Default Thanksgiving for temporary curmudgeons

> Balloons are often NOT good for childrens' hospitals, due to the risk of
> latex allergies. Mylar balloons are okay, AFAIK.

Oh, for the love of God. I've heard it all, now. I think you're mistaken,
possibly a fool, and have your head up that well-known orifice.

Frankly, I am sick to tears of everybody in the world suddenly coming up
with an "allergy" for everything from floorwax to Cracker Jack. In fact,
before about ten years ago, I never heard of any such "allergies" to
anything apart from the usual - nuts, bee stings, etc.

A while back, I saw some joker post in a Disney World group that she wanted
to go to the head of every queue because her son had an allergy to peanut
butter, and was worried that he'd ( insert allergic reaction here ) if he
passed someone in line who'd eaten a peanut butter sandwich. Either get over
it, get some medicine for it, or stay at home, but stop asking the world to
change to suit you.

Brian Baresch

>I don't know about where anyone else lives, but the soup kitchens I
>know of have to turn away volunteers on the holidays, too many people
>show up.

Yep, then the other 363 days of the year they're scrambling for help.

--
Brian P. Baresch
Fort Worth, Texas, USA

If you're going through hell, keep going. --Winston Churchill
John O

> I'm just glad you
> didn't pounce on my stupid statement earlier, in which I referred to
> Michigan as a state, rather than a province. I don't know what I was
> thinking. Not enough coffee, I guess.

Huh??

John O

Nancy Young

Brian Baresch wrote:

> >I don't know about where anyone else lives, but the soup kitchens I
> >know of have to turn away volunteers on the holidays, too many people
> >show up.

> Yep, then the other 363 days of the year they're scrambling for help.

I know. I was going to say that, but I don't volunteer, so who am I
to say. I donate, but I don't volunteer.

nancy (not proud)

Kevin S. Wilson

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 21:29:40 GMT, "Thomas Mooney"
> wrote:

>Kevin S. Wilson > wrote in message
.. .

>> Why, yes you did! You said, "Oh do tell what town you live in? I'm in
>> Michigan." That infers that you think MIchigan is a town.

><throat-clearing sounds>
>
>Actually, knowing how exacting you are about language usage, I'm sure you
>meant to say "that implies that you think Michigan is a town". To which she
>would perhaps reply "you inferred that I think Michigan is a town".

Ordinarily--because that is how things are done on the USENET--I would
invite you to look up the words at dictionary.com. But since you
already know what the words mean, and the differences between the two,
I will instead invite you to read my posts in this thread closely,
then google on YHBT.

>Would this be an appropriate point to drop the name of the town Michigan
>City, Indiana?
>
>No need to thank me. <g>

Oh, it's my pleasure, believe me.

>Oh, to get on-topic: I went to my local lump purveyor today. I arrived
>while the management was out to lunch and the office was being "run" by two
>guys from the warehouse. Said I wanted five 20 pound bags. Paid for five
>20 pound bags. The guy brings a hand truck out to my car. I'm a bit
>distracted and puzzled that it seems a tighter fit than usual. When I get
>home I notice that he brought out five 40 pound bags.
>
>So, I'm left with this moral dilemma: do it make another 35 mile round-trip
>to correct the error? I'm thinking I probably won't. I'll just have to
>hope that the local supreme being was as distracted as I.
>
>Oh yeah, stopped on the way home and picked up four butts totaling 33
>pounds.

What moral dilemma? You can overlook a mistake now and then. If on
your next visit you order 40# bags and they give you 20# bags, that's
when you cannot continue to overlook their mistakes.

PS: I'm just kidding. You're a thief and you are going to hell.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
Whosetitanelbow

Kevin S. Wilson > schreef in
berichtnieuws...news:niharv85ctrqlqg1n6m31ov3g2mtn :

> I'm just glad you
> didn't pounce on my stupid statement earlier, in which I referred to
> Michigan as a state, rather than a province.

