Robert

Default Advice for the Trolls from a (Pseudo) Vegetarian

But NOT a troll.

I've been browsing this group for about a week now. Even made a post a
couple days ago requesting advice on how to use my smoker grill while
abstaining from meat.

I got some great responses from the fine folks in this newsgroup, THANKS!

As for the trolls in this newsgroup. I don't get it. Do they really think
that irritating people will make them NOT want to eat meat? I "CHOOSE" not
to eat meat for my own personal reasons. And I'll be honest, my "personal
reasons" do coincide with what you trolls are saying. I just don't feel a
need to SHOVE my beliefs down the throats of others. It seems to me that
that would only make them gag and puke it back out!

There are almost 300 million people living in the United States (I'm
assuming most people in this newsgroup are US citizens, please don't be
offended if you are not) and it's ridiculous to expect ALL of them to adapt
a vegetarian life style. It would be GREAT if we all did, but in reality
that is simply a pipe-dream. It's never going to happen.

So, what should you do? Why infilitrate a newsgroup simply to **** people
off? What does that accomplish? It seems to me that most people have
negative conotations of vegetarians to begin with; why would you want to
add fuel to that fire?

Wouldn't a more constructive means of converting others to vegetarianism
(is that a word?) be to focus on a group of people who may already have
those ideals in the first place, but just need some encouragement? There
must be an alt.environmentalism newsgroup or something similar out there. I
would think posting there would have greater results. I've been struggling
with being a vegetarian for a couple years now, and would be much more
inclined to read these posts in an appropriate newsgroup than simply
reading them when they OBVIOUSLY only posted to get a negative reaction!

It seems to me that you trolls only care about ****ing off meat-eaters and
not educating those who you may ACTUALLY have an influence on.

I honestly think you would have much more success converting people by
making the same posts in:

rec.music.gdead (THE GREATEST BAND OF ALL TIME!)
talk.environment
rec.music.phish
alt.politics.greens

I'm sure there are a thousand similar newsgroups out there, most of which
probably have TONS of people like me in them! People who have been
teetering on the fence of vegetarianism for quite some time and just need
that little push. Why not focus on US, rather than simply try to irritate
people?

I think you should view the situation as if it were a Political Campaign.
This is pertinent since we currently are about to begin a Political race bt
george bush and whoever emerges from the Democratic Race. Who will they
target when they campaign? Do you honestly think bush will be campaigning
in STRONG democratic states? NO! Do you think Kerry (or whoever wins) will
spend millions of dollars trying to convince the Rush Limbaughs of the
world to vote for him? OF COURSE NOT!

Find your target audience! If you TROLLS honestly wanted to make a
difference you would be targeting people like ME and not harassing others!

It's that simple! I need the encouragement! I need the information!

I noticed one guy responds to you trolls by posting recipes, and to be
honest his lamb meat recipe looks VERY enticing! This recipe probably
wouldn't have been posted here had you NOT TROLLED this newsgroup.
Being a struggling vegetarian I must say that you just made it MUCH MORE
difficult for me because that recipe looks REALLY good and I've never
cooked lamb before.

Here's the recipe again:

2 racks of lamb (8 ribs each)
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper

Trim racks of all visible fat. Combine remaining ingredients and mix
well. Spread mixture over lamb ans set aside (or marinate in the
refrigerator for up to 1 day). Preheat grill. Place lamb on grill over
medium high heat and sear for a couple of minutes per side, reduce
heat or move off of direct heat and continue grilling until the
internal temperature reaches 140 to 150 degrees (about 10 minutes per
side).

I'm willing to bet that by BEING a contributing member of this group and
getting to know the regulars I could have MUCH MORE of an influence than
some asshole telling them what they should and shouldn't eat. If people get
to know me and find out WHY I'm a struggling vegetarian, they too 'might'
be more open to the idea. I would NEVER force my beliefs on someone else!
Like I said, I made a post here a couple days ago and said UPFRONT that I'm
a vegetarian (but not a troll) and wanted some advice from this newsgroup.
They seemed VERY willing to work with me. Isn't that a better process than
trying to **** people off? I would think that garnering some respect would
produce much greater results when you are trying to "educate" people about
the meat/vegetarian/environmental damage issue.

Just some Food For Thought!

Have a nice day!

