Stan (the Man)

Default FYI--vacuum-sealer bag bargains

I just returned from WalMart, home of the recently-arrested 300+ illegal
immigrants, where I found Black & Decker vacuum-sealer bags. A box with
two 18-ft long, 11-inch (gallon) rolls cost me $13.84 ($6.92 per roll).
The Tilia bags were selling for $9.97 for 15 pre-made 1-gallon bags
(about 66 cents per bag). I'm guessing the pre-sealed bags are about
12-inches long. So, at that rate, I'm getting 36 1-gallon bags for
$13.84 (about 38 cents per bag).

While it says on the box that they "work with leading brand vacuum
sealers," I wasn't sure of how well they'd work with my Tilia, so I only
bought one box. I just tried making one bag and sealing an apple and it
works just dandy. I'm going back to wipe them out.

Just thought I'd share.

--
Stan
<http://www.tocquevillian.com>

Jack Sloan

"Stan (the Man)" > wrote in message
t...
> I just returned from WalMart, home of the recently-arrested 300+ illegal
> immigrants, where I found Black & Decker vacuum-sealer bags. A box with
> two 18-ft long, 11-inch (gallon) rolls cost me $13.84 ($6.92 per roll).
> The Tilia bags were selling for $9.97 for 15 pre-made 1-gallon bags
> (about 66 cents per bag). I'm guessing the pre-sealed bags are about
> 12-inches long. So, at that rate, I'm getting 36 1-gallon bags for
> $13.84 (about 38 cents per bag).
>
> While it says on the box that they "work with leading brand vacuum
> sealers," I wasn't sure of how well they'd work with my Tilia, so I only
> bought one box. I just tried making one bag and sealing an apple and it
> works just dandy. I'm going back to wipe them out.
>
> Just thought I'd share.
>
> --
> Stan
> <http://www.tocquevillian.com>

Been using them a while...In fact I haven't ever used the Tila rolls or
bags...can you tell any difference?
Jack

Spud

"Stan (the Man)" > wrote in message
t...

A box with
> two 18-ft long, 11-inch (gallon) rolls cost me $13.84 ($6.92 per roll).

$13.84/396 = $0.0349/sqft.

I recently bought 4-11"x18' & 2-8"x22' Tillia bags at Costco for $39.95.
$39.95/1144 = $0.0349/sqft.

Well, shit. Maybe Sam's Club will get the Black & Decker bags and sell a
6-pack for $0.02!

Spud

Steve Wertz

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:48:45 GMT, "Spud" > wrote:

>"Stan (the Man)" > wrote in message
et...

> A box with
>> two 18-ft long, 11-inch (gallon) rolls cost me $13.84 ($6.92 per roll).

>$13.84/396 = $0.0349/sqft.
>
> I recently bought 4-11"x18' & 2-8"x22' Tillia bags at Costco for $39.95.
>$39.95/1144 = $0.0349/sqft.

My turn, math-spud:

Those are square inches,not feet :-P

-sw
Spud

> My turn, math-spud:
>
> Those are square inches,not feet :-P
>
> -sw

You got me there! Freshman mistake. The correct numbers a

A box with two 18-ft long, 11-inch (gallon) rolls cost me $13.84 ($6.92 per
roll).

$13.84 / (2*11/12*18)= 0.42 /sqft. B&D @ Walmart

..
I recently bought 4-11"x18' & 2-8"x22' Tillia bags at Costco for $39.95.
$39.95/ (4*11/12*18) + (2*8/12*22)

=39.95/ 95.33

=$0.42/sqft. Tillia @ Costco

So an 11x12 costs 39 cents. Still pretty expensive compared to Ziplocks.

Spud

The correct numbers are $0.42/sqft.

See below.

Stan (the Man)

Jack Sloan wrote:
> "Stan (the Man)" > wrote in message
> t...
>
>>I just returned from WalMart, home of the recently-arrested 300+ illegal
>>immigrants, where I found Black & Decker vacuum-sealer bags. A box with
>>two 18-ft long, 11-inch (gallon) rolls cost me $13.84 ($6.92 per roll).
>>The Tilia bags were selling for $9.97 for 15 pre-made 1-gallon bags
>>(about 66 cents per bag). I'm guessing the pre-sealed bags are about
>>12-inches long. So, at that rate, I'm getting 36 1-gallon bags for
>>$13.84 (about 38 cents per bag).
>>
>>While it says on the box that they "work with leading brand vacuum
>>sealers," I wasn't sure of how well they'd work with my Tilia, so I only
>>bought one box. I just tried making one bag and sealing an apple and it
>>works just dandy. I'm going back to wipe them out.
>>
>>Just thought I'd share.
>>
>>--
>>Stan
>><http://www.tocquevillian.com>
>>

> Been using them a while...In fact I haven't ever used the Tila rolls or
> bags...can you tell any difference?
> Jack

Only difference I can see is the Tilia bags have that crosshatch that
channel the air out. The B&D have those two inside flaps that appear to
perform the same function.

