Steve and Brenda

Default Costco SS Grill

Hey guys, I'm sure this has been asked dozens of times before. What do any
of you know about the $799 s.s. grill at Costco. Three 17k burners and some
kind of back burner for the rotisserie, ceramic I believe. Anyhow I've been
eyeballing this for a long while and just got the wink and nod from the War
Dept. I have a Weber w/ Flavorizer bars. This thing cooks everything great
except burgers and steak. It can't char itself out of a paper bag. Had it
for years and never grilled a good steak. Any help would be grateful. Thanks
Steve on the Central Coast, CA

BOB

Steve and Brenda wrote:
> Hey guys, I'm sure this has been asked dozens of times before. What do any
> of you know about the $799 s.s. grill at Costco. Three 17k burners and some
> kind of back burner for the rotisserie, ceramic I believe. Anyhow I've been
> eyeballing this for a long while and just got the wink and nod from the War
> Dept. I have a Weber w/ Flavorizer bars. This thing cooks everything great
> except burgers and steak. It can't char itself out of a paper bag. Had it
> for years and never grilled a good steak. Any help would be grateful. Thanks
> Steve on the Central Coast, CA

http://www.google.com/groups?as_q=%2...ecue&lr=&hl=en

jdoe

How old is your weber and what model. I was having the same "issue" but not
any more. The "fix" was quite easy.
Larry
" BOB" > wrote in message
news
> Steve and Brenda wrote:
> > Hey guys, I'm sure this has been asked dozens of times before. What do

any
> > of you know about the $799 s.s. grill at Costco. Three 17k burners and

some
> > kind of back burner for the rotisserie, ceramic I believe. Anyhow I've

been
> > eyeballing this for a long while and just got the wink and nod from the

War
> > Dept. I have a Weber w/ Flavorizer bars. This thing cooks everything

great
> > except burgers and steak. It can't char itself out of a paper bag. Had

it
> > for years and never grilled a good steak. Any help would be grateful.

Thanks
> > Steve on the Central Coast, CA

http://www.google.com/groups?as_q=%2...ecue&lr=&hl=en

Jack Curry

Steve and Brenda wrote:
> Hey guys, I'm sure this has been asked dozens of times before. What
> do any of you know about the $799 s.s. grill at Costco. Three 17k
> burners and some kind of back burner for the rotisserie, ceramic I
> believe. Anyhow I've been eyeballing this for a long while and just
> got the wink and nod from the War Dept. I have a Weber w/ Flavorizer
> bars. This thing cooks everything great except burgers and steak. It
> can't char itself out of a paper bag. Had it for years and never
> grilled a good steak. Any help would be grateful. Thanks Steve on the
> Central Coast, CA

If you're gonna spend that kind of money, do yourself a favor and look at
Kamado or any of the ceramic cookers.
http://www.kamado.com/

Jack Curry
-cooking on gas sux-

Dave Bugg

Steve and Brenda wrote:
> Hey guys, I'm sure this has been asked dozens of times before.

You're right, it has.

Kent H.

I've asked this same question several times and have listened to the
same answers every time.
1. Some numbskull comes up with that stupid ugly Kamado resolution.
2. NO ONE knows anything about any stainless steel gas grill, including
the CostCo grill.
3. I usually get a lot of vitriolic rhetoric that doesn't serve anyone.
4. Most on this NG think that gas grillers are stupid accountants, or
some other professional. In fact the "gassers" are far beyond the
routine NG grillers level of intelligence, of work ethic, and of
eduation. Most "lump" grillers are undereducated, stupid, people living
in the trenches of life. One could name names, but since I have been
killfiled by most it's pointless, and further they wouldn't understand
this anyway.
5. Most think the grilling equates with cooking knowledge and cooking
expertise, a profound joke.
6. Most think they know what smoking is! A joke!
7. That Costco grill is manufactured by the same Chinese company that
manufactures other so called U.S. gas grills. No one has used one, other
than the CostCo marketing people.

The best way to sear a steak is on the old 22" Weber with the charcoal
..75 in. below the inferior surface of the steak.

Nonetheless, check in here for the laughs.

The best to you. Your question is a sincere and relevant one. You won't
hear the answer here.