Robert
Kevin S. Wilson

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 18:03:53 GMT, Robert >
wrote:

>But NOT a troll.

Uh-huh. I might've believed you the first time, but not after reading
this post.

Not bad, actually. I give it high points for subtlety, especially the
quiet manner in which you worked in politics (including Rush Limbaugh)
and an implicit comparison between Phish and the Grateful Dead,
proclaiming the latter to be the greatest band in the world. That line
alone ought to garner a few follow-ups.

Not sure why you reposted the lamb recipe though. That seemed like
gratuitous padding of an already lengthy attempt at trolling.

<snip>

>I'm willing to bet that by BEING a contributing member of this group and
>getting to know the regulars I could have MUCH MORE of an influence than
>some asshole telling them what they should and shouldn't eat.

You'd lose that bet, for reasons I explain below.

>If people get
>to know me and find out WHY I'm a struggling vegetarian, they too 'might'
>be more open to the idea.

If your idea of contributing to the group is posting long-winded
arguments about vegetarianism, the only thing people will get to know
about you is what they need to know to put you in a killfile. The same
is true if the long-winded arguments are merely attempts at trolling,
which I believe them to be.

You'll deny you're trolling, of course. When you do, I'll remind you
of a couple harsh facts:

1. This newsgroup is for discussing grilling and smoking.

2. I don't give a damn what you eat, or why, and I'm even less
interested in reading 100+ lines about your "struggle" to become a
vegetarian. I suspect I'm not alone in having this attitude.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
Robert

Kevin S. Wilson > wrote in
:

> On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 18:03:53 GMT, Robert >
> wrote:
>
>>But NOT a troll.

> Uh-huh. I might've believed you the first time, but not after reading
> this post.
>
> Not bad, actually. I give it high points for subtlety, especially the
> quiet manner in which you worked in politics (including Rush Limbaugh)
> and an implicit comparison between Phish and the Grateful Dead,
> proclaiming the latter to be the greatest band in the world. That line
> alone ought to garner a few follow-ups.
>
> Not sure why you reposted the lamb recipe though. That seemed like
> gratuitous padding of an already lengthy attempt at trolling.
>
> <snip>
>
>>I'm willing to bet that by BEING a contributing member of this group
>>and getting to know the regulars I could have MUCH MORE of an
>>influence than some asshole telling them what they should and
>>shouldn't eat.

> You'd lose that bet, for reasons I explain below.
>
>>If people get
>>to know me and find out WHY I'm a struggling vegetarian, they too
>>'might' be more open to the idea.

> If your idea of contributing to the group is posting long-winded
> arguments about vegetarianism, the only thing people will get to know
> about you is what they need to know to put you in a killfile. The same
> is true if the long-winded arguments are merely attempts at trolling,
> which I believe them to be.
>
> You'll deny you're trolling, of course. When you do, I'll remind you
> of a couple harsh facts:
>
> 1. This newsgroup is for discussing grilling and smoking.
>
> 2. I don't give a damn what you eat, or why, and I'm even less
> interested in reading 100+ lines about your "struggle" to become a
> vegetarian. I suspect I'm not alone in having this attitude.

WOW! That was not the reaction I was expecting! I stand by my post 100% and
feel you are intentionally reading too much into it. Perhaps I should have
said the Grateful Dead were the best band ever "IN MY OPINION" and then you
could have slept better tonight!

My post was addressed to the TROLLS of this newsgroup, NOT YOU!

If you want to take it out of context and run with it and whine and cry
that is YOUR business!

You do what you want.

I stand behind my post 100% I meant every word I said.

I made a sincere post, you turned it into something else. That was YOUR
choice. Maybe you like the trolls and want them here so you can have
someone to argue with.

Sorry, but I'm NOT that person.
Robert

And another thing dumbass,

I made my original post in rec.food.cooking and they recommended that I
repost it here to get better advice! You can search there if You want. I
came here from the advice of others in that newsgroup.

They said there were alot of trolls here and to chose my words carefully,
Which I did. Unfortunately ASSHOLES like you just want to argue even if you
don't have a cause!
Jack Sloan

> My post was addressed to the TROLLS of this newsgroup, NOT YOU!
>
> And you said you had been lurking for a while. Kevin is "THE" AFB

troll... . except that we really don't know what a troll is...yet.(according
to Kevin)
Jack.