IT'S A REPUBLIC NOT A DEMOCRAZY!

--
"So the gamers and the scammers say it's the fault of the critics who tried
to carve through the mumbo-jumbo in the first place." -- Josh Marshall
Kevin S. Wilson

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 21:48:58 GMT, "John O"
> wrote:

>> I'm just glad you
>> didn't pounce on my stupid statement earlier, in which I referred to
>> Michigan as a state, rather than a province. I don't know what I was
>> thinking. Not enough coffee, I guess.

>Huh??

US = states and counties (sometimes parishes)
Canada = provinces and shires

I thought everyone knew that.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology
Z GIRL

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:34:57 -0600, "Z GIRL" >
> wrote:
>

> >"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> .. .

for

> >> Big signs in the lobby, listing items that can't go beyond the lobby,
> >> with latex balloons being one of them.
> >>

> >Still find that hard to believe, but if you say sooooooooo........
> >

> Why would you find it hard to believe? I can't think of any reason I
> would have to be less than truthful with you, and I can't think of any
> reason why someone would post nonsense to Usenet in the hope that
> others would believe it or would believe that the poster believes it.
> In fact, I think people should check their facts before posting
> nonsense to the USENET. I know I always do.

Calm Down.........
The protocols where you live must be different. We do not have that policy
here but If that is the case where you live then like I said there are
sooooo many things that Pediatrics can use and would appreciate. It would
be benefical for The O.P to call Pediatric's and ask what they may need
with in his budget. ( The call would cover the Balloon issue.)

peace,
Barbara

Nancy Young

Brian Baresch wrote:

> >I don't know about where anyone else lives, but the soup kitchens I
> >know of have to turn away volunteers on the holidays, too many people
> >show up.

> Yep, then the other 363 days of the year they're scrambling for help.

It's so funny to me that my stepmother volunteers at a soup kitchen
on a regular basis, one day a week. You would have had to know her
to know why that's amusing, but makes me proud of her. At any rate,
it gave her something to do one day a week. She seems to enjoy it,
and I give her a high five for doing it, not just on the holidays.

nancy

Bryce Utting

Kevin S Wilson > wrote:
> BTW, you snipped out the part of my post inquiring about whether you
> call them counties, or parsishes, or what in Canada.

they call 'em "mounties," after the Mounty Python Flying Circus.

here they are in action against the locals: http://www.phreeow.net/riot

HTH!

butting
Duwop

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 21:48:58 GMT, "John O"
> > wrote:
>
>>> I'm just glad you
>>> didn't pounce on my stupid statement earlier, in which I referred to
>>> Michigan as a state, rather than a province. I don't know what I was
>>> thinking. Not enough coffee, I guess.

>> Huh??
>>

> US = states and counties (sometimes parishes)
> Canada = provinces and shires
>
> I thought everyone knew that.

Kevin , I believe he was responding to your remark about not having had
enough coffee, he was simply indredulous.

BTW Kevin, you are propagating a cross posted thread once again. Why do you
insist on doing that, it's troll bait and you know it.

me

"Z GIRL" > wrote in message

> "Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> > On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:24:12 -0600, "Z GIRL" >
> > wrote:
> >
> > >I find that very odd. I have NEVER heard of security stopping anyone

for
> > >bringing in a regular balloon.

> > Big signs in the lobby, listing items that can't go beyond the lobby,
> > with latex balloons being one of them.
> >

> Still find that hard to believe, but if you say sooooooooo........

Ever hear of latex allergies? They are very common in folks that have had
lots of exposure to the medical profession.

BOB

Duwop typed:
> Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

>>> Huh??
>>>

>> US = states and counties (sometimes parishes)
>> Canada = provinces and shires
>>
>> I thought everyone knew that.

> Kevin , I believe he was responding to your remark about not having had
> enough coffee, he was simply indredulous.
>
> BTW Kevin, you are propagating a cross posted thread once again. Why do you
> insist on doing that, it's troll bait and you know it.

