Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Louis Cohen

Default Butts

A colleague at work had a birthday today, so I brought in some pork butts.
They were 7 lbs each, and I couldn't start on them until 7 PM the night
before, so I cooked a little hotter than usual - about 275-280°. When I got
up at 6 AM, the temp in the K was down to 210°, probably because the wind
had died down during the night. Still, after 11 hrs, the butts were great.
I let them rest 45 minutes and then they pulled easily. A little eastern NC
dressing, and they were just great. BTW, I used a mustard slather and some
Smart & Final cajun spice mix as the rub.

----
Louis Cohen
Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

10 fat butts Tutall Barbecue 6 11-07-2009 05:19 PM
10# vs two 5# butts? Jerry Barbecue 10 06-07-2006 12:54 AM