Steve Wertz

Default Free Pecan Shells in Central TX

Lots of shells for smoking available this time of year in Central
Texas. I spotted this in one of the gardening groups if anybody is
interested.

-sw

>Free pecan shells, all you have to do is load them up in your truck. If you
>can take a full pickup truck load then call Brookes Pecans in San Antonio at
>828-0161, it is not practical for him to deal with smaller amounts.
>
>This year is going to be a record year for pecans and there are a lot of
>shells available. Mr. Brookes is in the shelling business and puts the
>shells in 55 gal drums so it takes a healthy soul to hump them up on the
>back of a truck. He will assist in the loading.
>
>They make a great mulch especially if you happen to have a small chipper. I
>run them thru the chipper with the screen off.
>
>Happy Hauling,

be

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 20:22:04 -0600, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>Lots of shells for smoking available this time of year in Central
>Texas. I spotted this in one of the gardening groups if anybody is
>interested.
>
>-sw

>>Free pecan shells, all you have to do is load them up in your truck. If you
>>can take a full pickup truck load then call Brookes Pecans in San Antonio at
>>828-0161, it is not practical for him to deal with smaller amounts.
>>
>>This year is going to be a record year for pecans and there are a lot of
>>shells available. Mr. Brookes is in the shelling business and puts the
>>shells in 55 gal drums so it takes a healthy soul to hump them up on the
>>back of a truck. He will assist in the loading.
>>
>>They make a great mulch especially if you happen to have a small chipper. I
>>run them thru the chipper with the screen off.
>>
>>Happy Hauling,

I was wondering if the shells were okay for smoking. Are the leaves
acceptable? (those still attached to the twigs-not the ones in my
mulch pile )

Steve Wertz

On 6 Nov 2003 16:30:11 -0600, be > wrote:

>I was wondering if the shells were okay for smoking. Are the leaves
>acceptable? (those still attached to the twigs-not the ones in my
>mulch pile )

Leaves are bitter and create a lot of airborne ash. I wouldn't use
too many (if any) of them. Just shake em off assuing they're dry.

-sw

Cabbage central Gill Smith General Cooking 8 24-08-2009 05:11 PM
Central Park jmcquown General Cooking 0 01-10-2006 06:27 PM
UBI for Eastern and central PA Virginia Tadrzynski General Cooking 2 05-06-2006 10:50 AM
Central Market Fun rosie General Cooking 0 07-05-2006 07:10 PM
BBQ Joints in Central FL? [email protected] Barbecue 11 01-03-2004 04:02 AM