AG

Welcome to the group. So far, I don't see that you have done anything that,
to me, would say troll. I would suggest that there is no need to admonish
the trolls. I feel that they are probably not really vegans in the first
place. Just jerks looking to start fires.
I think the best way to handle them is what was said a few days ago
I'll be happy to ignore the posts . . . until I see someone who knows better
feeding the trolls. That means you, Monroe. And the knife guy,and everybody
else who feeds the troll and then says, "Oh, I know I should resist."

I am looking forward to some other ways to cook veggies.

Robert

"Jack Sloan" > wrote in
:

>> My post was addressed to the TROLLS of this newsgroup, NOT YOU!
>>
>> And you said you had been lurking for a while. Kevin is "THE" AFB

> troll... . except that we really don't know what a troll
> is...yet.(according to Kevin)
> Jack.

What is an AFB troll?

I didn't come to this group to troll.

I came here for advice. (And got some GREAT advice, for which I'm thankful)

I'm still here, I'll be here tomarrow, and next week, month, maybe even
next year etc...

If this Kevin guy wants to be an asshole to me, then that's HIS perogative!

I make my posts, and have been completely honest while making them. I'm a
vegetarian looking to acquire knowledge from everyone here, and hopefully
I'll be able to contribute more knowledge to this group as I learn.

I don't know what an AFB troll is, but If kevin has a problem with me, F#$K
Him!

Evert Post I have made in the last week have been made with 100% sincerity.

Have A Nice Day,

Robert

Jack Sloan

"Robert" > wrote in message
92.32...
> "Jack Sloan" > wrote in
> :
>

> >> My post was addressed to the TROLLS of this newsgroup, NOT YOU!
> >>
> >> And you said you had been lurking for a while. Kevin is "THE" AFB

> > troll... . except that we really don't know what a troll
> > is...yet.(according to Kevin)
> > Jack.
> >

> What is an AFB troll?
>
> I didn't come to this group to troll.
>
> I came here for advice. (And got some GREAT advice, for which I'm

thankful)

> I'm still here, I'll be here tomarrow, and next week, month, maybe even
> next year etc...
>
> If this Kevin guy wants to be an asshole to me, then that's HIS

perogative!

> I make my posts, and have been completely honest while making them. I'm a
> vegetarian looking to acquire knowledge from everyone here, and hopefully
> I'll be able to contribute more knowledge to this group as I learn.
>
> I don't know what an AFB troll is, but If kevin has a problem with me,

F#$K
> Him!
>

> Evert Post I have made in the last week have been made with 100%

sincerity.

> Have A Nice Day,
>
> Robert

You write very well, but there's something lacking in your reading. At least
you didn't comprehend MY post. BTW (by the way) you are posting in
afb...alt.foods.barbcue. Kevin is afb's leading (and according to him--best)
troll.
I made no mention of you being a troll.
Jack

Robert

> I am looking forward to some other ways to cook veggies.

That is why I came here!

Unfortunately, Kevin felt the need to label me a troll in the process.

I heard that this group had a ton of Veg trolls before I even posted here.
I wanted to seperate myself from that and be a TRUE contributer to this
group. OTOH, kevin felt some dire need to shove me into that circle of
people so he could have someone to argue with. I'm not sure what kevin's
problem is, but he obviously has one. I'm here, and he's just going to have
to deal with it!

I'm not trolling. I've made about six or seven posts in the last week, all
of which were completely sincere. Anyone who reads them can see that.

Like I've said, I am a vegetarian. I realize the rest of the world isn't!
I do not try to force my beliefs on others. I'm here to gather and share
knowledge!

Hell, If I must prove myself I can post a recipe for Grilled Salmon with a
Green Ginger Sauce that will Blow You guys away! I can give you the Recipe
for my Jalapeno Wine and recommend uses for it on various meats, Pork,
Venison, Steak, mixing it with spaghetti sauce etc....

I think I have A LOT to contribute to this group! Especially being 100%
Polish and having being raised making home-made Kielbasa, Polish Sausage,
Brats, etc...

When I was a little boy, my dad made a smoker out of an old refrigerator.
He smoked some FABULOUS FOODS! Holy Crap! He also converted an old chicken-
coup and a different old ref. into a cold smoker! He smoked just about
every meat imaginable!

