Barry

Default BBQ in Gainesville FL?

Looking again for good BBQ in G'ville.
Have to spend a long weekend there and would like to make it at least
somewhat worth it.

Evan in Orlando

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:25:49 GMT, "Barry" >
wrote:

>Looking again for good BBQ in G'ville.
>Have to spend a long weekend there and would like to make it at least
>somewhat worth it.

Sir, you are a very lucky man. Just mere minutes down 75 from
Gainesville is the establishment of one Big Jim in Micanopy. His email
is get yourself some directions and head on down.

Evan
Big Jim

-- "Barry" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Looking again for good BBQ in G'ville.
> Have to spend a long weekend there and would like to make it at least
> somewhat worth it.

What weekend?
Big Jim

www.lazyq.com

Barry

This weekend.
Arriving Thursday, Leaving Sunday.

"Big Jim" > wrote in message

> -- "Barry" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
> > Looking again for good BBQ in G'ville.
> > Have to spend a long weekend there and would like to make it at least
> > somewhat worth it.
> >

> What weekend?
> Big Jim

www.lazyq.com

Barry

"Big Jim" > wrote in message

> -- "Barry" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
> > Looking again for good BBQ in G'ville.
> > Have to spend a long weekend there and would like to make it at least
> > somewhat worth it.
> >

> What weekend?
> Big Jim

www.lazyq.com

Do you sell BBQ or make smokers or both?
I've heard mention of you here in this group, but I don't understand if you
have a restaurant.

I'll in and around g'ville and will want some bbq.
If not with my family at least alone.

Bruce

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 01:10:02 GMT, "Barry" >
wrote:

>This weekend.
>Arriving Thursday, Leaving Sunday.

Big Jim is a great host and if you have lunch at his place on Thursday
you will also stop by Friday and Saturday. You will want to go twice.
Friday is Catfish and Hush Puppies. BBQ the other times. I've stopped
at Big Jim's 4-5 times over the years on my annual pilgrimage to FL.
My wife thoroughly enjoys stopping too.

Bruce Cook

Ricky

"Barry" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Looking again for good BBQ in G'ville.
> Have to spend a long weekend there and would like to make it at least
> somewhat worth it.

Here's a complete list of bbq joints in Florida:
http://www.flbbq.org/joints.htm

Big Jim

"Barry" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> Do you sell BBQ or make smokers or both?
> I've heard mention of you here in this group, but I don't understand if

you
> have a restaurant.
>
> I'll in and around g'ville and will want some bbq.
> If not with my family at least alone.

Both, I have a small take out place about 17 miles south of Gainesville, in
McIntosh. I am inside the McIntosh Grocery. Phone number at the Store is
(352) 591-3491. 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM . (We are at the store by 8:00 AM)Tuesday
thru Saturday. Do not stop in Micanopy at my old location. They still have
my name on the sign. I am also mentioned in the list of places that Ricky
posted, but that is at the old location.
I will not be there Saturday afternoon. I have a pit to deliver to
Virginia. The store will be open till 7:00
--
Big Jim

www.lazyq.com

Barry

"Big Jim" > wrote in message

> "Barry" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>
> > Do you sell BBQ or make smokers or both?
> > I've heard mention of you here in this group, but I don't understand if

> you
> > have a restaurant.
> >
> > I'll in and around g'ville and will want some bbq.
> > If not with my family at least alone.
> >

> Both, I have a small take out place about 17 miles south of Gainesville,

in
> McIntosh. I am inside the McIntosh Grocery. Phone number at the Store is
> (352) 591-3491. 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM . (We are at the store by 8:00

AM)Tuesday
> thru Saturday. Do not stop in Micanopy at my old location. They still have
> my name on the sign. I am also mentioned in the list of places that Ricky
> posted, but that is at the old location.
> I will not be there Saturday afternoon. I have a pit to deliver to
> Virginia. The store will be open till 7:00
> --
> Big Jim

www.lazyq.com

A million thanks to you, Big Jim. The food and hospitality was wonderful.
Thank you.
We loved you ribs and brisket. I'd say that those were the best
ribs we've ever had. Unfortunitly, I was forced to share with several
family members in Gainesville, but they thought the same and will
be coming down to see you soon. My sister who lives there was shocked
that such good Q was available to her. I may be returning the first week of
December and if so I'll be placing a much larger order.

Barry

"Ricky" > wrote in message
> "Barry" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
> > Looking again for good BBQ in G'ville.
> > Have to spend a long weekend there and would like to make it at least
> > somewhat worth it.
> >

> Here's a complete list of bbq joints in Florida:
> http://www.flbbq.org/joints.htm
>
> We tried Blackwater. The ribs were dried out, but I agree the rub on them

is tasty.
The pork sandwich though was worth the stop.

Thanks for telling us about Big Jim's - best ribs I ever had and the brisket
ain't nothing to complain about either.

Big Jim

"Barry" > wrote in message
nk.net...

> A million thanks to you, Big Jim. The food and hospitality was wonderful.
> Thank you.
> We loved you ribs and brisket. I'd say that those were the best
> ribs we've ever had. Unfortunitly, I was forced to share with several
> family members in Gainesville, but they thought the same and will
> be coming down to see you soon. My sister who lives there was shocked
> that such good Q was available to her. I may be returning the first week

of
> December and if so I'll be placing a much larger order.

Thanks Barry, I was hoping you would get back Saturday morning, you could
have met The Fatman®. He came to pick up some Royal Oak lump, I picked up
for him. I left about 10:30 to take a pit to Virginia. Got back about 12:15
today. 1550 mile round trip.
--
Big Jim

www.lazyq.com