--
Stan
<http://www.tocquevillian.com>

Walter H. Lewis III

Try here! cheepest I've found yet

http://www.dessicant.com/channel_bags.html

Walt

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:20:58 GMT, "Stan (the Man)"
> wrote:

>I just returned from WalMart, home of the recently-arrested 300+ illegal
>immigrants, where I found Black & Decker vacuum-sealer bags. A box with
>two 18-ft long, 11-inch (gallon) rolls cost me $13.84 ($6.92 per roll).
>The Tilia bags were selling for $9.97 for 15 pre-made 1-gallon bags
>(about 66 cents per bag). I'm guessing the pre-sealed bags are about
>12-inches long. So, at that rate, I'm getting 36 1-gallon bags for
>$13.84 (about 38 cents per bag).
>
>While it says on the box that they "work with leading brand vacuum
>sealers," I wasn't sure of how well they'd work with my Tilia, so I only
>bought one box. I just tried making one bag and sealing an apple and it
>works just dandy. I'm going back to wipe them out.
>
>Just thought I'd share.

Jack Schidt®

"Walter H. Lewis III" > wrote in message
> Try here! cheepest I've found yet
>
> http://www.dessicant.com/channel_bags.html
>
> Walt

I want the NitroVac!

Jack

Stan (the Man)

Walter H. Lewis III wrote:

> Try here! cheepest I've found yet
>
> http://www.dessicant.com/channel_bags.html
>
> Walt

You've tried these with the Tilia and they work?

--
Stan
<http://www.tocquevillian.com>

> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:20:58 GMT, "Stan (the Man)"
> > wrote:
>

>>I just returned from WalMart, home of the recently-arrested 300+ illegal
>>immigrants, where I found Black & Decker vacuum-sealer bags. A box with
>>two 18-ft long, 11-inch (gallon) rolls cost me $13.84 ($6.92 per roll).
>>The Tilia bags were selling for $9.97 for 15 pre-made 1-gallon bags
>>(about 66 cents per bag). I'm guessing the pre-sealed bags are about
>>12-inches long. So, at that rate, I'm getting 36 1-gallon bags for
>>$13.84 (about 38 cents per bag).
>>
>>While it says on the box that they "work with leading brand vacuum
>>sealers," I wasn't sure of how well they'd work with my Tilia, so I only
>>bought one box. I just tried making one bag and sealing an apple and it
>>works just dandy. I'm going back to wipe them out.
>>
>>Just thought I'd share.

Steve Wertz

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 22:12:18 GMT, Walter H. Lewis III
> wrote:

>Try here! cheepest I've found yet
>
>http://www.dessicant.com/channel_bags.html

They can't sell the channel bags anymore. Tilia's lawyers made them
stop.

I tried placing an order in May. Nada. Zip. Zilch. got a note back
saying I'm ass-out.

-sw
Stan (the Man)

Steve Wertz wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 22:12:18 GMT, Walter H. Lewis III
> > wrote:
>

>>Try here! cheepest I've found yet
>>
>>http://www.dessicant.com/channel_bags.html

> They can't sell the channel bags anymore. Tilia's lawyers made them
> stop.
>
> I tried placing an order in May. Nada. Zip. Zilch. got a note back
> saying I'm ass-out.

I wonder if that's why the Black & Decker bags have attached inserts,
rather than crosshatching right on the bag itself.

--
Stan
<http://www.tocquevillian.com>

Steve Wertz

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 22:54:49 GMT, "Stan (the Man)"
> wrote:

>Steve Wertz wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 22:12:18 GMT, Walter H. Lewis III
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>Try here! cheepest I've found yet
>>>
>>>http://www.dessicant.com/channel_bags.html

>> They can't sell the channel bags anymore. Tilia's lawyers made them
>> stop.
>>
>> I tried placing an order in May. Nada. Zip. Zilch. got a note back
>> saying I'm ass-out.