Kent

Steve and Brenda wrote:

> Hey guys, I'm sure this has been asked dozens of times before. What do any
> of you know about the $799 s.s. grill at Costco. Three 17k burners and some
> kind of back burner for the rotisserie, ceramic I believe. Anyhow I've been
> eyeballing this for a long while and just got the wink and nod from the War
> Dept. I have a Weber w/ Flavorizer bars. This thing cooks everything great
> except burgers and steak. It can't char itself out of a paper bag. Had it
> for years and never grilled a good steak. Any help would be grateful. Thanks
> Steve on the Central Coast, CA

Duwop

Kent H. wrote:
> 4. Most on this NG think that gas grillers are stupid accountants, or
> some other professional. In fact the "gassers" are far beyond the
> routine NG grillers level of intelligence, of work ethic, and of
> eduation. Most "lump" grillers are undereducated, stupid, people
> living
> in the trenches of life. One could name names, but since I have been
> killfiled by most it's pointless, and further they wouldn't understand
> this anyway.
>
> Kent

Damn K, lmAO

Kent, a bitter old man, made so well before his time because of the lack of
love given to him during his formative years at AFB.

Kent, I understand that pets can be good for chronic cases like yours. May I
suggest something that can't run away, something like a fish maybe?

Jimbo

Go here and read all about this type of Great Grill.
Have one for past 4 years ...blows my previous gas Weber away.
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load...813986.html?48

Also you may want to use alt.food barbecue rather then this FOOD group.
Hope you get your new grill.......Jim

Randy

It depends on what you are cooking, I have a Weber gas grill that I use
for chickens. Indirect heat, no peak for an hour, no flare ups, and
perfect chicken. For steaks and burgers I use a Pro Fire 48" stainless
gas grill, good searing with only 10 minutes of warm up. For Q I use a
WSM, fire it up, set the vents, and it maintains a constant 225 degrees
for as long as I need it to. If you get the Costco unit, you may want
to hang on to the Weber. -RP

Randy

What is the fix? -RP

Craig Watts

>Hey guys, I'm sure this has been asked dozens of times before. What do any
>of you know about the $799 s.s. grill at Costco. Three 17k burners and some
>kind of back burner for the rotisserie, ceramic I believe. Anyhow I've been
>eyeballing this for a long while and just got the wink and nod from the War
>Dept. I have a Weber w/ Flavorizer bars. This thing cooks everything great
>except burgers and steak. It can't char itself out of a paper bag. Had it
>for years and never grilled a good steak. Any help would be grateful. Thanks
>Steve on the Central Coast, CA

FWIW- this just hit my inbox on a weekly feed.

http://bbq.about.com/cs/toppicks/tp/aatp060402.htm
Yip Yap

"Kent H." > wrote in message >...
> I've asked this same question several times and have listened to the
> same answers every time.
> 1. Some numbskull comes up with that stupid ugly Kamado resolution.
> 2. NO ONE knows anything about any stainless steel gas grill, including
> the CostCo grill.

<SNIP>
> 5. Most think the grilling equates with cooking knowledge and cooking
> expertise, a profound joke.
> 6. Most think they know what smoking is! A joke!
> 7. That Costco grill is manufactured by the same Chinese company that
> manufactures other so called U.S. gas grills. No one has used one, other
> than the CostCo marketing people.

Oh Kent, it's another grilling season, and you're
still dreaming about that big $799 SS gas
grill from Costco. This is becoming a yearly tradition.

-- Yip
jdoe

Do you have 2 rows of bars or 1? If you have 2 remove the top row. You won't
believe the difference. A weber rep explained this is why they went to a
single row. Additionally remove the burners and brush them clean and flush
them with a good jet of water. They get "lint" in them. Also (and this one
suprised the hell out of me), remove the gas manifold. You may find the
following. 1. The brass jets corrode and this changes the size of the jet.
Clean them good. Also disassemble the valves. Inside you'll find a black
lube coating the little valve cones. This gets hard and eventually clogs
little jets. Clean these well and relube them with a tiny amount of
synthetic lube for disc brake pins. If you don't want to do this just
replace the valve and manifold assy. I didn't mind doing these things though
since it was the only thing I've really done to it in over 10 years of
service. The one other thing I did was had new SS flavorizer bars custom
made to match the newer style units. Either way just take out the top row
and do the claening/service I explained and you'll love it again.
Larry
"Randy" > wrote in message
> What is the fix? -RP

BOB

Steve and Brenda wrote:
> Hey guys, I'm sure this has been asked dozens of times before. What do any
> of you know about the $799 s.s. grill at Costco. Three 17k burners and some
> kind of back burner for the rotisserie, ceramic I believe. Anyhow I've been
> eyeballing this for a long while and just got the wink and nod from the War
> Dept. I have a Weber w/ Flavorizer bars. This thing cooks everything great
> except burgers and steak. It can't char itself out of a paper bag. Had it
> for years and never grilled a good steak. Any help would be grateful. Thanks
> Steve on the Central Coast, CA

http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_s...kjd goodflg.0

Go to Sam's and get this one instead. At least you'll have a good ceramic grill
when you give up on the pretty stainless steel gasser. I don't know how you
will be able to adjust the lower vent, though.

