Steve and Brenda

Default Costco Grill

Well it came down in price. The ss Costco grill is $729 here in Santa Maria,
CA. Have any of you tried this grill? Looks pretty nice. Don't know if it
has enough BTUs to grill a good steak or burger. I know my Weber Genniss
dosn't. But it's fast for chicken breast and the sort after sports and work.
Thanks guys Steve on the central coast.

jdoe

There is quite a bit of discussion (good & bad) here
http://www.thegrillingweb.com/index.htm most is quite interesting. As an
aside I purchased a MM 0202 XC unit in the belief my weber couldn't sear a
steak either. Can the new one do so? You bet. But, my Weber can now also.
THanks to some guidlines I followed from their tech support of things to
check. As it turned out there was corrosion? blocking the gas jets in
addition to some other strange things in the burner tubes. After cleaning
these things out I discovered I now have a grill that gets fearfully hot and
does a beautiful job from super hot to super low. Still a little small for
my needs but had I realized it could do this I would never have bought
something else I would have gotten another genesis or a summit ymmv. I will
say I'm quite happy with the MM especially since convershion to nat. gas. I
did look also at the costco $799 unit and thought it quite a nice piece too
but in the end knowing if I got it 1. I'd have to pay $45.00 to join costco,
and $45 renewal every year to keep their "guarantee", and if I had to use
that guarantee I'd have in excess of an hour drive each way etc. etc. I felt
it best to stick closer to home.
Larry
"Steve and Brenda" > wrote in message
> Well it came down in price. The ss Costco grill is $729 here in Santa

Maria,
> CA. Have any of you tried this grill? Looks pretty nice. Don't know if it
> has enough BTUs to grill a good steak or burger. I know my Weber Genniss
> dosn't. But it's fast for chicken breast and the sort after sports and

work.
> Thanks guys Steve on the central coast.

Semi-OT - 4 things never to buy at Costco / 5 Things You ShouldBuy at Costco Playa General Cooking 16 24-08-2015 09:56 PM
Results on the SS Costco grill Steve and Brenda Barbecue 2 20-04-2004 06:03 PM
Costco SS Grill Steve and Brenda Barbecue 31 13-04-2004 05:01 PM
New grill at costco AJ Barbecue 11 31-03-2004 05:27 PM
Costco "the Classic" Stainless Steel BBQ Grill Tak Sze Barbecue 0 23-10-2003 12:43 AM