You did notice that it was Kevin who added his favorite troll group,
alt.religion.kibology didn't you?

BOB

Kevin S. Wilson

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 18:21:20 -0600, "Z GIRL" >
wrote:

>Excuse me Kevin, I sniped because I can see you are in to a back and forth
>argument .

Oh, don't be that way. I was engaging in a back-and-forth
conversation, not an argument. I even agreed with you when you pointed
out one of the differences between the US health care system and the
Canadian system (which I believe is operated under the supervision of
the Canadian House of Lords).

> I do suggest you take a history lesson as Michigan is NOT in
>>Canada.

Well, duh. It's not IN Canada in the same way that Peurto Rico (a US
province) is not IN the US.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology
Kevin S. Wilson

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:20:31 -0800, "Duwop" >
wrote:

>BTW Kevin, you are propagating a cross posted thread once again. Why do you
>insist on doing that, it's troll bait and you know it.

You're misusing that word "troll." The word is misused here so often
that more than once I have said that I will someday show the denizens
of alt.food.barbecue the difference between trolling and posting flame
bait. TofuBoy's posts are an example of the latter; this thread, of
the former. One requires cunning, patience, and a sense of humor; the
other does not.

If it helps any, keep in mind that trolling is a type of joke.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology
Kevin S. Wilson

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 18:38:24 -0500, " BOB" > wrote:

>You did notice that it was Kevin who added his favorite troll group,
>alt.religion.kibology didn't you?

Oh, ARK isn't just a troll group, though folks in ARK are very good at
trolling. ARK is also a part of a healthy breakfast, a floor wax, and
a dessert topping.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology
Darla Vladschyk

Kevin S. Wilson > wrote:

>On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 21:48:58 GMT, "John O"
> wrote:
>
>>> I'm just glad you
>>> didn't pounce on my stupid statement earlier, in which I referred to
>>> Michigan as a state, rather than a province. I don't know what I was
>>> thinking. Not enough coffee, I guess.

>>Huh??
>>

>US = states and counties (sometimes parishes)
>Canada = provinces and ridings

IFYPFY.

-=D=-

Z GIRL

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:59:14 -0600, "Z GIRL" >
> wrote:
>

> >"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> .. .

> >> .. .

anyone
> >for

lobby,

> >> Why would you find it hard to believe? I can't think of any reason I
> >> would have to be less than truthful with you, and I can't think of any
> >> reason why someone would post nonsense to Usenet in the hope that
> >> others would believe it or would believe that the poster believes it.
> >> In fact, I think people should check their facts before posting
> >> nonsense to the USENET. I know I always do.

> >Calm Down.........

> I'm calm. What makes you think I'm not calm?
>
> >The protocols where you live must be different.

> That's the understatement of the year. I can't think of too many
> things more different than the US health-care system and the Canadian
> health-care system.
>
> > We do not have that policy
> >here but If that is the case where you live then like I said there are
> >sooooo many things that Pediatrics can use and would appreciate. It

would
> >be benefical for The O.P to call Pediatric's and ask what they may need
> >with in his budget. ( The call would cover the Balloon issue.)

> Excellent suggestions.
>
> BTW, you snipped out the part of my post inquiring about whether you
> call them counties, or parsishes, or what in Canada. I'm just glad you
> didn't pounce on my stupid statement earlier, in which I referred to
> Michigan as a state, rather than a province. I don't know what I was
> thinking. Not enough coffee, I guess.

Excuse me Kevin, I sniped because I can see you are in to a back and forth
argument . I do suggest you take a history lesson as Michigan is NOT in
Canada.

End of thread for me.!

