Kirsten Bayes

Default Meat and Mind

Ned Ludd wrote:

> The Only PURE and TRUE Vegan (*) Diet
> (i.e. no killing of a living cell, except
> opportunistic, parasitic cells living in
> the food substance being consumed.)
>

> 1. Milk
> 2. Honey
> 3. Maple Syrup
> 4. Hashish
> 5. Opium
> 6. Salt

Cripes, that was my diet when I was at college. I'm joking of course.

Best wishes
Kirsten
Donald Shepherd

Kirsten Bayes wrote:

> Ned Ludd wrote:
>

>> The Only PURE and TRUE Vegan (*) Diet
>> (i.e. no killing of a living cell, except
>> opportunistic, parasitic cells living in
>> the food substance being consumed.)
>>

>> 1. Milk
>> 2. Honey
>> 3. Maple Syrup
>> 4. Hashish
>> 5. Opium
>> 6. Salt

> Cripes, that was my diet when I was at college. I'm joking of course.
>
> Best wishes
> Kirsten

You don't want to joke about salt.

Don

Ned Ludd

"Kirsten Bayes" > wrote in message

>Ned Ludd wrote:
>> The Only PURE and TRUE Vegan (*) Diet
>> (i.e. no killing of a living cell, except
>> opportunistic, parasitic cells living in
>> the food substance being consumed.)
>>
>> 1. Milk
>> 2. Honey
>> 3. Maple Syrup
>> 4. Hashish
>> 5. Opium
>> 6. Salt

> Cripes, that was my diet when I was at college. I'm joking of course.
> Best wishes
> Kirsten

Nothing to be ashamed of. Remember, Hitler was a vegetarian. (He
also was a teetotaler and shunned alcohol.) Another vegetarian was
Plato, and his "Republic" was a totalitarian society which, among
other things, would have prohibited music (and poets) because they
appealed to the emotions (Book X, "The Republic")

Actual studies of vegetarians have found a variety of both
physiological and psychological disorders associated with
vegetarianism:

http://www.mhhe.com/catalogs/sem/nut...rticle15.mhtml
http://www.morehead.org/wellconnected/000049.html
http://www.umm.edu/patiented/doc49full.html

Ned

Sanford Manley

Ned Ludd spake thusly:

> Nothing to be ashamed of. Remember, Hitler was a
> vegetarian. (He also was a teetotaler and shunned
> alcohol.) Another vegetarian was Plato, and his
> "Republic" was a totalitarian society which, among other
> things, would have prohibited music (and poets) because
> they appealed to the emotions (Book X, "The Republic")
>
> Actual studies of vegetarians have found a variety of
> both physiological and psychological disorders associated
> with vegetarianism:
>
> http://www.mhhe.com/catalogs/sem/nut...rticle15.mhtml
> http://www.morehead.org/wellconnected/000049.html
> http://www.umm.edu/patiented/doc49full.html
>

> Ned

HURRAY FOR NED!

I just have this thing for sanctimonious and proselytizing vegetarians
who present their arguments as if everybody else is immoral.

I support ANYONE who desires any sort of a restricted diet, but
the minute they start to tell me what (or who) to eat, they can go
stuff it.

--
Sanford M. Manley
Nonconformists travel as a rule in bunches.

Ben Tremblay

"Ned Ludd" > wrote in message
[...]
> Ned

OMG ... one minute I get mail from Schneck (after ?what? 7 years? 8?
maybe 9?) and then next thing you know I'm reading NL on a.b.s.f.g ...
gawd, ain't the whirled somethin', though?!

:-)

ben aka hfx_ben

http://www.livejournal.com/users/hfx_ben/
http://www.livejournal.com/users/gnodal/

Andrew Boniface

I thought this thread was about that "Ghost in the Machine" business.

In such a spirit I pass on the mantra given to me by my guru (who just
happens to be from the Behaviourist Psychology lineage)

The mind doesn't matter, and the matter doesn't mind.
Ned Ludd

"Andrew Boniface" > wrote in message
om...

> I thought this thread was about that "Ghost in the Machine" business.
> In such a spirit I pass on the mantra given to me by my guru (who
> just happens to be from the Behaviourist Psychology lineage)
> The mind doesn't matter, and the matter doesn't mind.

Holy crap, only ONE Google hit, and that only by dropping
the two the's from it. And from June, 2001. Talking about
dimensions. Correctly, imo, claims that the 5th dimension
(no retro puns on musical groups here, please) is the
"probability field to which the previous 4 are attracted".
(But we talked about this before.)

Ned

I changed my mind Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 3 11-11-2012 04:42 AM
machine with mind milou[_2_] Sourdough 0 25-10-2011 11:28 AM
Mind those chillis!! PeterLucas[_5_] General Cooking 0 29-09-2008 06:41 AM
Meat and Mind Christine H. Barbecue 4 28-03-2004 06:41 AM