>I wonder if that's why the Black & Decker bags have attached inserts,
>rather than crosshatching right on the bag itself.

Probably. I beleive dessicant.com manufactures the bags for Tilia.
Since Tilia has a patent on the bag, Sorbent Systems (dessicant.com)
can't be selling them out the back door.

If somebody (B&Decker) were to come up with a significantly different
design, that would keep the patent lawyers away.

I hate Tilias market monopoly. The bags are overpriced (gotta pay for
all those infomercials somehow). Hopefully the B&D bags (as well as
the system) put a dent in their sales.

-sw
Stan (the Man)

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 22:54:49 GMT, "Stan (the Man)"
> > wrote:
>

>>Steve Wertz wrote:

>>>They can't sell the channel bags anymore. Tilia's lawyers made them
>>>stop.
>>>
>>>I tried placing an order in May. Nada. Zip. Zilch. got a note back
>>>saying I'm ass-out.

>>I wonder if that's why the Black & Decker bags have attached inserts,
>>rather than crosshatching right on the bag itself.

> Probably. I beleive dessicant.com manufactures the bags for Tilia.
> Since Tilia has a patent on the bag, Sorbent Systems (dessicant.com)
> can't be selling them out the back door.
>
> If somebody (B&Decker) were to come up with a significantly different
> design, that would keep the patent lawyers away.
>
> I hate Tilias market monopoly. The bags are overpriced (gotta pay for
> all those infomercials somehow). Hopefully the B&D bags (as well as
> the system) put a dent in their sales.
>
> -sw

They will, if I have anything to do with it.

--
Stan
<http://www.tocquevillian.com>

Brick

"Walter H. Lewis III" > wrote in message
> Try here! cheepest I've found yet
>
> http://www.dessicant.com/channel_bags.html
>
> Walt

<snip>

The dessicant.com link leads to Sorbent Systems which is the actual
manufacturer of most vacuum bags. They do in fact manufacture the
Foodsaver/Tilia bags, but will no longer sell them retail. Foodsaver
holds the patent. Sorbent does retail bags for their own vacuum
sealers and they are a great deal cheaper. I buy their 8 X 12" bags
for 10.5 cents apiece. I also use a lot of their 6 X 8" bags which are
even cheaper. Check the site for pricing of various sizes.

Brick (and his Sinbo VS 280 Vac Sealer)

Chef Juke

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:05:32 -0400, "Brick" >
wrote:

>"Walter H. Lewis III" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Try here! cheepest I've found yet
>>
>> http://www.dessicant.com/channel_bags.html
>>
>> Walt
>>

><snip>
>
>The dessicant.com link leads to Sorbent Systems which is the actual
>manufacturer of most vacuum bags. They do in fact manufacture the
>Foodsaver/Tilia bags, but will no longer sell them retail. Foodsaver
>holds the patent. Sorbent does retail bags for their own vacuum
>sealers and they are a great deal cheaper. I buy their 8 X 12" bags
>for 10.5 cents apiece. I also use a lot of their 6 X 8" bags which are
>even cheaper. Check the site for pricing of various sizes.
>
>Brick (and his Sinbo VS 280 Vac Sealer)

Brick,

how do you like your Sinbo?

In fact, since most folks around here have mainly talked about the
tilia brand sealers (I got a Professional II when I was accessorizing
while waiting for my Kamado to be delivered ) , we should see how many
are using other sealers and get some comparisons. If there are other
types of vacuum sealers that are equal or better functionally and have
lower operating costs (bags, rolls, etc) that'd be some good info to
share.

-Chef Juke
http://www.chefjuke.com
"Everybody Eats when they come to MY house!"

(Remove the CAPS from the return address when sending email replies)

Thomas Mooney

Chef Juke > wrote in message

> how do you like your Sinbo?
>
> In fact, since most folks around here have mainly talked about the
> tilia brand sealers (I got a Professional II when I was accessorizing
> while waiting for my Kamado to be delivered ) , we should see how many
> are using other sealers and get some comparisons. If there are other
> types of vacuum sealers that are equal or better functionally and have
> lower operating costs (bags, rolls, etc) that'd be some good info to
> share.

Chef Juke,

I'm using the Sinbo and am quite pleased. The only significant downside I
found when doing the research a few months ago was the Sinbo's inablility to
seal bottles, etc. That's not a big deal for us. And is certainly offset
by the savings in bags.

