Monroe, of course...

Default Starting the fire

In article >, "Jack Sloan"
> wrote:

> "Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> > On Thu, 27 May 2004 13:25:07 GMT, "cl" > wrote:
> > > I'm learning an awful lot from you, mostly having to do with how NOT

> > to win friends and influence people.
> >

> I guess he missed the part about you bein' his friend and all.

"c"unt"l"ips has missed EVERYTHING lately except his own feet-he's shot
them up pretty darned well. He still can't spell wortha**** either.

monroe(CALooney's friend, too)

"M&M" > wrote:
> [ . . . ]You otherwise intelligent people
> are arging about the precautions relavent to transfering hot
> coals from a chimney to a fire grate. Somebody here has more
> to drink then I have. And shame on you.

LMFAO. Y'all know how I dress and how much I drink. I don't change that
when I'm cookin', neither! Ya don't need no Cramer ta English dickshunary
fer, "Ouch! Ah, fuggit, whatever!"

--
Intuitive insights from Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley

http://operationiraqichildren.org/
cl

"Monroe, of course..." wrote:

>all.
>
> "c"unt"l"ips has missed EVERYTHING lately except his own feet-he's shot
> them up pretty darned well. He still can't spell wortha**** either.
>
> monroe(CALooney's friend, too)

Come on ball less, you can do more than point out bad spelling. That
only strengthens my point on the hypocrisy here. All one has to do is
read frohe's thread and see the support given for his redneck dialect
and animosity toward my careless typing. Double standard?

When Miranda lets you get back on the 'puter(after your chores and all),
let me know why the double standard.

-CAL
Duwop

cl > wrote in message >...

> You can't even go there. I posted a simple statement about gas grills
> and you guys started attacking me. Go back to my first posts here and
> tell me otherwise. You hypocrite.
>
> _CAL

Poor little misunderstood HighCALonic.

Don't worry, I still got ya k/f'd, I happened on this while looking at
Google.

Well here's all your posts to this NG:

<http://groups.google.com/groups?q=group:alt.food.barbecue+author:cluna%40mi dsouth.rr.com&num=100&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&newwindow=1&safe=off&filter=0>

Your first two posts (both on 5/10/2004 were about some Brinkman 2500
where you got a bit argumentative with Jason from Dallas, but he didnt
bite, so that thread ended happily. No problems so far.

Then on 5/14 things started downhill, that's when you got so confused
and argumentative with Dave Bugg about LazyQ. It started out nice
enough, but then you kept on telling Dave he said shit he didn't,
taking things out of context, and generally made an ass out of
yourself insisting there's not a whit of difference between a LAzyQ
rig and a standard gas grill as far as BBQing goes. And oh yeah, you
know more about BBQ than anyone else here, especially some hick in the
Great Northwest, because they don't live in Memphis like you do.

And since then you havent posted much anything other than to complain
and bitch about how mean we all are. Look at your posts again man,
look at them.

> You can't even go there. I posted a simple statement about gas grills
> and you guys started attacking me. Go back to my first posts here and
> tell me otherwise. You hypocrite.

Poor widdle misunderstood HighCALonic. Look again, if you dare.
cl

Duwop wrote:

> cl > wrote in message >...
> >
> > You can't even go there. I posted a simple statement about gas grills
> > and you guys started attacking me. Go back to my first posts here and
> > tell me otherwise. You hypocrite.
> >
> > _CAL

<http://groups.google.com/groups?q=group:alt.food.barbecue+author:cluna%40mi dsouth.rr.com&num=100&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&newwindow=1&safe=off&filter=0>

> Your first two posts (both on 5/10/2004 were about some Brinkman 2500
> where you got a bit argumentative with Jason from Dallas, but he didnt
> bite, so that thread ended happily. No problems so far.

Noper, a smile was in that one to Jason. And then I mention the use of
the radiant elements

<Quote me>: "...or the atmosphere.

You forget the amount of energy that is lost thru the gas grills
venting.
Now technically, the metal plates or rocks above the burners are the
true
capturer of the energy. The more heat you hold in the grill, the longer
the
energy is retained for cooking before venting. The cast burners are
more to
prevent burnout and preferrably stay cooler.

And PS, flames are *not* normally doing the cooking because they are
shielded to prevent direct contact with the grease. So a gas grill works
more like a preheated cast iron pan. The element just heats the pan
which in
turn cooks the meat. So like ceramic in a K, to a point the more cast
iron
in the setup the more efficient it will be due to minimizing atomspheric
loses. If the energy is retain in the system, temperatures will rise."
</Quote me>

Do you dispute any of this? Seems like a contributory post rather than a
flame or troll.

> Then on 5/14 things started downhill, that's when you got so confused
> and argumentative with Dave Bugg about LazyQ. It started out nice
> enough, but then you kept on telling Dave he said shit he didn't,
> taking things out of context, and generally made an ass out of
> yourself insisting there's not a whit of difference between a LAzyQ
> rig and a standard gas grill as far as BBQing goes.

> And oh yeah, you
> know more about BBQ than anyone else here, especially some hick in the
> Great Northwest, because they don't live in Memphis like you do.

Nope once again. I didn't say I know more about bbq. I said I know good
Q. This all in reference to me saying gas grill can produce good q.

> And since then you havent posted much anything other than to complain
> and bitch about how mean we all are. Look at your posts again man,
> look at them.

Wrong. Added a JennAIr post the otherday. Answered in the creosote
thread and others. In between all the bikering I've still added real
content.

Why am I even trying to explain since I'm killfiled? So unless you read
them all in google, you probably missed the good due to all the bad.

-CLA

> > You can't even go there. I posted a simple statement about gas grills
> > and you guys started attacking me. Go back to my first posts here and
> > tell me otherwise. You hypocrite.

> Poor widdle misunderstood HighCALonic. Look again, if you dare.

Frndthdevl

hmmm
had to see when my first post was. Oct 99. Whoa!
peace
jeff
BOB

Duwop wrote:
> Monroe, of course... wrote:
>> You're therefore smarter than a CALooney, Dana. Take a bow. Talk about
>> being damned with faint praise. I like Webercubes or that green napalm
>> stuff. Keeps the fire in the cooker where it belongs.
>>
>> monroe('idiot' -heh-you got that right)

> Hey! I still go barefoot when movin the chimney. Just more carefully is all.
> I'm not stoopid, it's just that I'm not a quitter. Freakin Dana sounds anal
> retentive about the thing to me. Next someone's gonna say how they wear a
> fireproof apron when handling the chimney.
> Damn. One little coal burns off half one toe and people make a big deal
> about it forever, jeeeeze.

Way down here in the Sunshine State, we're not allowed to wear shoes except for
formal occasions, or if OSHA requires them on the jobsite. When we're playing
with fire? No way!

BOB

starting outdoor fire issues, help needed mikehende Barbecue 20 01-11-2007 02:00 PM
Ship's Tour Of My Universe To Begin - Call To Arms! Duty Stations! Fire When Ready! Cease Fire Procola! Pt III/III Robert Peffers. Preserving 0 03-04-2007 12:57 PM
Starting ebrian General Cooking 41 23-01-2006 02:13 PM
STARTING DELEMA [email protected] Winemaking 5 21-11-2005 09:56 PM
Just Starting Out Mexican Cooking 36 23-08-2004 05:39 AM