I'm not my dad, and could never duplicate what he did with the same
results, but I do have some seeds of knowledge instilled in me by just
watching him as a child.

And despite Kevin's offense to me being a vegetarian, I would LOVE to share
my knowledge (and learn more from) the experts in this group!
Robert

"Jack Sloan" > wrote in
:

> "Robert" > wrote in message
> 92.32...
>> "Jack Sloan" > wrote in
>> :

>> > troll... . except that we really don't know what a troll
>> > is...yet.(according to Kevin)
>> > Jack.
>> >

>> What is an AFB troll?
>>
>> I didn't come to this group to troll.
>>
>> I came here for advice. (And got some GREAT advice, for which I'm

> thankful)
>>
>> I'm still here, I'll be here tomarrow, and next week, month, maybe
>> even next year etc...
>>
>> If this Kevin guy wants to be an asshole to me, then that's HIS

> perogative!
>>
>> I make my posts, and have been completely honest while making them.
>> I'm a vegetarian looking to acquire knowledge from everyone here, and
>> hopefully I'll be able to contribute more knowledge to this group as
>> I learn.
>>
>> I don't know what an AFB troll is, but If kevin has a problem with
>> me,

> F#$K
>> Him!
>>

>> Evert Post I have made in the last week have been made with 100%

> sincerity.
>>
>> Have A Nice Day,
>>
>> Robert
>>

> You write very well, but there's something lacking in your reading. At
> least you didn't comprehend MY post. BTW (by the way) you are posting
> in afb...alt.foods.barbcue. Kevin is afb's leading (and according to
> him--best) troll.
> I made no mention of you being a troll.
> Jack

aaah, that clarify's it! Thank You!

For a while there I felt like this entire newsgroup thought of me as just
another Vegetarian Troll. I can Assure You I am not! I've been here for a
few days now and if you read my posts I think that is quite evident.
Evident to everyone EXCEPT Kevin.

AG

snip

If I must prove myself I can post a recipe for Grilled Salmon with a
> Green Ginger Sauce that will Blow You guys away! I can give you the Recipe
> for my Jalapeno Wine and recommend uses for it on various meats, Pork,
> Venison, Steak, mixing it with spaghetti sauce etc....

No need to prove yourself to me, BUT if you must, I won't be offended to get
the Salmon recipe ;-)

A smoker out of an old fridge? Wouldn't have thought of that.

ag

John O

> For a while there I felt like this entire newsgroup thought of me as just
> another Vegetarian Troll. I can Assure You I am not!

It wouldn't hurt to stay away from Vegetable Philosophy as a subject.
Nothing wrong with veggies, just so long as them pigs get plenty of 'em. ;-)

-John O

Robert

"AG" > wrote in
:

> snip
>
> If I must prove myself I can post a recipe for Grilled Salmon with a
>> Green Ginger Sauce that will Blow You guys away! I can give you the
>> Recipe for my Jalapeno Wine and recommend uses for it on various
>> meats, Pork, Venison, Steak, mixing it with spaghetti sauce etc....

> No need to prove yourself to me, BUT if you must, I won't be offended
> to get the Salmon recipe ;-)
>
> A smoker out of an old fridge? Wouldn't have thought of that.
>
> ag

Yea, my dad made this AWESOME smoker (mostly for Polish Sausage, Fish and
Venison) out of an Old fridge. It worked great! He built a shed around it,
and it became a walk in smoker!! GOD! That was some great food to grow up
with!!!!

The only problem was that at that time we were living in the city and they
had fire ordinances....so they shut it down. My dad (God rest his soul) was
like McGiever! (spelling?) He could take an old 49 pickup, a rusty
refrigerator, Two sticks of gum, a paper clip and some duckt tape and make
the best cold smoker you've ever seen! It was truely an AMAZING Talent!

That being said, here's my recipe for the Salmon. Actually, I can't take
credit for the recipe since I found it on the internet somewhere...no idea
where...just found it and have used it many times....It's my "first date"
meal; when I'm with a girl that I really like I'll make this meal, throw
in a couple glasses of wine and watch the movie, "Harold and
Maude".....I've had great results!

Tex-Mex

"Robert" > wrote in message
92.32...
> But NOT a troll.