Peace,
Barbara

> --
> Kevin S. Wilson
> Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
> "You can safely ignore Kevin in order to
> maximise life's experience." --A. Loon, in alt.religion.kibology

Beable van Polasm

"Z GIRL" > writes:

> "Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> > On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:34:57 -0600, "Z GIRL" >
> > wrote:
> >
> > Why would you find it hard to believe? I can't think of any reason
> > I would have to be less than truthful with you, and I can't think
> > of any reason why someone would post nonsense to Usenet in the
> > hope that others would believe it or would believe that the poster
> > believes it. In fact, I think people should check their facts
> > before posting nonsense to the USENET. I know I always do.

> Calm Down.........
> The protocols where you live must be different. We do not have that policy
> here but If that is the case where you live then like I said there are

THE PROTOCOLS OF THE LEARNED ELDERS OF KIBOLOGY:

1. CHECK FACTS
2. POST NONSENSE TO UNSENET
3. RINSE
4. LATHER
5. REPEAT

--
A herd of cows can strip a piranha to the bone in mere minutes. -- Rich Holmes
http://beable.com

Steve Wertz > wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 05:15:57 -0600, "TomD" > wrote:
>
> >"Fifth" is a fifth of a gallon and not available in US anymore.

> A fifth of a gallon is 757.08236 milliliters, though - pretty darn
> close to 750ml.

Steve, You are, of course, right. But I was taught that close only counted
in horseshoes and hand grenades. YMMV

--
Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley www.boonchoo.com
"Giving violent criminals a government guarantee that their intended
swt

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 18:21:20 -0600, "Z GIRL" >
> wrote:

[...]
> > I do suggest you take a history lesson as Michigan is NOT in
> >>Canada.

> Well, duh. It's not IN Canada in the same way that Peurto Rico (a US
> province) is not IN the US.

Technically, you're both right. Michigan is in TWO pieces, one in Canada,
one in the US.

P.S. Is it true that our neighbors to the north eat Canadian Goose instead
of turkey for their Thanksgiving dinners?

--
..:*~*:. .:*~*:. .:*~*:. .:*~*:. .:*~*:.
`*._.:*' :// `*._.:*' ers. `*._.:*' net/ `*._.:*'

Darla Vladschyk

"swt" > wrote:

>P.S. Is it true that our neighbors to the north eat Canadian Goose instead
>of turkey for their Thanksgiving dinners?

There are no Canada geese actually IN Canada. They've moved to the
states where there is better food and the money's worth more.

Does the Elephant in the Hall still watch parades and football and
stuff itself to puking fullitude for its Thanksgiving dinner?

I'm homesick. Waah!

-=D=-
Duwop

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:20:31 -0800, "Duwop" >
> wrote:
>
>> BTW Kevin, you are propagating a cross posted thread once again. Why
>> do you insist on doing that, it's troll bait and you know it.

> You're misusing that word "troll."

OK smartass, exactly how did I misuse the word? By crossposting you are
trolling for trolls in the other groups.

> The word is misused here so often
> that more than once I have said that I will someday show the denizens
> of alt.food.barbecue the difference between trolling and posting flame
> bait.

It's misused all over usenet, so the **** what? How does that excuse you
for trolling for trolls (and flamers) yet again.

<snip arrogant crap>

Trolling can be a joke, and it can be an irritant. I'm amused by this vegan
thing, at the same time, it's not all that funny either. Now Hank Hill, he
was funny.

The Fat Man®

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:34:57 -0600, "Z GIRL" >
> wrote:
>

>> "Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:24:12 -0600, "Z GIRL"

>>> Big signs in the lobby, listing items that can't go beyond the
>>> lobby, with latex balloons being one of them.
>>>

>> Still find that hard to believe, but if you say sooooooooo........
>>

> Why would you find it hard to believe? I can't think of any reason I
> would have to be less than truthful with you, and I can't think of any
> reason why someone would post nonsense to Usenet in the hope that
> others would believe it or would believe that the poster believes it.
> In fact, I think people should check their facts before posting
> nonsense to the USENET. I know I always do.
>
> I haven't been to the hospitals in over a year, but I assure you the
> signs were there. What would convince you? I have a digital camera,
> but you'd probably say that I altered the images in PhotoPaint or
> something.

