrote:
>

> > Top posting IS bad, unless you enjoy reading books from back to front,
> > or
> > are used to responding prior to a question or statement being made.

> Well, the one example I can think of in books and formal
> papers similar to top-posting is to make statements
> supported by footnotes. It certainly is possible that
> one might write a post that consists of body supported by
> what effectively footnotes included from previous post(s).
>
> I haven't seen too many examples of this style, though,
> and my guess is that this is because most Usenet posts are
> much more akin to letters, which rarely take this form.
>
> Cheers,
> Dana

Good try Dana, but you're assuming that your recipient has
some awareness of the world around him/her. I personally
read hundreds of posts and my memory was one of the first
things to go. Top posts are extremely irritating to me. Some
folks just don't give a shit. On top of that they're too stupid
to set their mail client to put the cursor at the bottom. Cheers,
and keep posting. Your comments are a breath of fresh air.
--
M&M ("When You're Over The Hill You Pick Up Speed,
but the worn out brakes are a bitch.")
M&M

On 9-Jul-2004, Dana Myers > wrote:

> Dave Bugg wrote:
>

> > Top posting IS bad, unless you enjoy reading books from back to front,
> > or
> > are used to responding prior to a question or statement being made.

> Well, the one example I can think of in books and formal
> papers similar to top-posting is to make statements
> supported by footnotes. It certainly is possible that
> one might write a post that consists of body supported by
> what effectively footnotes included from previous post(s).
>
> I haven't seen too many examples of this style, though,
> and my guess is that this is because most Usenet posts are
> much more akin to letters, which rarely take this form.
>
> Cheers,
> Dana

Good try Dana, but you're assuming that your recipient has
some awareness of the world around him/her. I personally
read hundreds of posts and my memory was one of the first
things to go. Top posts are extremely irritating to me. Some
folks just don't give a shit. On top of that they're too stupid
to set their mail client to put the cursor at the bottom. Cheers,
and keep posting. Your comments are a breath of fresh air.
--
M&M ("When You're Over The Hill You Pick Up Speed,
but the worn out brakes are a bitch.")

Jack Curry

"Monroe, of course..." > wrote in message
> In article >, "Jack Curry"
> <Jack-Curry deletethis @cfl.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > Steve Wertz wrote:
> > > On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 23:52:01 GMT, "PQ"

> > > You're bluffing :-) If you *had* been lurking, then you'd know
> > > this is already a hostile group.
> > >
> > > -sw

> > Just what the **** do you mean by that, you asshole.
> >
> > Jack Curry
> > -keeping the hostility level appropriately high-

> Hey both of you shut the **** up or I'll come and kick both your asses
> at the same time!
>
> monroe(off my meds)

Excellent hostility monroe, keep up the good work and remember to come
armed, I quit fist fighting years ago.

Jack Curry
-whose side has to get the PQ guy?-

Jack Curry

"Monroe, of course..." > wrote in message
> In article >, "Jack Curry"
> <Jack-Curry deletethis @cfl.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > Steve Wertz wrote:
> > > On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 23:52:01 GMT, "PQ"

> > > You're bluffing :-) If you *had* been lurking, then you'd know
> > > this is already a hostile group.
> > >
> > > -sw

> > Just what the **** do you mean by that, you asshole.
> >
> > Jack Curry
> > -keeping the hostility level appropriately high-

> Hey both of you shut the **** up or I'll come and kick both your asses
> at the same time!
>
> monroe(off my meds)

Excellent hostility monroe, keep up the good work and remember to come
armed, I quit fist fighting years ago.

Jack Curry
-whose side has to get the PQ guy?-

Jack Curry

"PQ" > wrote in message
t...

> > Top posting IS bad, unless you enjoy reading books from back to front,

or
> > are used to responding prior to a question or statement being made.

> II suppose that since I have a threaded newsreader, the posting order is

of
> no matter to me.. If it is truly the preference of the group I will do

this
> for those that don't like threaded newsreaders.
>
> I have been using the Usenet for over 10 years because I am a software
> engineer and have never had anyone make such a stink about posting order.
> Rather it is usually more about including too much of the previous

message.
> However, I think that since I want to play nice, and you have a

preference,
> I will adjust.
>
> Have a nice day.
>
> Paul

Wayta go, Paul. It's always nice to see someone be smart and reasonable.
This group obviously prefers bottom posting and since you're willing to play
by the rules, I think most everyone will be pleasant and helpful. It's the
noobs who come in here and tell the group that they're gonna do it however
they want that run in to trouble.

BOB, unplonk this reasonable fellow, whydontcha?

Jack Curry

Jack Curry

"PQ" > wrote in message
t...

> > Top posting IS bad, unless you enjoy reading books from back to front,

or
> > are used to responding prior to a question or statement being made.