<snip>
> Like I said, I made a post here a couple days ago and said UPFRONT that

I'm
> a vegetarian (but not a troll) and wanted some advice from this newsgroup.
> They seemed VERY willing to work with me. Isn't that a better process than
> trying to **** people off? I would think that garnering some respect would
> produce much greater results when you are trying to "educate" people about
> the meat/vegetarian/environmental damage issue.
>

> Just some Food For Thought!
>
> Have a nice day!
>
> Robert

The purpose of the newsgroup is to discuss barbecue
and only barbecue. If you want to discuss methods
to barbecue veggies that's ok, but this is not
alt.food.barbecue.proselytize.vegetarians nor is it
alt.food.barbecue.conservative.liberal.politics
The content of this post is very confrontational
and not in keeping with the spirit of the group.
Please do contribute your recipes and cooking advice
and you should be well received.
Sincerely,
Tex

P.S.
It is wrong to put the name of the President
in lower case or to re-arrange it like "Klinton"
just because you don't like him. You need to have
respect for the Office of President regardless of
political affiliation. It was wrong when it was done
to President Clinton and is just as wrong to do to
President Bush.

Robert

"Tex-Mex" > wrote in
. com:

> "Robert" > wrote in message
> 92.32...
>> But NOT a troll.
>>

> <snip>
>> Like I said, I made a post here a couple days ago and said UPFRONT
>> that

> I'm
>> a vegetarian (but not a troll) and wanted some advice from this
>> newsgroup. They seemed VERY willing to work with me. Isn't that a
>> better process than trying to **** people off? I would think that
>> garnering some respect would produce much greater results when you
>> are trying to "educate" people about the
>> meat/vegetarian/environmental damage issue.
>>

>> Just some Food For Thought!
>>
>> Have a nice day!
>>
>> Robert
>>

> The purpose of the newsgroup is to discuss barbecue
> and only barbecue. If you want to discuss methods
> to barbecue veggies that's ok, but this is not
> alt.food.barbecue.proselytize.vegetarians nor is it
> alt.food.barbecue.conservative.liberal.politics
> The content of this post is very confrontational
> and not in keeping with the spirit of the group.
> Please do contribute your recipes and cooking advice
> and you should be well received.
> Sincerely,
> Tex
>
> P.S.
> It is wrong to put the name of the President
> in lower case or to re-arrange it like "Klinton"
> just because you don't like him. You need to have
> respect for the Office of President regardless of
> political affiliation. It was wrong when it was done
> to President Clinton and is just as wrong to do to
> President Bush.

Point taken.
I will try my best to respect that.

Thank you!

Also, Please keep in mind that the good people (person...kevin) of THIS
group called me a troll for now justworthy reason.

In turn, I became somewhat defensive, but If you feel a need to admonish
me, you should FAIRLY admonish the TROLL (Kevin) who made this an
arquement in the first place!

Robert

Michael

"Robert" > wrote in message
92.32...
> And another thing dumbass,
>
> I made my original post in rec.food.cooking and they recommended that I
> repost it here to get better advice! You can search there if You want. I
> came here from the advice of others in that newsgroup.
>
> They said there were alot of trolls here and to chose my words carefully,
> Which I did. Unfortunately ASSHOLES like you just want to argue even if

you
> don't have a cause!

Oh I think you'll fit right in with the rest of us crazies.

Tex-Mex

"Robert" > wrote in message
92.32...
> "Tex-Mex" > wrote in
> . com:

..
> > Please do contribute your recipes and cooking advice
> > and you should be well received.
> > Sincerely,
> > Tex
> >
> > P.S.
> > It is wrong to put the name of the President
> > in lower case or to re-arrange it like "Klinton"
> > just because you don't like him. You need to have
> > respect for the Office of President regardless of
> > political affiliation. It was wrong when it was done
> > to President Clinton and is just as wrong to do to
> > President Bush.
> >

> Point taken.
> I will try my best to respect that.
>
> Thank you!
>

> Also, Please keep in mind that the good people (person...kevin) of THIS
> group called me a troll for now justworthy reason.
>

> In turn, I became somewhat defensive, but If you feel a need to admonish
> me, you should FAIRLY admonish the TROLL (Kevin) who made this an
> arquement in the first place!
>

> Robert

I know how you feel about it but please
don't let it upset to you so much.
It's really bad for your Spirit.