>>> Boise.

>>> I don't think Michigan is a town. But I could be mistaken, as I've
>>> only been to Canada twice.
>>>

>> Did I ever say Michigan was a town?

> Why, yes you did! You said, "Oh do tell what town you live in? I'm in
> Michigan." That infers that you think MIchigan is a town.
>
>> I thought you would be smart enough to
>> know it is a State.

> Remember, I'm the one who pointed out to you that it wasn't a town. I
> didn't want to be rude, so I said "I don't think Michigan is a town."
> But I really was quite certain, having driven through across it the
> last time I was in Canada. (BTW, do you have counties there, or
> parishes, or what?)
>
>> Well now you know. Your welcome!
>>

> My welcome what?

Z GIRL, meet Kevin (Anal) Wilson. Resident nitpicker and keeper of usless
facts.

He just won't give up. He has to be right. Introduce him to Mr. Block
Sender, and some semblance of sanity will return to your version of the NG.

TFM®

Harry Demidavicius

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:56:13 -0700, Kevin S. Wilson >
wrote:

>On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 21:48:58 GMT, "John O"
> wrote:
>
>>> I'm just glad you
>>> didn't pounce on my stupid statement earlier, in which I referred to
>>> Michigan as a state, rather than a province. I don't know what I was
>>> thinking. Not enough coffee, I guess.

>>Huh??
>>

>US = states and counties (sometimes parishes)
>Canada = provinces and shires
>
>I thought everyone knew that.

We have municipal districts, townships, counties all sorts of names,
depending on what part of Canada you choose but, I've never heard of a
"shire" in this Country - perhaps the UK. But I'll bow to your
superiour knowledge from your visits here.

Harry
TomD

Hi Steve,

Looking at an old bottle that says 4/5 of a quart. That is why the
government set the standard at 750ml.

Hope This Helps,

Tom

wrote:

> >"Fifth" is a fifth of a gallon and not available in US anymore.

> A fifth of a gallon is 757.08236 milliliters, though - pretty darn
> close to 750ml.
>
> -sw

Z GIRL

"The Fat Man®" > wrote in message
om...
> Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
> > On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:34:57 -0600, "Z GIRL" >
> > wrote:

> >> Still find that hard to believe, but if you say sooooooooo........
> >>

> > Why would you find it hard to believe? I can't think of any reason I
> > would have to be less than truthful with you, and I can't think of any
> > reason why someone would post nonsense to Usenet in the hope that
> > others would believe it or would believe that the poster believes it.
> > In fact, I think people should check their facts before posting
> > nonsense to the USENET. I know I always do.
> >
> > I haven't been to the hospitals in over a year, but I assure you the
> > signs were there. What would convince you? I have a digital camera,
> > but you'd probably say that I altered the images in PhotoPaint or
> > something.

> >> Did I ever say Michigan was a town?

> > Why, yes you did! You said, "Oh do tell what town you live in? I'm in
> > Michigan." That infers that you think MIchigan is a town.
> >
> >> I thought you would be smart enough to
> >> know it is a State.

> > Remember, I'm the one who pointed out to you that it wasn't a town. I
> > didn't want to be rude, so I said "I don't think Michigan is a town."
> > But I really was quite certain, having driven through across it the
> > last time I was in Canada. (BTW, do you have counties there, or
> > parishes, or what?)
> >
> >> Well now you know. Your welcome!
> >>

> > My welcome what?

> Z GIRL, meet Kevin (Anal) Wilson. Resident nitpicker and keeper of usless
> facts.
>
> He just won't give up. He has to be right. Introduce him to Mr. Block
> Sender, and some semblance of sanity will return to your version of the

NG.