BOB

Bill Funk

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 21:20:30 GMT, "Steve and Brenda"
> wrote:

>Hey guys, I'm sure this has been asked dozens of times before. What do any
>of you know about the $799 s.s. grill at Costco. Three 17k burners and some
>kind of back burner for the rotisserie, ceramic I believe. Anyhow I've been
>eyeballing this for a long while and just got the wink and nod from the War
>Dept. I have a Weber w/ Flavorizer bars. This thing cooks everything great
>except burgers and steak. It can't char itself out of a paper bag. Had it
>for years and never grilled a good steak. Any help would be grateful. Thanks
>Steve on the Central Coast, CA

We got one last year, when the price was dropped to about $400 or so
to clear inventory.
It replacerd an old (about 18 years!) Sears ghas grill that finally
rusted out a manifold.

The unit works well for a gas grill; it will sear steak just fine, and
will let me do my own version of "BBQ" chicken legs & thighs very
well. (This is a recipe I've used for years, and we like it, and the
guests seem to like it too)

It's obviously not a charcoal grill, which will make it a despised
piece of crap to many traditionalists, but for us, it does what we
want it to do. It compliments our NBBD quite well, and cooks much more
quickly than a charcoal grill would, which was one of a gas grill's
main advantages, to us.

The SS is hard to clean, so we don't bother much. Let it stain, it
still cooks well.

Enjoy it!

--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
Kent H.

I've done Jdoe's fix and it works well, bringing the heat output up to
"like new".
Kent

jdoe wrote:

> Do you have 2 rows of bars or 1? If you have 2 remove the top row. You won't
> believe the difference. A weber rep explained this is why they went to a
> single row. Additionally remove the burners and brush them clean and flush
> them with a good jet of water. They get "lint" in them. Also (and this one
> suprised the hell out of me), remove the gas manifold. You may find the
> following. 1. The brass jets corrode and this changes the size of the jet.
> Clean them good. Also disassemble the valves. Inside you'll find a black
> lube coating the little valve cones. This gets hard and eventually clogs
> little jets. Clean these well and relube them with a tiny amount of
> synthetic lube for disc brake pins. If you don't want to do this just
> replace the valve and manifold assy. I didn't mind doing these things though
> since it was the only thing I've really done to it in over 10 years of
> service. The one other thing I did was had new SS flavorizer bars custom
> made to match the newer style units. Either way just take out the top row
> and do the claening/service I explained and you'll love it again.
> Larry
> "Randy" > wrote in message
> > What is the fix? -RP

Yip Yap

Bill Funk > wrote in message >. ..

> We got one last year, when the price was dropped to about $400 or so
> to clear inventory.
> It replacerd an old (about 18 years!) Sears ghas grill that finally
> rusted out a manifold.
>
> The unit works well for a gas grill; it will sear steak just fine, and
> will let me do my own version of "BBQ" chicken legs & thighs very
> well. (This is a recipe I've used for years, and we like it, and the
> guests seem to like it too)

Look Kent H., here's someone with actual experience cooking
on a big Costco SS grill. So maybe it's time to dust off
your checkbook, leave your trailer park, and head on down
to Costco.

-- Yip
Kent H.

Thanks Bill. Of all of the posts I have submitted about this question
your response is the only one that clearly addresses my query. Do you
have any idea how the Costco product would compare to the Silver Genesis
B regading its searing, or its high heat capacity capacity. I'm
guessing, from your post, that charcoal is the only heat source that
will really sear.
At a Lost Wages[Las Vegas] hotel recently I saw a commercial gas grill
that unquestionably seared. I don't think that product is available for
home use, unless an infrared grill, such as the TEC has enough heat.
Again Thanks,
Kent

Bill Funk wrote:

