F.G. Whitfurrows

Default Comin' weekend

Gotta make up for eatin pizza on Memorial Day. Done said my Hail Mary's, now
for the REAL pennance(sp?)

Sunday:
Big ol' brisket, 2 butts, and a pork loin that I'm gonna brine with some
sorta apple cider brine and then stuff with jalapenos and garlic. Don't know
just how I'm gonna do the brisket other that cookin it til its done, but
hell, thats a start.

I'll post more as I become more enlightened as to whatthehell I'm gonna do.

Of course, more meat and sides could be added to the menu at any time....and
I plan on drinkin' ALL DAY LONG.

Hope I can get it all on the WSM. I might even have to break out the old ECB
just for kicks. Maybe I'll just set the damned deck on fire and cook it all
right there on the railing?

Nahhhhhhh, that might **** the woman off.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

BOB

F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
> Gotta make up for eatin pizza on Memorial Day. Done said my Hail Mary's, now
> for the REAL pennance(sp?)

LOL!

I was thinkin' about cookin' pizza(s) this weekend since I still have a pork
butt and a bunch of pork chops leftover from last weekend.

Smokey pizza, topped with pork and (whatever)

BOB

Michael

" BOB" > wrote in message
> F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
> > Gotta make up for eatin pizza on Memorial Day. Done said my Hail Mary's,

now
> > for the REAL pennance(sp?)
> >

> LOL!
>
> I was thinkin' about cookin' pizza(s) this weekend since I still have a

pork
> butt and a bunch of pork chops leftover from last weekend.
>
> Smokey pizza, topped with pork and (whatever)
>
> BOB

I buy take'n'bake pizzas and cook them on the Weber. Barbequed pizza!

Michael

Louis Cohen

I have a friend coming in from Santa Fe. Menu is brisket, butt, hot lamb
bangers from the local Fijian grocer, and lamb riblets.

Vinegar-base cole slaw and potato salad on the side.

----
Louis Cohen
Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

"F.G. Whitfurrows" > wrote in message
> Gotta make up for eatin pizza on Memorial Day. Done said my Hail Mary's,

now
> for the REAL pennance(sp?)
>
> Sunday:
> Big ol' brisket, 2 butts, and a pork loin that I'm gonna brine with some
> sorta apple cider brine and then stuff with jalapenos and garlic. Don't

know
> just how I'm gonna do the brisket other that cookin it til its done, but
> hell, thats a start.
>
> I'll post more as I become more enlightened as to whatthehell I'm gonna

do.

> Of course, more meat and sides could be added to the menu at any

time....and
> I plan on drinkin' ALL DAY LONG.
>
> Hope I can get it all on the WSM. I might even have to break out the old

ECB
> just for kicks. Maybe I'll just set the damned deck on fire and cook it

all
> right there on the railing?
>
> Nahhhhhhh, that might **** the woman off.
>
> --
> Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
> and his 6" boner

Master Chef Richard Campbell

"Louis Cohen" > wrote in message
>I have a friend coming in from Santa Fe. Menu is brisket, butt, hot lamb
> bangers from the local Fijian grocer, and lamb riblets.
>
> Vinegar-base cole slaw and potato salad on the side.

> ----
> Louis Cohen
> Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

Jeez Louis

Now I have to decide if I crash your bbq or the Smelly Hobbit's.
Thanks Alot. Well Louis could you do your on Saturday and I hop up to
Northwest for Hobbit's meat mayhem.
--
Master Chef Richard Campbell
100% Delightfully Evil for Your Protection

F.G. Whitfurrows

Master Chef Richard Campbell wrote:
> Jeez Louis

> Now I have to decide if I crash your bbq or the Smelly Hobbit's.
> Thanks Alot. Well Louis could you do your on Saturday and I hop up to
> Northwest for Hobbit's meat mayhem.

Hey! I ain't smelly, but you can still come on over.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Dave Bugg

F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:

> Hey! I ain't smelly, but you can still come on over.

It's just the aroma of pit-tending duties :-)

Monroe, of course...

In article >, " BOB" >
wrote:
> I was thinkin' about cookin' pizza(s) this weekend since I still have a pork
> butt and a bunch of pork chops leftover from last weekend.
>
> Smokey pizza, topped with pork and (whatever)

Try the pork calzone thing - like a giant hot pocket. Helps keep the
meat moist.

monroe(no tomato sauce, though)
BOB

Monroe, of course... wrote:
> In article >, " BOB" >
> wrote:
>> I was thinkin' about cookin' pizza(s) this weekend since I still have a pork
>> butt and a bunch of pork chops leftover from last weekend.
>>
>> Smokey pizza, topped with pork and (whatever)
>>

> Try the pork calzone thing - like a giant hot pocket. Helps keep the
> meat moist.
>
> monroe(no tomato sauce, though)

I bet it would be good with my *green* pizza ingredients. Pesto, onions, Roma
'maters, and meat-du-jour.

BOB

F.G. Whitfurrows

Steve Wertz wrote:
> C'mon now - use some common sense: The deck is probably
> constructed of chemically-treated wood.

Good point Wertz. I guess the wife'd have somethin' legitimate to bitch
about after all, in that case.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner