Kevin S. Wilson

Default Butts

On Fri, 21 May 2004 18:43:46 -0700, "Louis Cohen"
> wrote:

>A colleague at work had a birthday today, so I brought in some pork butts.
>They were 7 lbs each, and I couldn't start on them until 7 PM the night
>before, so I cooked a little hotter than usual - about 275-280°. When I got
>up at 6 AM, the temp in the K was down to 210°, probably because the wind
>had died down during the night. Still, after 11 hrs, the butts were great.
>I let them rest 45 minutes and then they pulled easily. A little eastern NC
>dressing, and they were just great. BTW, I used a mustard slather and some
>Smart & Final cajun spice mix as the rub.

You're a braver man than I, Louis. When I feed the crew at work, I
usually cook butts overnight on Saturday, then pull them whenever
they're done on Sunday. I re-heat the PP in a large crockpot Monday
morning to feed 20-25 people at noon.

Did you have to reheat the butts? Did you wait until lunchtime to pull
them, or pull them ahead of time? Any ideas about doing both ribs and
PP for the folks at work. Our office manager is retiring in a couple
weeks and has requested BBQ on her last day at work.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a university somewhere in Idaho