> On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 21:20:30 GMT, "Steve and Brenda"
> > wrote:
>
> >Hey guys, I'm sure this has been asked dozens of times before. What do any
> >of you know about the $799 s.s. grill at Costco. Three 17k burners and some
> >kind of back burner for the rotisserie, ceramic I believe. Anyhow I've been
> >eyeballing this for a long while and just got the wink and nod from the War
> >Dept. I have a Weber w/ Flavorizer bars. This thing cooks everything great
> >except burgers and steak. It can't char itself out of a paper bag. Had it
> >for years and never grilled a good steak. Any help would be grateful. Thanks
> >Steve on the Central Coast, CA
> >

> We got one last year, when the price was dropped to about $400 or so
> to clear inventory.
> It replacerd an old (about 18 years!) Sears ghas grill that finally
> rusted out a manifold.
>
> The unit works well for a gas grill; it will sear steak just fine, and
> will let me do my own version of "BBQ" chicken legs & thighs very
> well. (This is a recipe I've used for years, and we like it, and the
> guests seem to like it too)
>
> It's obviously not a charcoal grill, which will make it a despised
> piece of crap to many traditionalists, but for us, it does what we
> want it to do. It compliments our NBBD quite well, and cooks much more
> quickly than a charcoal grill would, which was one of a gas grill's
> main advantages, to us.
>
> The SS is hard to clean, so we don't bother much. Let it stain, it
> still cooks well.
>
> Enjoy it!
>
> --
> Bill Funk
> replace "g" with "a"

Bill Funk

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 05:36:57 GMT, "Kent H." >
wrote:

>Thanks Bill. Of all of the posts I have submitted about this question
>your response is the only one that clearly addresses my query. Do you
>have any idea how the Costco product would compare to the Silver Genesis
>B regading its searing, or its high heat capacity capacity. I'm
>guessing, from your post, that charcoal is the only heat source that
>will really sear.

This must be a typo on your part, because the gas grill sears just
fine, as I wrote. I've also used a charcoal grill years ago, and that
seared better, IMO, but this gas grill does sear pretty well.
I can't compare with other grills, because I only cook on ours,
though. Sorry. But the Costco grill seems to have all the heat I need.

--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"

Kent H.

Bill, probably one of the sources of confusion about this and other
threads is "what is searing?". Searing to me is "char rare" where the
surface of the steak or other ends up pitch black, with a crust, and
with no grill marks visible. I don't think there is a gas grill that can
do this with the hood up, as it must be to preserve the "rare" of the
center of the steak. The weber or any charcoal can do this if the
charcoal bed is .75 beneath the grates. The possible exception to this
might be an infrared grill, which is said to be much hotter than the
usual stainless steel grill. Having said the above, searing like did not
occur as defined above at a Dacor demo recently in an oven that did have
infrared broiler elements.
A happy and blessed ascension day to you and family.
Kent

Bill Funk wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 05:36:57 GMT, "Kent H." >
> wrote:
>
> >Thanks Bill. Of all of the posts I have submitted about this question
> >your response is the only one that clearly addresses my query. Do you
> >have any idea how the Costco product would compare to the Silver Genesis
> >B regading its searing, or its high heat capacity capacity. I'm
> >guessing, from your post, that charcoal is the only heat source that
> >will really sear.

> This must be a typo on your part, because the gas grill sears just
> fine, as I wrote. I've also used a charcoal grill years ago, and that
> seared better, IMO, but this gas grill does sear pretty well.
> I can't compare with other grills, because I only cook on ours,
> though. Sorry. But the Costco grill seems to have all the heat I need.
>
> >At a Lost Wages[Las Vegas] hotel recently I saw a commercial gas grill
> >that unquestionably seared. I don't think that product is available for
> >home use, unless an infrared grill, such as the TEC has enough heat.
> >Again Thanks,
> >Kent

> --
> Bill Funk
> replace "g" with "a"

Matthew L. Martin

Kent H. wrote:

> Bill, probably one of the sources of confusion about this and other
> threads is "what is searing?". Searing to me is "char rare" where the
> surface of the steak or other ends up pitch black, with a crust, and
> with no grill marks visible. I don't think there is a gas grill that can
> do this with the hood up, as it must be to preserve the "rare" of the
> center of the steak.

Oddly enough, I grilled two NY strip steaks last night on my cheap gas
grill. The cast iron made perfectly acceptable char marks. The meat was
seared and I cooked them with the hood down and managed to get both a
rare and medium rare steak.

Not overcooking has nothing to do with the use of a hood. The secret was
cooking on the first side for four minutes and the second side for three.