--
TFM3

Note: Spam-resistant e-mail address

Edwin Pawlowski

"Chef Juke" > wrote in message

> In fact, since most folks around here have mainly talked about the
> tilia brand sealers (I got a Professional II when I was accessorizing
> while waiting for my Kamado to be delivered ) , we should see how many
> are using other sealers and get some comparisons. If there are other
> types of vacuum sealers that are equal or better functionally and have
> lower operating costs (bags, rolls, etc) that'd be some good info to
> share.

Here is a link to one site that has some comparisons, but not recent.
http://www.pump-n-seal.com/vacuumtest.htm

This will give at least some basis for comparison. I don't know just how
much vacuum must be drawn for proper food protection.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Steve Calvin

I've been following this thread with interest. I haven't seen anyone
say that they've actually used another manufactures bags with the
Foodsaver and had them *work*.

Anyone?

--
Steve

Ch

Why are they not shipping them now?
"Walter H. Lewis III" > wrote in message
> Try here! cheepest I've found yet
>
> http://www.dessicant.com/channel_bags.html
>
> Walt
>
> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:20:58 GMT, "Stan (the Man)"

Ch

Hopefully there is.
I love my Tilias, but..
I Just Had to Have the Canister model.
Right out of the box, the canister port was cracked. Tillia will replace
for only shipping, but it looks like it will crack easily..?!

>If there are other
> types of vacuum sealers that are equal or better functionally and have
> lower operating costs (bags, rolls, etc) that'd be some good info to
> share.
>

> -Chef Juke
> http://www.chefjuke.com
> "Everybody Eats when they come to MY house!"
>
> (Remove the CAPS from the return address when sending email replies)

Larry Noah

In article >, Steve Calvin
> writes:

>I've been following this thread with interest. I haven't seen anyone
>say that they've actually used another manufactures bags with the
>Foodsaver and had them *work*.
>
>Anyone?
>

>--
>Steve

I use the Black and Decker rolls with my Foodsaver. I have had no problems.
But, the B&D seems a little thinner and may be more subject to punctures.

Larry Noah

Stan (the Man)

Steve Calvin wrote:
> I've been following this thread with interest. I haven't seen anyone say
> that they've actually used another manufactures bags with the Foodsaver
> and had them *work*.
>
> Anyone?

Yes, you did. In my post wrt Black & Decker bags that started this
thread. Here's the relevant part:
"While it says on the box that they "work with leading brand vacuum
sealers," I wasn't sure of how well they'd work with my Tilia, so I only
bought one box. I just tried making one bag and sealing an apple and it
works just dandy. I'm going back to wipe them out."

I've since used them for packaging up some sauce for my kids to take
back to school and they did the job well.

--
Stan
<http://www.tocquevillian.com>

Brick

"Chef Juke" wrote

> Brick,
>
> how do you like your Sinbo?
>
> In fact, since most folks around here have mainly talked about the
> tilia brand sealers (I got a Professional II when I was

accessorizing
> while waiting for my Kamado to be delivered ) , we should see how

many
> are using other sealers and get some comparisons. If there are

other
> types of vacuum sealers that are equal or better functionally and

have
> lower operating costs (bags, rolls, etc) that'd be some good info to
> share.
>

> -Chef Juke

CC,

I have both a Foodsaver and a Sinbo VS 280 from Sorbent Systems.
I've never caught Foodsaver bags on sale. They remain pretty
consistently
priced from store to store. I have a box of 22 1Qt Foodsaver bags here
that I paid $9.99 + Tax for. ($10.69). That's 48 1/2 cents apiece. I
buy
Sorbent bags in quantities of 400 at a time. I split my order last
time between
8 X 12" (Qts) and 6 X 8" (sandwich). Qts were 200 for $21 and sandwich
were 200 for $14.50. S & H was $8.50. total cost $44.00 or 11 cents
each.

The Sinbo machine is referred to as a snorkel type. It has a
retractable snout
that holds a small portion of the bag open while it is being
evacuated. Once
vacuum is achieved, the bag is sealed much the same as the Tilia
machine.
The snorkel is retracted by a strong spring at the beginning of the
sealing
process with little or no loss of vacuum. I've been using my VS 280
for
nearly a year now and I use a lot of bags. Far more then I could
justify
were I using the Foodsaver. And I don't have to bother washing bags
for re-use. There is nothing special about the Sorbent bags. I doubt
that
there is any kind of patent on them. They are 3 mil poly bags of
consistently
high quality, certainly equal to the Foodsaver bags. They are made by
the same company after all. Sorbent also markets heavy duty (4 mil)
bags
as well as various specialty types.