> TFM®

Oh Yes, Mr. Block sender............ meet Kevin ! ;-)
btw... I lurk ( and drool ) over in the other group and if you guys ever
have a cook-in I am inviting myself ;-) All that meat with all those
greens, its almost a sin! Damn.

peace,
Barbara

Kevin S. Wilson

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 07:04:37 -0600, "Z GIRL" >
wrote:

>"The Fat Man®" > wrote in message
. com...

>> Z GIRL, meet Kevin (Anal) Wilson. Resident nitpicker and keeper of usless
>> facts.
>>
>> He just won't give up. He has to be right. Introduce him to Mr. Block
>> Sender, and some semblance of sanity will return to your version of the

>NG.

>Oh Yes, Mr. Block sender............ meet Kevin ! ;-)

But if you do that, how will I tell you both that YHBT, YHL, HAND?

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Who put these fingerprints on my imagination?"
Kevin S. Wilson

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 17:11:16 -0800, "swt" > wrote:

>"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 18:21:20 -0600, "Z GIRL" >
>> wrote:

>[...]
>> > I do suggest you take a history lesson as Michigan is NOT in

>> Well, duh. It's not IN Canada in the same way that Peurto Rico (a US
>> province) is not IN the US.

>Technically, you're both right. Michigan is in TWO pieces, one in Canada,
>one in the US.

At last, someone who knows to check his facts before posting nonsense
to the USENET.

>P.S. Is it true that our neighbors to the north eat Canadian Goose instead
>of turkey for their Thanksgiving dinners?

They don't celebrate Thanksgiving. The most similar holiday in Canada
would be Boxer Day. Something to do with the Boxer Rebellion, if I
understand correctly.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Who put these fingerprints on my imagination?"
Kevin S. Wilson

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 18:14:52 -0800, "Duwop" >
wrote:

>Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
>> On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:20:31 -0800, "Duwop" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> BTW Kevin, you are propagating a cross posted thread once again. Why
>>> do you insist on doing that, it's troll bait and you know it.

>> You're misusing that word "troll."

>OK smartass, exactly how did I misuse the word? By crossposting you are
>trolling for trolls in the other groups.

"Trolling for trolls"? That makes no sense. Why would I want to be
trolled? I'm trolling for responses to assertions that are illogical
or nonsensical.

Trolling is a practical joke, generally played on people who take
Usenet just a Little Too Seriously (tm). Does trolling invoke flames?
Sure, sometimes, but they're funny to those who know what's going on.
Try posting to a Star Wars newsgroup that the T in "Captain John T.
Kirk" stands for "Tiberius" and see the wacky hilarity that ensues.

(No, don't do that. It's been done.)

>> The word is misused here so often
>> that more than once I have said that I will someday show the denizens
>> of alt.food.barbecue the difference between trolling and posting flame
>> bait.

>It's misused all over usenet, so the **** what? How does that excuse you
>for trolling for trolls (and flamers) yet again.

I need an excuse? Hell, I don't even need a reason. This is Usenet,
and trolling is a time-honored tradition in Usenet culture. You don't
like it? Find a way to cope.

><snip arrogant crap>

First "smartass." Now "arrogant." Should I toss in a hearty "**** you"
just keep things even?

>Trolling can be a joke,

It's always a joke. Take your sense of humor into the shop for
repair.

> and it can be an irritant.

Don't read the thread. Killfile me. Set your newsreader to ignore
crossposts. Take up knitting.

> I'm amused by this vegan
>thing, at the same time, it's not all that funny either.

Make up your mind.

> Now Hank Hill, he was funny.

Yeah, it was funny. It was also too obvious to score very high on the
Troll-O-Meter.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Who put these fingerprints on my imagination?"
Nancy Young

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 17:11:16 -0800, "swt" > wrote:

> >P.S. Is it true that our neighbors to the north eat Canadian Goose instead
> >of turkey for their Thanksgiving dinners?

> They don't celebrate Thanksgiving. The most similar holiday in Canada
> would be Boxer Day. Something to do with the Boxer Rebellion, if I
> understand correctly.