Matthew

Matthew L. Martin

Monroe, of course... wrote:

> In article m>,
> "Matthew L. Martin" > wrote:
>

>>Oddly enough, I grilled two NY strip steaks last night on my cheap gas
>>grill. The cast iron made perfectly acceptable char marks. The meat was
>>seared and I cooked them with the hood down and managed to get both a
>>rare and medium rare steak.
>>
>>Not overcooking has nothing to do with the use of a hood. The secret was
>>cooking on the first side for four minutes and the second side for three.
>>

> Bu-bu-but you HAVE to cook both sides equal amounts of time! It's
> against the law not to! You Heathen! You heretic!

<Johnny Carson>
I did not know that!
</Johnny Carson>

All these years of asymetrical cooking has probably doomed me to hell.

(along with everything else in my life:-)

Matthew

Monroe, of course...

In article m>,
"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote:

> Oddly enough, I grilled two NY strip steaks last night on my cheap gas
> grill. The cast iron made perfectly acceptable char marks. The meat was
> seared and I cooked them with the hood down and managed to get both a
> rare and medium rare steak.
>
> Not overcooking has nothing to do with the use of a hood. The secret was
> cooking on the first side for four minutes and the second side for three.

Bu-bu-but you HAVE to cook both sides equal amounts of time! It's
against the law not to! You Heathen! You heretic!

monroe(thumpthump)
Monroe, of course...

In article m>,
"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote:

> Monroe, of course... wrote:
>
> > In article m>,
> > "Matthew L. Martin" > wrote:
> >

> >>Oddly enough, I grilled two NY strip steaks last night on my cheap gas
> >>grill. The cast iron made perfectly acceptable char marks. The meat was
> >>seared and I cooked them with the hood down and managed to get both a
> >>rare and medium rare steak.
> >>
> >>Not overcooking has nothing to do with the use of a hood. The secret was
> >>cooking on the first side for four minutes and the second side for three.
> >>

> > Bu-bu-but you HAVE to cook both sides equal amounts of time! It's
> > against the law not to! You Heathen! You heretic!
> >

> <Johnny Carson>
> I did not know that!
> </Johnny Carson>
>
> All these years of asymetrical cooking has probably doomed me to hell.
>
> (along with everything else in my life:-)

at best you'll totally dephlogistinate the karmic intrinsity of the
steaks that way..... ;-)
At worst, they'll be totally edible. It amazes me that people feel
they have to cook both sides equally.

monroe(pick a circle-see ya there)

Jack Curry

"Monroe, of course..." > wrote in message
> In article m>,
> "Matthew L. Martin" > wrote:
>
> > Monroe, of course... wrote:

was

was

three.

> > > Bu-bu-but you HAVE to cook both sides equal amounts of time! It's
> > > against the law not to! You Heathen! You heretic!
> > >

> > <Johnny Carson>
> > I did not know that!
> > </Johnny Carson>
> >
> > All these years of asymetrical cooking has probably doomed me to hell.
> >
> > (along with everything else in my life:-)
> >

> at best you'll totally dephlogistinate the karmic intrinsity of the
> steaks that way..... ;-)
> At worst, they'll be totally edible. It amazes me that people feel
> they have to cook both sides equally.
>
> monroe(pick a circle-see ya there)

It amazes me that people are afraid to take a steak off a really hot fire
for a minute or two, then return it to the grill, and that people think a
steak can only be turned once. If the desired result is a medium cooked
steak and it's a thick piece of meat, there's no reason to incinerate it on
the outside. Learned that from a "grew up in the restaurant biz" buddy.

Jack Curry

Jack Sloan

"Jack Curry" <Jack-Curry deletethis @cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
om...
> "Monroe, of course..." > wrote in message
> > In article m>,

gas

> was

> was

> three.

> > > <Johnny Carson>
> > > I did not know that!
> > > </Johnny Carson>
> > >
> > > All these years of asymetrical cooking has probably doomed me to hell.
> > >
> > > (along with everything else in my life:-)
> > >

> > at best you'll totally dephlogistinate the karmic intrinsity of the
> > steaks that way..... ;-)
> > At worst, they'll be totally edible. It amazes me that people feel
> > they have to cook both sides equally.
> >
> > monroe(pick a circle-see ya there)

> It amazes me that people are afraid to take a steak off a really hot fire
> for a minute or two, then return it to the grill, and that people think a
> steak can only be turned once. If the desired result is a medium cooked
> steak and it's a thick piece of meat, there's no reason to incinerate it

on
> the outside. Learned that from a "grew up in the restaurant biz" buddy.
>
> Jack Curry