Michael

"Robert" > wrote in message
92.32...
> aaah, that clarify's it! Thank You!
>
> For a while there I felt like this entire newsgroup thought of me as just
> another Vegetarian Troll. I can Assure You I am not! I've been here for a
> few days now and if you read my posts I think that is quite evident.
> Evident to everyone EXCEPT Kevin.

Grow a thicker skin, slow down on your reading, count to ten before
responding in kind...you'll get to be a regular.

Default User

Robert wrote:

> And another thing dumbass,

This doesn't help your point any. In fact it (for me) has you on the
thin edge of plonkdom.

> I made my original post in rec.food.cooking and they recommended that I
> repost it here to get better advice! You can search there if You want. I
> came here from the advice of others in that newsgroup.

Just because someone recommended that you come here doesn't mean you are
posting appropriately.

> They said there were alot of trolls here and to chose my words carefully,
> Which I did.

Actually, you chose very poor words. Had you been keeping up, you'd know
that in all likelyhood the troll posts are not designed to convert
anyone, but are meant to harass and annoy the people here. Your post
helped not at all. It only exacerbated the problem.

> Unfortunately ASSHOLES like you just want to argue even if you
> don't have a cause!

I believe that Kevin was incorrect to decide you were a troll, however
your personal attacks on him for what you should be able to realize is a
volatile situation is inappropriate. You should apologize.

Brian Rodenborn
Kevin S. Wilson

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 18:40:09 GMT, Robert >
wrote:

>WOW! That was not the reaction I was expecting! I stand by my post 100% and
>feel you are intentionally reading too much into it. Perhaps I should have
>said the Grateful Dead were the best band ever "IN MY OPINION" and then you
>could have slept better tonight!
>
>My post was addressed to the TROLLS of this newsgroup, NOT YOU!

Son, you are posting to a discussion group distributed worldwide. If
you don't want responses to your posts, then don't post.

>If you want to take it out of context and run with it and whine and cry
>that is YOUR business!

I think it's pretty clear who is whining and crying here. I can almost
hear your sobs of self-pity. Sensitive joker, aren't you?

>You do what you want.

I was unaware I needed your permission.

>I stand behind my post 100% I meant every word I said.

Surrrrrre you did.

>I made a sincere post, you turned it into something else. That was YOUR
>choice. Maybe you like the trolls and want them here so you can have
>someone to argue with.
>
>Sorry, but I'm NOT that person.

I figured you would deny that you were trolling, so I told you that
when you did I would remind you of two harsh facts. Here they are
again.

1. This newsgroup is for discussing grilling and smoking.

2. I don't give a damn what you eat, or why, and I'm even less
interested in reading 100+ lines about your "struggle" to become a
vegetarian. I suspect I'm not alone in having this attitude.

Why would you think anyone here would be interested in watching you
debate some anonymous poster of flame-bait?

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology

AG

The recipe didn't come through. Could you stick it back up? Thanks
ag

Nathan Lau

Robert wrote:

....a big, long rant...

The trolls do not want to convert us over to their opinion. They are
just here to stir up trouble and draw the newsgroup off topic for the
fun of it. This newsgroup is alt.food.barbecue but if most of the posts
are about how much we dislike the troll and how are we gonna run him
down, then it becomes next to useless.

Your rant has also exposed you to possibly being spoofed in another
vegetarian thread.

PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS. Learn to use your killfile. Best way to
make them go away is not to play their game.

Now get out there and start smokin'!
--
Aloha,

Nathan Lau
San Jose, CA

#include <std.disclaimer>
Monroe, of course...

In article >, "AG"
> wrote:

> I think the best way to handle them is what was said a few days ago
> I'll be happy to ignore the posts . . . until I see someone who knows better
> feeding the trolls. That means you, Monroe. And the knife guy,and everybody
> else who feeds the troll and then says, "Oh, I know I should resist."

