Jason in Dallas

Default Smoking skirt steak instead of searing?

I've always had skirt seared in cast iron. Guy on another forum smoked his
at 250 and said it was the best he'd ever had. Thoughts?

Jason in Dallas

"mtbchip" >
> > I've always had skirt seared in cast iron. Guy on another forum smoked

his
> > at 250 and said it was the best he'd ever had. Thoughts?
> >

> Well, I used the recently received Kamado coconut charcoal last night for
> the first time, and it was a direct heat for cooking marinade skirt

steaks.
> Although they are thin, Skirts have a lot of FAT, thus needed MUCHO heat

> mobilize the fat and burn off. Thin as they are, they took 15 minutes to
> cook with direct heat on the Weber kettle.

Skirts I've had have all been very lean. They cook to medium rare in under 5
minutes on a cast iron skillet.

Skirt Steak Virgin Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 46 19-02-2009 08:10 AM
Skirt Steak Gunner[_6_] Mexican Cooking 1 19-03-2008 09:09 PM
Got skirt steak Bob General Cooking 8 19-08-2005 05:26 PM
Searing/Backening steak in griddle Tony Barbecue 10 30-07-2004 11:08 PM