Medium....AAAARRRRGGG. anything past rare is poisonous.
Jack

Yip Yap

"Kent H." > wrote in message >...
> Thanks Bill. Of all of the posts I have submitted about this question
> your response is the only one that clearly addresses my query. Do you
> have any idea how the Costco product would compare to the Silver Genesis
> B regading its searing, or its high heat capacity capacity. I'm
> guessing, from your post, that charcoal is the only heat source that
> will really sear.
> At a Lost Wages[Las Vegas] hotel recently I saw a commercial gas grill
> that unquestionably seared. I don't think that product is available for
> home use, unless an infrared grill, such as the TEC has enough heat.

Here we go again. You've already concluded in previous
years that nothing gets hot enough. Well Kunt, is it
possible that there is such a product out there?
Is it possible that the Costco SS grill does get hot
enough?

-- Yip
Kent H.

Yippie, you're a hell of a ****. You must have a huge clitoris. You're
just too dumb to know. Sometime, either post something on this NG about
food on the grill, but not vitriol, or just shut up.
UP your inferior orifice, where you provide food to the people willing
to listen.

Yip Yap wrote:

> "Kent H." > wrote in message >...
> > Thanks Bill. Of all of the posts I have submitted about this question
> > your response is the only one that clearly addresses my query. Do you
> > have any idea how the Costco product would compare to the Silver Genesis
> > B regading its searing, or its high heat capacity capacity. I'm
> > guessing, from your post, that charcoal is the only heat source that
> > will really sear.
> > At a Lost Wages[Las Vegas] hotel recently I saw a commercial gas grill
> > that unquestionably seared. I don't think that product is available for
> > home use, unless an infrared grill, such as the TEC has enough heat.

> Here we go again. You've already concluded in previous
> years that nothing gets hot enough. Well Kunt, is it
> possible that there is such a product out there?
> Is it possible that the Costco SS grill does get hot
> enough?
>
> -- Yip

Yip Yap

"Kent H." > wrote in message >...
> Yippie, you're a hell of a ****. You must have a huge clitoris. You're
> just too dumb to know. Sometime, either post something on this NG about
> food on the grill, but not vitriol, or just shut up.
> UP your inferior orifice, where you provide food to the people willing
> to listen.

Oh gee Kunt, I didn't know you felt this way.

I'm still wondering why you think your dream
Costco SS grill won't sear that steak. Are
you must imagining that it can't sear, or do
you have any good solid evidence?

-- Yip

Bill Funk

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 16:58:25 GMT, "Kent H." >
wrote:

>Bill, probably one of the sources of confusion about this and other
>threads is "what is searing?". Searing to me is "char rare" where the
>surface of the steak or other ends up pitch black, with a crust, and
>with no grill marks visible. I don't think there is a gas grill that can
>do this with the hood up, as it must be to preserve the "rare" of the
>center of the steak. The weber or any charcoal can do this if the
>charcoal bed is .75 beneath the grates. The possible exception to this
>might be an infrared grill, which is said to be much hotter than the
>usual stainless steel grill. Having said the above, searing like did not
>occur as defined above at a Dacor demo recently in an oven that did have
>infrared broiler elements.
>A happy and blessed ascension day to you and family.
>Kent

I guess it is a variance in the definition.
I don't define searing as burning to a crisp. :-)

--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
Monroe, of course...

In article >, Bill Funk
> wrote:

> I guess it is a variance in the definition.
> I don't define searing as burning to a crisp. :-)

You're not a total twitdrip like Kunt is, either.
You can speak and write english,too. That's appparently quite a task
for the poor little tard.
BTW-a K will turn out blue steaks all day long. A gasser that will
compare will run you kilodollars or will be homemade.

monroe(arguing with Kunt=teaching pigs to tapdance)

Semi-OT - 4 things never to buy at Costco / 5 Things You ShouldBuy at Costco Playa General Cooking 16 24-08-2015 09:56 PM
Results on the SS Costco grill Steve and Brenda Barbecue 2 20-04-2004 06:03 PM
New grill at costco AJ Barbecue 11 31-03-2004 05:27 PM
Costco "the Classic" Stainless Steel BBQ Grill Tak Sze Barbecue 0 23-10-2003 12:43 AM
Costco Grill Steve and Brenda Barbecue 1 20-10-2003 11:54 AM