You're quoting Kevin there.
BTW , I've NEVER said "Oh, I know I should resist."
NEVER. Not once. I think the word is 'unrepentant'?
Haven't answered any troll posts in a while, either. The last one i
remember any discourse with left months ago and never has been heard
from again.
I don't think Fos has bitten any trollbait recently either.
Sometimes the schoolmarm just picks victims at random when she can't
catch the real culprits. Oh well, I'm an example then. Wow. cool.
Great.
Whatever the case-this group's FUN quotient has severely decreased as
of late.

monroe(ain't my fault the trolls have won)
AG

My appologies to you Monroe, should have snipped your name out. Just thought
that the idea of ignoring the trolls was a good one.

ag

Kevin S. Wilson

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 23:25:54 GMT, "Monroe, of course..."
> wrote:

>In article >, "AG"
> wrote:
>
>> I think the best way to handle them is what was said a few days ago
>> I'll be happy to ignore the posts . . . until I see someone who knows better
>> feeding the trolls. That means you, Monroe. And the knife guy,and everybody
>> else who feeds the troll and then says, "Oh, I know I should resist."

>You're quoting Kevin there.
>BTW , I've NEVER said "Oh, I know I should resist."
>NEVER. Not once. I think the word is 'unrepentant'?
>Haven't answered any troll posts in a while, either. The last one i
>remember any discourse with left months ago and never has been heard
>from again.
>I don't think Fos has bitten any trollbait recently either.
>Sometimes the schoolmarm just picks victims at random when she can't
>catch the real culprits. Oh well, I'm an example then. Wow. cool.
>Great.
>Whatever the case-this group's FUN quotient has severely decreased as
>of late.

You might try approaching Usenet with a sense of humor. Just because a
post isn't littered with "LOL" and a bunch of dumb-ass smilies doesn't
mean it is to be taken entirely seriously. I've seen you respond to
flame-bait, and I've seen Fos do it, too, so I thought I would needle
both of you a bit while using you as handy examples.

Like I say, a sense of humor helps.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology
Jack Sloan

"Monroe, of course..." > wrote in message
> In article >, "AG"
> > wrote:
>
> > I think the best way to handle them is what was said a few days ago
> > I'll be happy to ignore the posts . . . until I see someone who knows

better
> > feeding the trolls. That means you, Monroe. And the knife guy,and

everybody
> > else who feeds the troll and then says, "Oh, I know I should resist."

> You're quoting Kevin there.
> BTW , I've NEVER said "Oh, I know I should resist."
> NEVER. Not once. I think the word is 'unrepentant'?
> Haven't answered any troll posts in a while, either. The last one i
> remember any discourse with left months ago and never has been heard
> from again.
> I don't think Fos has bitten any trollbait recently either.
> Sometimes the schoolmarm just picks victims at random when she can't
> catch the real culprits. Oh well, I'm an example then. Wow. cool.
> Great.
> Whatever the case-this group's FUN quotient has severely decreased as
> of late.
>
> monroe(ain't my fault the trolls have won)

Like you said if ya hadn't done it this time you'da done it next time...mee
too.
Jack (ain't no trolls winnin')

"Monroe, of course..." wrote:

> monroe(ain't my fault the trolls have won)

I don't think the trolls have one by a long shot. I think we're getting
people to agree that ignoring them is the best policy. We've had a
couple of long threads here, but they haven't been responding to the
trolls exactly, they've been debating policy.

Brian Rodenborn
TFM®

"Robert" > wrote

> > You write very well, but there's something lacking in your reading. At
> > least you didn't comprehend MY post. BTW (by the way) you are posting
> > in afb...alt.foods.barbcue. Kevin is afb's leading (and according to
> > him--best) troll.
> > I made no mention of you being a troll.
> > Jack
> >

> aaah, that clarify's it! Thank You!
>
> For a while there I felt like this entire newsgroup thought of me as just
> another Vegetarian Troll. I can Assure You I am not! I've been here for a
> few days now and if you read my posts I think that is quite evident.
> Evident to everyone EXCEPT Kevin.

Don't mention Kevin. Don't **** with him. It's like fighting city hall.
You may be right, but your opponent will never give in and has much more
free time to sustain a prolonged battle.

TFM® - I like tofu!

F.G. Whitfurrows

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 18:03:53 GMT, Robert >
> wrote:
>
> >But NOT a troll.

> Uh-huh. I might've believed you the first time, but not after reading
> this post.

<snip the rest of the hook sinking>

Kevin,
Please do not feed the trolls.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

F.G. Whitfurrows

"AG" > wrote

That means you, Monroe. And the knife guy,and everybody
> else who feeds the troll and then says, "Oh, I know I should resist."

