JakBQuik

Default My #7K gets moved today!

Well my new, beautiful K arrived last week. I had no idea those things were
so humongous! The very idea of having to uncrate and move that behemoth up
two stairs, through our basement and out on the deck was hurting my back.
The thing is so heavy that I decided to forgo having my strongest friends
and relatives over for assistance. I would never live it down if one of
them hurt themselves.

So...I've hired a firm that moves pianos. The owner says he has an employee
named "Big Wheel" who weighs over 300 and hefts things in excess of 300 lbs.
all the time.

They will be over about 1 o'clock. I'm anticipating removing the back
hingepin and dropping the springs out of the prop tubes. Then the
weightlifters can move the thing piecemeal.

I'll report back.

John in Austin

BOB

JakBQuik wrote:
> Well my new, beautiful K arrived last week. I had no idea those things were
> so humongous! The very idea of having to uncrate and move that behemoth up
> two stairs, through our basement and out on the deck was hurting my back.
> The thing is so heavy that I decided to forgo having my strongest friends
> and relatives over for assistance. I would never live it down if one of
> them hurt themselves.
>
> So...I've hired a firm that moves pianos. The owner says he has an employee
> named "Big Wheel" who weighs over 300 and hefts things in excess of 300 lbs.
> all the time.
>
> They will be over about 1 o'clock. I'm anticipating removing the back
> hingepin and dropping the springs out of the prop tubes. Then the
> weightlifters can move the thing piecemeal.
>
> I'll report back.
>
> John in Austin

PLEASE!
Open the lid
Tighten the "T" handles to hold the lid open
Remove the springs carefully (they won't be "as" compressed with the lid open)
{my hinge pin(s) isn't removeable, though I have heard that on some 7's and 9's
that it is}
Remove lid carefully (Let Big Wheel do it!)

BOB

JakBQuik

> PLEASE!
> Open the lid
> Tighten the "T" handles to hold the lid open
> Remove the springs carefully (they won't be "as" compressed with the lid

open)
> {my hinge pin(s) isn't removeable, though I have heard that on some 7's

and 9's
> that it is}
> Remove lid carefully (Let Big Wheel do it!)
>
> BOB

Good advice....will do.

John

BOB

JakBQuik wrote:
>> PLEASE!
>> Tighten the "T" handles to hold the lid open
>> Remove the springs carefully (they won't be "as" compressed with the lid

open)

Don't ask me how I know this!

>> BOB
>>

> Good advice....will do.
>
> John

Harry Demidavicius

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:25:53 GMT, "JakBQuik"
> wrote:

>Well my new, beautiful K arrived last week. I had no idea those things were
>so humongous! The very idea of having to uncrate and move that behemoth up
>two stairs, through our basement and out on the deck was hurting my back.
>The thing is so heavy that I decided to forgo having my strongest friends
>and relatives over for assistance. I would never live it down if one of
>them hurt themselves.
>
>So...I've hired a firm that moves pianos. The owner says he has an employee
>named "Big Wheel" who weighs over 300 and hefts things in excess of 300 lbs.
>all the time.
>
>They will be over about 1 o'clock. I'm anticipating removing the back
>hingepin and dropping the springs out of the prop tubes. Then the
>weightlifters can move the thing piecemeal.
>
>I'll report back.
>
>John in Austin

Smartest move you ever made. It took a 4 man team of professional
movers with belts to hike my #7 off the van and down onto my lower
deck when we moved to our present home two years ago.

Harry

Babelcarp has moved Lewis Perin Tea 2 11-08-2011 07:05 PM
Trader Joe's moved to my neighborhood Nancy Young[_3_] General Cooking 36 28-03-2011 01:40 AM
Improved Winemaking has moved Ben Rotter Winemaking 1 22-02-2006 11:21 AM
rfpFAQ has MOVED SCUBApix Preserving 1 28-11-2005 12:21 AM
AD; Cable beveage has moved Daniel Foley Beer 0 26-03-2005 01:59 PM