Canadian Thanksgiving was on October 13th this year.

nancy
Hahabogus

Nancy Young > wrote in
:

> "Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 17:11:16 -0800, "swt" > wrote:

>> >P.S. Is it true that our neighbors to the north eat Canadian Goose
>> >instead of turkey for their Thanksgiving dinners?

>> They don't celebrate Thanksgiving. The most similar holiday in Canada
>> would be Boxer Day. Something to do with the Boxer Rebellion, if I
>> understand correctly.

> Canadian Thanksgiving was on October 13th this year.
>
> nancy

This is a corrected cross post so I'm assuming it's a troll attempt. Yeah
boxer day...the day Canadians' world round change their boxers.

Trolls is so stewpid.

OB food. Apples are tasty. But beets are devine.

ChairMan

In ,
Kevin S. Wilson > spewed forth and said:
> On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 17:11:16 -0800, "swt" > wrote:
>
>> "Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 18:21:20 -0600, "Z GIRL"

>> [...]
>>>
>>> Well, duh. It's not IN Canada in the same way that Peurto Rico (a US
>>> province) is not IN the US.

>> Technically, you're both right. Michigan is in TWO pieces, one in
>> Canada, one in the US.
>>

> At last, someone who knows to check his facts before posting nonsense
> to the USENET.
>
>> P.S. Is it true that our neighbors to the north eat Canadian Goose
>> instead of turkey for their Thanksgiving dinners?

> They don't celebrate Thanksgiving. The most similar holiday in Canada
> would be Boxer Day. Something to do with the Boxer Rebellion, if I
> understand correctly.

As already duly noted, they do celebrate Thanksgiving and it's not boxer day
its
"Boxing Day"
Damn....what a maroon!

Cindy Fuller

In article >,
"Z GIRL" > wrote:

> "Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> > On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 06:57:20 -0600, "Z GIRL" >
> > wrote:
> >
> > >We have NEVER refused Balloons of any sort and we have NEVER had a

> problem.
> >
> > That may be the case where you work, but you won't get past the lobby
> > with anything other than a mylar balloon in both of the hospitals in
> > my town.
> >

> I find that very odd. I have NEVER heard of security stopping anyone for
> bringing in a regular balloon. That being said anyone coming into pediatrics
> with balloons would be stopped at the nurses station and Believe me if a
> child had a reaction to latex it would be well know by then with all of the
> contact of the physicians and Nurses, Phlebotomist (etc, etc.) gloves.
> Oh do tell what town you live in? I am in Michigan.

There was a large sign at the entrance to Brenner Children's Hospital in
Winston-Salem NC (part of Wake Forest Medical Center) that labeled the
facility a latex-free zone. The powder in the gloves can carry some of
the latex allergen into the air. (This is based on research papers, not
hearsay.)

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Return address to the present tense to email me
Kevin S. Wilson

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 16:25:31 GMT, Cindy Fuller
> wrote:

>There was a large sign at the entrance to Brenner Children's Hospital in
>Winston-Salem NC (part of Wake Forest Medical Center) that labeled the
>facility a latex-free zone.

How will they perform that latex eye surgery, then?

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Who put these fingerprints on my imagination?"
Julie d'Aubigny

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 16:25:31 GMT, Cindy Fuller
> > wrote:
>
> >There was a large sign at the entrance to Brenner Children's Hospital in
> >Winston-Salem NC (part of Wake Forest Medical Center) that labeled the
> >facility a latex-free zone.

> How will they perform that latex eye surgery, then?

It's obvious to me that they discriminate against children with latex
eyes.

--
Elizabeth D. Brooks | | US2002021724
Listowner: Aberrants_Worldwide, Fading_Suns_Games, TrinityRPG
Ol' Hippie

Hey Tom;
good to hear you. but you better give them a call, and pay up next trip in
for lump, your conscience will be the better for it.
Heard from Dave B lately?