Jack Sloan

Default What's popular BBQ in your area?

"F.G. Whitfurrows" > wrote in message

> "Nelson Brooks" > wrote in message
> > I grew up in 'Bama and I ain't never heard of nothin like that but what

> the
> > hell...I'll give it a shot. Its prolly what them lousy Auburn fans

eat.:>)

> > Grammarian par excellence fergat to have a period he does have ellipses
> > which i favor when jottting and when not laughing at homophobes
> >

> You're hopeless. no one expects perfect grammar around here. However, if

you
> are writing a whole goddamned paragraph it would be nice if you could
> punctuate it so the rest of us can actually read it. My guess is that most
> of the guys here would take one look at your silly run-on sentences and

just
> move on to the next post without bothering to read whatever you might have
> to say. At least that's what I'll be doing from now on.
>
> --
> Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
> and his 6" boner

I did it the first time.
Jack

F.G. Whitfurrows

"simply me" > wrote> -------------

> No,but i wish that i'd had.it's sumthin that all Bama fan's should know
> of.
>
> Big Will

I think this guy is one of those Auburn spies that goes around trying to
make the Bama folks look illiterate and uneducated.:>) I'm pretty sure they
teach English at Bama but at Auburn they just teach "Good 'Ol Boy".

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Jack Curry

"F.G. Whitfurrows" > wrote in message
> OK guys, I got the skinny on the white sauce. A place in B'ham called
> D'mitri's might have it. I'm not sure about that but a friend of mine said
> they do.
>
> Other than that it seems to be a Northern Alabama thing, and its used

mostly
> for chicken, I believe. The person I spoke with says she hasn't really

seen
> it anywhere south of Hanceville, AL (wherever the hell that is).
>
> I'll make it and try it and tell y'all all about it. Stay tuned.
>
> --
> Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
> and his 6" boner

Here's a recipe from Steve Raichlen, posted on the K Forum by Scott Franz.
I've made it three times already and think it's just the berries.

Salt & pepper a whole chicken or pieces, cook with smoke on a hot grill
until done, then soak in a mix of the following for 2 or 3 minutes, making
sure the whole bird gets covered. Reserve the sauce and serve on the side
(you'll want more).

Mix together until smooth:
2 cups mayo
1 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup prepared horseradish
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

Jack Curry

simply me

----------
I think this guy is one of those Auburn spies that goes around trying to
make the Bama folks look illiterate and uneducated.:>) I'm pretty sure
they teach English at Bama but at Auburn they just teach "Good 'Ol Boy".
--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner
Still pullin' for the Tide, regardless.
------

Fosco,

I'm nothing but pure Bama here,ALL 400lbs of Big Will. it's that i'm so
far south that i tend to use my slang.oh na fo-sho na on that.just a
little to much. sure i live 15 minutes from auburn univ' and all my
biznazz is done in auburn,but when it come's to football,i'm all
Bama.next football season,if your ever down near 'skegee' look me up and
we'll throw some meat on the Q' and drank a few.

Big Will
Roll Tide Roll

Radar

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:21:28 -0800, "F.G. Whitfurrows"
> wrote:

>OK guys, I got the skinny on the white sauce. A place in B'ham called
>D'mitri's might have it. I'm not sure about that but a friend of mine said
>they do.
>
>Other than that it seems to be a Northern Alabama thing, and its used mostly
>for chicken, I believe. The person I spoke with says she hasn't really seen
>it anywhere south of Hanceville, AL (wherever the hell that is).
>
>I'll make it and try it and tell y'all all about it. Stay tuned.

I grew up in north Alabama. The only restaurant I know of that served
it was Bob Gibson's place in Decatur, just west of Huntsville, and it
was used just for chicken, IIRC. This part of Alabama is mainly pulled
pork country. Most local barbeque places gave you a little cup of a
western North Carolina vinagar sauce on the side.

I made some white sauce a couple of years ago for some grilled (didn't
have the K yet) chicken and it was pretty good. You don't want to use
a lot of it though -- just a few tablespoons is enough for a whole
chicken.

Nelson Brooks

Fat Man
> rock(jerry garcia) it was always a stop before the shows. Still is

whenever we
> head north.
> peace
> jeff

lovely...that man and his pickin marooned me here in SF...