> II suppose that since I have a threaded newsreader, the posting order is

of
> no matter to me.. If it is truly the preference of the group I will do

this
> for those that don't like threaded newsreaders.
>
> I have been using the Usenet for over 10 years because I am a software
> engineer and have never had anyone make such a stink about posting order.
> Rather it is usually more about including too much of the previous

message.
> However, I think that since I want to play nice, and you have a

preference,
> I will adjust.
>
> Have a nice day.
>
> Paul

Wayta go, Paul. It's always nice to see someone be smart and reasonable.
This group obviously prefers bottom posting and since you're willing to play
by the rules, I think most everyone will be pleasant and helpful. It's the
noobs who come in here and tell the group that they're gonna do it however
they want that run in to trouble.

BOB, unplonk this reasonable fellow, whydontcha?

Jack Curry

Dave Bugg

M&M wrote:

> Cheers,
> and keep posting. Your comments are a breath of fresh air.

I second that.

Bill

In article > ,
says...
> I don't bottom post..

<snip>

Bye bye. Plink.

Bill

Bill

In article > ,
says...
> I don't bottom post..

<snip>

Bye bye. Plink.

Bill

Tyler Hopper

"Click" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 19:48:23 -0500, Steve Wertz
> > wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 23:52:01 GMT, "PQ"
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Basically.. I am saying that I had "until now" thought that this was a
> >>politically free group. I wanted to participate, but if there is going to
> >>be a submersive attemp by a few to create a hostile environment, I would
> >>rather just go elsewhere.

> >You're bluffing :-) If you *had* been lurking, then you'd know
> >this is already a hostile group.
> >
> >-sw

> Yeah... buncha kamado nazis. Heh.
> Nothing more stupid than a bunch of kamado nazis.
>
> Geeeez. Who would pay that much for something like that?!!

People who wanted the best, were willing to pay the price, and could afford it?

_________
ht_redneck

PQ

> BOB, unplonk this reasonable fellow, whydontcha?
>
> Jack Curry

After his personal attack and use of horrible language, (if this is the same
Bob that called me that), I doubt he has the kindness to do what you ask.

I certainly hope he doesn't represent the tone here. I certainly didn't
intend to mandate how the group was to be run.

Paul

BOB

HUH? I never said I'd plonked it. I think I said something like:
"Well, if that's you attitude (come to a new newsgroup and tell everyone how
*YOU* want the group to run), into the BOZO bin with you. Ass Hole."

That was in response to his:
"I don't bottom post.. You seem to have some preconceived notion that top
posting is bad. Sorry to hear that. I suppose we both had some
pre-conceived notions."
for his (about) third post to this group. Oh, and under at least two different
identities:
"before anyone has a cow <giggle>, I have already changed my name from
Adelphia to PQ. Dunno how it got set that way in the first place."

Doesn't know how it changed, my ass.

I don't remember anything that this particular dip has had to say that is of any
merit, at all. Just complaints about the group and the participants. But I
*will* keep watching.

BOB

Jack Curry

PQ wrote:
>> BOB, unplonk this reasonable fellow, whydontcha?
>>
>> Jack Curry

> After his personal attack and use of horrible language, (if this is
> the same Bob that called me that), I doubt he has the kindness to do
> what you ask.

Nope, not good, Paul. Not good. We were lookin' for "Bygones," not
criticism.

> I certainly hope he doesn't represent the tone here. I certainly
> didn't intend to mandate how the group was to be run.
>
> Paul

If you can't handle a little "language," you're not gonna like this group
much anyhow. The tone here varies from really pleasant and helpful to about
as tough as it gets. Thin skinned people don't last.

Jack Curry

BOB

PQ wrote:
>> BOB, unplonk this reasonable fellow, whydontcha?
>>
>> Jack Curry

> After his personal attack and use of horrible language, (if this is the same
> Bob that called me that), I doubt he has the kindness to do what you ask.
>
> I certainly hope he doesn't represent the tone here. I certainly didn't
> intend to mandate how the group was to be run.
>
> Paul

Like I said in my response to Jack Curry...

Horrible language? HaHaHaHa. This is usenet. Calling you an ass hole is
relatively tame.

BOB
it's *STILL* saying how we should act in a newsgroup where *it* has been only
for less than a (half?) dozen posts

Duwop

PQ wrote:

> I certainly hope he doesn't represent the tone here.

Yes he does, pefectly, in fact when we need representation to r.f.c. we
usually pick on him to do the honors. And ****in-a he does a good job. If
you stick around long enough we might let you represent us to the newsgroup
alt.fan.pjr.has.asparagus.tits or even more exciting,
alt.fan.scarecrow.boo.hoo.hoo.used.tissue.

> I certainly
> didn't intend to mandate how the group was to be run.

You sure did a good imitation then.

PQ

> BOB
> it's *STILL* saying how we should act in a newsgroup where *it* has been

only
> for less than a (half?) dozen posts

Then we're good, right?