You my little friend, have not been here long enough to know me as "The
Knife Guy". Do us all a favor and use your own words, please.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

AG

I wince to ponder how you got that name. I don't think I want to know. I
actually thought that refered to the post second to the top of that thread
who talked about taking knives to veggies.
I will endeavor to be more selective in my clips.

I beg your pardon as I meant no offense to you,

ag

AG

Looks pretty tasty
thanks
It appears I have offended a few people today.
That was not my goal.
My goal was simply to welcome you to the group and to agree (apparently with
Kevin) that if someone thinks a message is from a troll the best response is
to ignore it.
I guess we both have some things to learn about this group.

take care
ag

F.G. Whitfurrows

"Robert" > wrote

>you should FAIRLY admonish the TROLL (Kevin) >who made this an
> arquement in the first place!

Snicker...<bseg>

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

F.G. Whitfurrows

"Robert" > wrote in message
92.32...
> "Tex-Mex" > wrote in
> . com:
>

> > "Robert" > wrote in message
> > 92.32...
> >> But NOT a troll.
> >>

> > <snip>
> >> Like I said, I made a post here a couple days ago and said UPFRONT
> >> that

> > I'm
> >> a vegetarian (but not a troll) and wanted some advice from this
> >> newsgroup. They seemed VERY willing to work with me. Isn't that a
> >> better process than trying to **** people off? I would think that
> >> garnering some respect would produce much greater results when you
> >> are trying to "educate" people about the
> >> meat/vegetarian/environmental damage issue.
> >>

> >> Just some Food For Thought!
> >>
> >> Have a nice day!
> >>
> >> Robert
> >>

> > The purpose of the newsgroup is to discuss barbecue
> > and only barbecue. If you want to discuss methods
> > to barbecue veggies that's ok, but this is not
> > alt.food.barbecue.proselytize.vegetarians nor is it
> > alt.food.barbecue.conservative.liberal.politics
> > The content of this post is very confrontational
> > and not in keeping with the spirit of the group.
> > Please do contribute your recipes and cooking advice
> > and you should be well received.
> > Sincerely,
> > Tex
> >
> > P.S.
> > It is wrong to put the name of the President
> > in lower case or to re-arrange it like "Klinton"
> > just because you don't like him. You need to have
> > respect for the Office of President regardless of
> > political affiliation. It was wrong when it was done
> > to President Clinton and is just as wrong to do to
> > President Bush.
> >

> Point taken.
> I will try my best to respect that.
>
> Thank you!
>

> Also, Please keep in mind that the good people (person...kevin) of THIS
> group called me a troll for now justworthy reason.
>

> In turn, I became somewhat defensive, but If you feel a need to admonish
> me, you should FAIRLY admonish the TROLL (Kevin) who made this an
> arquement in the first place!
>

> Robert

Methinks you'll be called "Chuckles" for that one.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

M&M

On 29-Jan-2004, Robert > wrote:

<snip a bunch here>

> And despite Kevin's offense to me being a vegetarian, I would LOVE to
> share
> my knowledge (and learn more from) the experts in this group!

Contrary to the general theme here, we're all about smoking and grilling
period. Not just meat, but vegetables as well. My archive from ABF
includes many pictures of grilled and smoked vegetables. The real
expertise seems to be centered around meat though, so any knowledge
you can pass on here will be appreciated. As for Kevin, the best thing
to do is just shut him off. He'll be the first to tell you that he knows
everything and has no need for advice from any of us.

M&M
Robert

"M&M" > wrote in
:

As for Kevin, the best thing
> to do is just shut him off. He'll be the first to tell you that he knows
> everything and has no need for advice from any of us.
>
> M&M

See? I'm already learning! LOL!
Kevin S. Wilson

***********REPOST*********

From: "The Fat Man®˛°°ł" >
Newsgroups: alt.food.barbecue
Subject: Oak wood chunks available in Ocala FL?
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 06:02:25 -0400

When you get off 75, turn east which is labeled south and go to Martin
Luther Koon Blvd and take a left.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
******************************

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology
Steve Wertz

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 00:19:10 GMT, "TFM®"
> wrote:

>TFM® - I like tofu!

Now that you're so friggen skinny, your new name moniker is
"ToFuMan".

-sw