Brick (long winded as usual)

Brick

"Ch" > wrote in message
> Why are they not shipping them now?
> "Walter H. Lewis III" > wrote in message
> > Try here! cheepest I've found yet
> >
> > http://www.dessicant.com/channel_bags.html
> >
> > Walt
> >
> > On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:20:58 GMT, "Stan (the Man)"
> > > wrote:

Patent infringement. While it's true that Sorbent manufactures the
bags
the patent is owned by Tilia. Sorbent got caught selling patented bags
without a license. The fact that Foodsaver bag marketing data remains
on the Sorbent Systems site tends to indicate that they may be
negotiating for a license. Who knows?

Brick

Jack Sloan

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> I've been following this thread with interest. I haven't seen anyone
> say that they've actually used another manufactures bags with the
> Foodsaver and had them *work*.
>
> Anyone?
>

> --
> Steve

IIRC This particular thread started with the fact that the Black and Decker
bags work fine.
Jack

Edwin Pawlowski

"Jack Sloan" > wrote in message

> IIRC This particular thread started with the fact that the Black and

Decker
> bags work fine.
> Jack

It was established that they sealed OK, but never found out if they pulled a
vacuum with the Foodsaver. They must have air channels to work that way.
Can anyone confirm that they do?

I did some searching and found the bags were cheap, but no longer stocked by
Amazon. They did not give the width, but the rolls are 30' long. three for
$9.95. They gave no other description. But were not in stock or
discontinued. Sorbent Systems no longer sells the Tilia type bags. .

FWIW, the B&D systems got mixed reviews on Amazon.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Jack Sloan

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
om...

> "Jack Sloan" > wrote in message
>
> > IIRC This particular thread started with the fact that the Black and

> Decker
> > bags work fine.
> > Jack

> It was established that they sealed OK, but never found out if they pulled

> vacuum with the Foodsaver. They must have air channels to work that way.
> Can anyone confirm that they do?
>
> I did some searching and found the bags were cheap, but no longer stocked

by
> Amazon. They did not give the width, but the rolls are 30' long. three for
> $9.95. They gave no other description. But were not in stock or
> discontinued. Sorbent Systems no longer sells the Tilia type bags. .
>
> FWIW, the B&D systems got mixed reviews on Amazon.
> Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Worked fine = seals and vacs FINE...ok?
Jack

Edwin Pawlowski

"Jack Sloan" > wrote in message

> Worked fine = seals and vacs FINE...ok?
> Jack

If you used them and say so, OK. If not, NO, it is not fine or OK.

Sorry to be doubtful, but I've seen too many times that someone sealed a
bread bag or lunch bag and they thought is was just dandy and it "worked
fine". But while it sealed, it did not draw a vacuum.
Ed

Jack Sloan

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
om...

> "Jack Sloan" > wrote in message
> > >

> > Worked fine = seals and vacs FINE...ok?
> > Jack
> >

> If you used them and say so, OK. If not, NO, it is not fine or OK.
>
> Sorry to be doubtful, but I've seen too many times that someone sealed a
> bread bag or lunch bag and they thought is was just dandy and it "worked
> fine". But while it sealed, it did not draw a vacuum.
> Ed

I have used both sizes of rolls in B&D and tilia. I have not used any bags
from either company. The B&d rolls both seal and vacuum as well as the tilia
rolls. I swear this to be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the
truth.
Jack

Jack Sloan

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
om...

> "Jack Sloan" > wrote in message
> > >

> > Worked fine = seals and vacs FINE...ok?
> > Jack
> >

> If you used them and say so, OK. If not, NO, it is not fine or OK.
>
> Sorry to be doubtful, but I've seen too many times that someone sealed a
> bread bag or lunch bag and they thought is was just dandy and it "worked
> fine". But while it sealed, it did not draw a vacuum.
> Ed

My foodsaver will NOT pull a vac on potato chip bags. Not Lays chips .Not
Fritos. Not Ruffles. It will,however, pull a vac on Black and Decker rolls.
Ed, that's three testimonials from me. You must remember that I am from
Texas and a Republican and perhaps by definition not to be trusted. Maybe
two or three others have used the B&D bags or rolls and will come to my
support and bring you to the dark side of B&D.
Jack<G>

Edwin Pawlowski

"Jack Sloan"
> My foodsaver will NOT pull a vac on potato chip bags. Not Lays chips .Not
> Fritos. Not Ruffles. It will,however, pull a vac on Black and Decker

rolls.
> Ed, that's three testimonials from me. You must remember that I am from
> Texas and a Republican and perhaps by definition not to be trusted.