Paul

PQ

> BOB
> it's *STILL* saying how we should act in a newsgroup where *it* has been

only
> for less than a (half?) dozen posts

Then we're good, right?

Paul

PQ

> HUH? I never said I'd plonked it. I think I said something like:
> "Well, if that's you attitude (come to a new newsgroup and tell everyone

how
> *YOU* want the group to run), into the BOZO bin with you. Ass Hole."

BOB (Why all the caps?) is right. He never plonked. And I am a magician by
trade now (when not programming), BOZO's make balloon animals.

Can't we all get along?

Paul

PQ

> HUH? I never said I'd plonked it. I think I said something like:
> "Well, if that's you attitude (come to a new newsgroup and tell everyone

how
> *YOU* want the group to run), into the BOZO bin with you. Ass Hole."

BOB (Why all the caps?) is right. He never plonked. And I am a magician by
trade now (when not programming), BOZO's make balloon animals.

Can't we all get along?

Paul

K. Reece

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> There's probably groups that don't _mind_ top-posting (maybe the
> needlepoint groups?, eg), but I don't think they insist you
> top-post as much as other groups insist on bottom posting - do
> they?
>
> If so, I gotta go over there and stir up some shit :-)
>
> Bottom and interleaved-posting is by far the best etiquette.
>
> -sw (bored at the moment)

Actually it's the quilting group that prefers top posting. They won't
object if you bottom post but the majority of them top post. There are
several of them that won't read posts that are bottom posted. I imagine the
needlework group mostly top posts too.

You can go over there and try and stir up some shit, but don't forget they
have sharp pointy things. LOL

Personally I prefer bottom posting simply because it makes more sense.

Kathy

BOB

Duwop wrote:
> PQ wrote:
>>
>> I certainly hope he doesn't represent the tone here.

> Yes he does, pefectly, in fact when we need representation to r.f.c. we
> usually pick on him to do the honors. And ****in-a he does a good job. If
> you stick around long enough we might let you represent us to the newsgroup
> alt.fan.pjr.has.asparagus.tits or even more exciting,
> alt.fan.scarecrow.boo.hoo.hoo.used.tissue.
>

>> I certainly
>> didn't intend to mandate how the group was to be run.

> You sure did a good imitation then.
>

> --

ROTFL MAO, almost PIMP

BOB

BOB

Duwop wrote:
> PQ wrote:
>>
>> I certainly hope he doesn't represent the tone here.

> Yes he does, pefectly, in fact when we need representation to r.f.c. we
> usually pick on him to do the honors. And ****in-a he does a good job. If
> you stick around long enough we might let you represent us to the newsgroup
> alt.fan.pjr.has.asparagus.tits or even more exciting,
> alt.fan.scarecrow.boo.hoo.hoo.used.tissue.
>

>> I certainly
>> didn't intend to mandate how the group was to be run.

> You sure did a good imitation then.
>

> --

ROTFL MAO, almost PIMP

BOB

Harry Demidavicius

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 22:54:11 GMT, "Adelphia"
> wrote:

>I have been lurking in this newsgroup recently and have quite a bit to add.
>
>However, your post is out of context and has bad taste.
>
>I have to chime in here and say that if you can't keep politics out of this
>group, then I am out of here since I am here to learn about BBQ.
>
>Paul

WTF have you got to add? You lurk and contribute Bupkes? And then you
bitch when someone says something annoys you? Please give me your
address so that I go there and **** on your living room rug.
What a jerk.

Harry
>"Louis Cohen" > spewed the vile venom
>> How lucky you are in Texas - you have cheap brisket and you got rid of

>Shrub
>> for 4 years, dumping him on the rest of us.

Dana Myers

Click_post_375 wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 05:14:13 GMT, Harry Demidavicius
> > wrote:

>>Please give me your
>>address so that I go there and **** on your living room rug.

> This aggression will not stand, Maaaaan...

The rug just really tied the room together...

Dana Myers

Click_post_375 wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 05:14:13 GMT, Harry Demidavicius
> > wrote:

>>Please give me your
>>address so that I go there and **** on your living room rug.

> This aggression will not stand, Maaaaan...

The rug just really tied the room together...

Dana Myers

Click_post_375 wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 05:14:13 GMT, Harry Demidavicius
> > wrote:

>>Please give me your
>>address so that I go there and **** on your living room rug.

> This aggression will not stand, Maaaaan...

The rug just really tied the room together...

Ground Hog Day Ophelia[_14_] General Cooking 0 02-02-2017 09:15 PM
Ground Ham DanS.[_3_] General Cooking 17 28-12-2010 10:30 PM
Fresh ground Nutmeg/Cinnamon vs. the pre-ground spice jar type [email protected] General Cooking 20 24-04-2008 04:32 AM
Brisket versus brisket Edwin Pawlowski Barbecue 6 06-08-2005 12:50 AM
ground ostrich, ground buffalo Julia Altshuler General Cooking 17 30-03-2004 02:41 PM