jm

Default Rolled up Ribs on the Weber

I was looking at it and saw on the virtual weber where they had rolled up
ribs to put on it. Does it matter if they are rolled up like that or laid
out flat? I don't want to get a smoker I can't smoke ribs on the "right"
way.

---

JD

"jm" > wrote in message
> I was looking at it and saw on the virtual weber where they had
> rolled up ribs to put on it. Does it matter if they are rolled up
> like that or laid out flat? I don't want to get a smoker I can't
> smoke ribs on the "right" way.

If rolled up is wrong then there are a lot of serious Q fans who've settled
for second best with a WSM......not. Rolled works just fine.... trust me.

JD

Bruce K.

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 02:28:27 GMT, "jm" >
wrote:

I'm trying rolled ribs (6 racks) in my WSM next Sunday (3 on top 3 on
bottom rack) for the first time. The recipe calls for applying sause
an hour before the end of cooking.

1. How do I sause the insides of the racks?

2. After removing and replacing the ribs how much time do I add to the
cook?

3. Am I taking my life for granted?

Thanks,

Bruce

>I was looking at it and saw on the virtual weber where they had rolled up
>ribs to put on it. Does it matter if they are rolled up like that or laid
>out flat? I don't want to get a smoker I can't smoke ribs on the "right"
>way.
>

>---

Jason in Dallas

"jm" > wrote in message
> I was looking at it and saw on the virtual weber where they had rolled up
> ribs to put on it. Does it matter if they are rolled up like that or laid
> out flat? I don't want to get a smoker I can't smoke ribs on the "right"
> way.

They taste like liver when rolled up since it induces a chemical change.
They need to be laid flat and pointed at the North Star while cooking.

moncho

"jm" > wrote in message
> I was looking at it and saw on the virtual weber where they had rolled up
> ribs to put on it. Does it matter if they are rolled up like that or laid
> out flat? I don't want to get a smoker I can't smoke ribs on the "right"
> way.

I roll my ribs most of the time. No problems what so ever. The only
thing you may want to do is make sure you put the tip of the rib
on the inside instead of the outside.

moncho

moncho

Default ADD-ON Rolled up Ribs on the Weber

> > I was looking at it and saw on the virtual weber where they had rolled
up
> > ribs to put on it. Does it matter if they are rolled up like that or

laid
> > out flat? I don't want to get a smoker I can't smoke ribs on the

"right"
> > way.

> I roll my ribs most of the time. No problems what so ever. The only
> thing you may want to do is make sure you put the tip of the rib
> on the inside instead of the outside.

Forgot to mention, I can get 10 racks (5 on each grate) if I roll them.

I could probably squeeze two more on each grate depending
upon how tight I roll them.

moncho

jm

"JD" > wrote in message >. ..
> "jm" > wrote in message
> > I was looking at it and saw on the virtual weber where they had
> > rolled up ribs to put on it. Does it matter if they are rolled up
> > like that or laid out flat? I don't want to get a smoker I can't
> > smoke ribs on the "right" way.
> >

> If rolled up is wrong then there are a lot of serious Q fans who've settled
> for second best with a WSM......not. Rolled works just fine.... trust me.
>
> JD

Okay. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I just never saw it on TV.
Buzz1

"jm" > wrote in message

>. I just never saw it on TV.

lot of stuff about bbq you will never see on TV---trust me on this!!!

Buzz
2FAT Bikers BBQ

BOB

Jason in Dallas wrote:
> "jm" > wrote in message
>> I was looking at it and saw on the virtual weber where they had rolled up
>> ribs to put on it. Does it matter if they are rolled up like that or laid
>> out flat? I don't want to get a smoker I can't smoke ribs on the "right"
>> way.

> They taste like liver when rolled up since it induces a chemical change.
> They need to be laid flat and pointed at the North Star while cooking.

ROTFL MAO!

Good one.

BOB

T. L. Hicks

That's what I've been doing wrong. I was told to point them toward the sun,
unless there's an eclipse. At that time, I was supposed to point them toward
the equator.

T. L. Hicks
Learning already

" BOB" > wrote in message
> Jason in Dallas wrote:
> > "jm" > wrote in message
> >> I was looking at it and saw on the virtual weber where they had rolled

up
> >> ribs to put on it. Does it matter if they are rolled up like that or

laid
> >> out flat? I don't want to get a smoker I can't smoke ribs on the

"right"
> >> way.

> > They taste like liver when rolled up since it induces a chemical change.
> > They need to be laid flat and pointed at the North Star while cooking.

> ROTFL MAO!
>
> Good one.
>
> BOB

Dana Myers

Jason in Dallas wrote:

> "jm" > wrote in message
>
>>I was looking at it and saw on the virtual weber where they had rolled up
>>ribs to put on it. Does it matter if they are rolled up like that or laid
>>out flat? I don't want to get a smoker I can't smoke ribs on the "right"
>>way.

> They taste like liver when rolled up since it induces a chemical change.
> They need to be laid flat and pointed at the North Star while cooking.

What if I'm cooking in South America or Australia?

Dana
frohe

Bruce K. wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 02:28:27 GMT, "jm" >
> wrote:
> I'm trying rolled ribs (6 racks) in my WSM next Sunday (3 on top 3

on
> bottom rack) for the first time. The recipe calls for applying sause
> an hour before the end of cooking.
> 1. How do I sause the insides of the racks?
> 2. After removing and replacing the ribs how much time do I add to

the
> cook?
> 3. Am I taking my life for granted?

I've tried rollin ribs for my WSM but didn't like it even tho I rolled
looser than what's pictured on the virtual weber bullet site. Don't
recall where I read this - mighta been when I was participatin in the
Porch - but cut your slabs in half and stack them 2 tall on each
other. Then you can rotate them half way at about 3 hours so they all
cook up good. Did just this a while back. Got 3 racks on the top
grate and 3 on the bottom.

Now that I said that, the best thing to do about the sauce is not to
add it til you lay the slabs out on the table. Have 2 or 3 kinds
(sissy sauce, gringo sauce & pepper belly sauce. Everybody's happy
that way.
--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry

" BOB" > wrote:
> Jason in Dallas wrote:
> > "jm" > wrote in message
> >> I was looking at it and saw on the virtual weber where they had rolled
> >> up ribs to put on it. Does it matter if they are rolled up like that
> >> or laid out flat? I don't want to get a smoker I can't smoke ribs on
> >> the "right" way.

> > They taste like liver when rolled up since it induces a chemical
> > change. They need to be laid flat and pointed at the North Star while
> > cooking.

> ROTFL MAO!
>
> Good one.

Feng shui BBQ! Hell, we can't even see the North Star (mag. 2.02) most of
the time here in N. Hollywood.

--
Intuitive insights from Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley

http://operationiraqichildren.org/
El Penguini

I use a rib rack and bend the ribs so that one rack is in a 'U' shape in two
slots. I'll do something different when I have to feed an army. Like roll
them.