Maybe
> two or three others have used the B&D bags or rolls and will come to my
> support and bring you to the dark side of B&D.
> Jack<G>

YOU I trust. Even if you are from Texas. It is some of the other a$$&0es
that think their 30 year old Daisy Seal-A-Meal is better than the vacuum of
outer space.

I'll be looking for some B&D rolls in the future.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

zxcvbob

Stan (the Man) wrote:

> Walter H. Lewis III wrote:
>
>> Try here! cheepest I've found yet
>>
>> http://www.dessicant.com/channel_bags.html
>>
>> Walt

> You've tried these with the Tilia and they work?

I've tried 'em and they work. But I think Tilia rolls at Sam's Club are a
little cheaper.

Bob

Edwin Pawlowski

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message > >> Try here! cheepest
I've found yet

> >> http://www.dessicant.com/channel_bags.html
> >>
> >> Walt

> > You've tried these with the Tilia and they work?
> >

> I've tried 'em and they work. But I think Tilia rolls at Sam's Club are a
> little cheaper.

They no longer sell the Tilia style bags. They go caught selling out the
back door, so to speak.

Larry Noah

In article >, "Edwin Pawlowski"
> writes:

>It was established that they sealed OK, but never found out if they pulled a
>vacuum with the Foodsaver. They must have air channels to work that way.
>Can anyone confirm that they do?

READ MY LIPS - The B&D rolls SEAL with the Foodsaver - They VACUUM with the
Foodsaver - They ignore your rule that the MJST have air channels as they do
not.

Larry Noah

Edwin Pawlowski

"Larry Noah" > wrote in message

> READ MY LIPS -

I don't read lips. You just never know where they have been.

Hahabogus

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in
om:

> YOU I trust. Even if you are from Texas. It is some of the other
> a$$&0es that think their 30 year old Daisy Seal-A-Meal is better than
> the vacuum of outer space.

I doubt highly that either tilia or B&D imports their vaccum from outer
space. The aforementioned vaccum probably comes from Texas as well.
Stan (the Man)

Larry Noah wrote:
> In article >, "Edwin Pawlowski"
> > writes:
>

>>It was established that they sealed OK, but never found out if they pulled a
>>vacuum with the Foodsaver. They must have air channels to work that way.
>>Can anyone confirm that they do?
>>

> READ MY LIPS - The B&D rolls SEAL with the Foodsaver - They VACUUM with the
> Foodsaver - They ignore your rule that the MJST have air channels as they do
> not.

Actually, the B&D bags do have air channels of a sort. They're just not
etched onto the bag, itself. They incorporate two interior "wings" of
mesh material which provide the channel for air extraction.

--
Stan
<http://www.tocquevillian.com>

Edwin Pawlowski

"Stan (the Man)" > wrote in message
> Actually, the B&D bags do have air channels of a sort. They're just not
> etched onto the bag, itself. They incorporate two interior "wings" of
> mesh material which provide the channel for air extraction.
>
> --

Thank you. I figured there must be some way to evacuate the air. Now to
find a source as I've not seen them in stores (but have not looked all that
hard either) and did not find them in a quick search of web sites.
Ed

Stan (the Man)

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> "Stan (the Man)" > wrote in message
>
>>Actually, the B&D bags do have air channels of a sort. They're just not
>>etched onto the bag, itself. They incorporate two interior "wings" of
>>mesh material which provide the channel for air extraction.
>>
>>--

> Thank you. I figured there must be some way to evacuate the air. Now to
> find a source as I've not seen them in stores (but have not looked all that
> hard either) and did not find them in a quick search of web sites.
> Ed

As I posted originally, I got them at WalMart.

--
Stan
<http://www.tocquevillian.com>

Vacuum sealer bags GoodCook Preserving 1 05-07-2009 05:04 PM
Vacuum Sealer [email protected] Preserving 1 10-01-2005 03:05 AM
Vacuum bag sealer P and H Macguire Cooking Equipment 9 26-07-2004 07:31 PM
Best-Vac vacuum sealer Red Cooking Equipment 1 07-07-2004 03:09 AM
B&D vacuum sealer KenCo Preserving 1 08-12-2003 05:20 PM