Dave Bugg

Default A note to newbies, and a big welcome. The original

Hi and a big WELCOME to AFB. :-) In order to get a flavor of what this
newsgroup spends most of its time talking about, please read the FAQ which
is located at:
http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq2/toc.html

It is the best single-source document on traditional barbecue that I've yet
to see. And that's what this NG is primarily focused on... traditional
methods of BBQ.

Most of us also use gas grills -- I myself use a Weber Genesis
from time-to-time -- so grilling and other forms of outdoor cooking
are sometimes talked about. It's just not the main focus for most
of us here.

This is a primary hang-out for a lot of hard-core BBQ "purists", and it's
the main theme of this NG. So if you're a griller, and you have a recipe for
ribs or pork which you think of as "bbq", don't be surprised or upset if we
attempt to "show you the light". :-)

The FAQ will help you understand the differences between grilling and
barbecue, and why we will try to pull gas-grillers toward the light of real
'Q, and why we may use gentle corrections to wrongly-used terminology.
Hopefully this post will help you avoid getting your feathered underwear
into a ruffled knot, because we really want you to stay. And you may just
decide that you need to set the gasser aside for hot dogs, hamburgers,
and steaks, while picking up a wood-fired pit to 'Q the stuff dreams are
made of.

Best and Warm Regards to y'all. <BG>

HINT: Trimming the posts to which you respond to, along with bottom or
interleaved posting, is what we all prefer here.

Dave