Spirit Rider

Default Winter time grilling

Howdy,
With winter weather approaching, I was wondering how many of you use
indoor
grills? I have the George Foreman grill which I like. However, I can
taste the difference between grills.

Noel Bell

Miles

Spirit Rider wrote:
> Howdy,
> With winter weather approaching, I was wondering how many of you use
> indoor
> grills? I have the George Foreman grill which I like. However, I can
> taste the difference between grills.

I live in Phoenix where winter time is the outdoor season. I have the
opposite problem. I tend to not do much outdoor cooking in the summer
except when camping up in the mountains.

Jack Schidt®

"Spirit Rider" > wrote in message
> Howdy,
> With winter weather approaching, I was wondering how many of you use
> indoor
> grills? I have the George Foreman grill which I like. However, I can
> taste the difference between grills.
>
> Noel Bell

I live in CT and grill outdoors all winter, provided the ambient temp is
above 15º or so. I don't consider food 'grilled' unless it's cooked over
wood produced high heat. My dos pesos

Jack

The Fat Man®

Jack Schidt® wrote:
> "Spirit Rider" > wrote in message
>> Howdy,
>> With winter weather approaching, I was wondering how many of you use
>> indoor
>> grills? I have the George Foreman grill which I like. However, I can
>> taste the difference between grills.
>>
>> Noel Bell
>>

> I live in CT and grill outdoors all winter, provided the ambient temp
> is above 15º or so. I don't consider food 'grilled' unless it's
> cooked over wood produced high heat. My dos pesos

There ya go, Jack! I know Tn ain't known for it's cold winters, but it
deserves honorable mention anyway for a southern state.

I reckon I cooked more outside there in the winter than I do here in the
summer. Seems to always want to rain right about the time I want to cook
here.

Speaking of rain, it's dumped about 4 inches on us in the last 2 hours.
Can't see the grass, can't see the street, can't see any reason to go
outside and cook.

Hot peppers, cheese and cold beer sounds good tonight.

TFM®

DArbabi

Here in sunny, warm Massachusetts (not), I have my WSM runnin' all year
'round. As a matter of fact, my cooker is the first thing I shovel out when
the snow starts falling.

I do use more fuel, but otherwise I have no trouble maintaining temps.

If I didnt BBQ in the "R" months, I would probably go into withdrawal!

Jack Schidt®

"The Fat Man®" > wrote in message
om...
> Jack Schidt® wrote:
> > "Spirit Rider" > wrote in message
> >> Howdy,
> >> With winter weather approaching, I was wondering how many of you use
> >> indoor
> >> grills? I have the George Foreman grill which I like. However, I can
> >> taste the difference between grills.
> >>
> >> Noel Bell
> >>

> > I live in CT and grill outdoors all winter, provided the ambient temp
> > is above 15º or so. I don't consider food 'grilled' unless it's
> > cooked over wood produced high heat. My dos pesos
> >

> There ya go, Jack! I know Tn ain't known for it's cold winters, but it
> deserves honorable mention anyway for a southern state.

I think all our winters pale compared to Harry D up in Ice Station Calgary.
My place in E TN gets plenty cold, maybe only 10º warmer than here in CT.

> I reckon I cooked more outside there in the winter than I do here in the
> summer. Seems to always want to rain right about the time I want to cook
> here.
>
> Speaking of rain, it's dumped about 4 inches on us in the last 2 hours.
> Can't see the grass, can't see the street, can't see any reason to go
> outside and cook.

Hear that. Cold I can take; getting soaking wet just don't send me.

> Hot peppers, cheese and cold beer sounds good tonight.

I got frosted so I picked the last of my crop of chiles. Stunted poblanos,
ok serranos, lotsa tabascos. I'm drying and grinding up the tb's for
powder.

Jack

Jack Sloan

"frohe" > wrote in message
> Spirit Rider wrote:
> > Howdy,
> > With winter weather approaching, I was wondering how many of you use
> > indoor
> > grills? I have the George Foreman grill which I like. However, I can
> > taste the difference between grills.

> Sure you can taste the difference - no wood smoke.
>
> We have a Foreman grill the kids use to make burgers and the like but

Texas
> don't get that cold that I can't bundle up when I go outside. Sides, I
> ain't out there all that long.
>
> --
> -frohe
> Life is too short to be in a hurry

If I'm gonna grill or smoke on one of the 3 days a year it gets cool here I
just put on a longsleeved shirt and go out and fight mosquitos and cook.
Jack

Edwin Pawlowski

"Spirit Rider" > wrote in message
> Howdy,
> With winter weather approaching, I was wondering how many of you use
> indoor
> grills? I have the George Foreman grill which I like. However, I can
> taste the difference between grills.
>
> Noel Bell

I grill less, but I don't stop. Sometimes I'll grill in the wood burning
stove.

We do tend to change menus as the season change and have more pot roasts,
lasagna, etc. but some thing just have to be cooked on a grill.
Ed

frohe

Spirit Rider wrote:
> Howdy,
> With winter weather approaching, I was wondering how many of you use
> indoor
> grills? I have the George Foreman grill which I like. However, I can
> taste the difference between grills.

Sure you can taste the difference - no wood smoke.

We have a Foreman grill the kids use to make burgers and the like but Texas
don't get that cold that I can't bundle up when I go outside. Sides, I
ain't out there all that long.

--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry

BOB

Spirit Rider typed:
> Howdy,
> With winter weather approaching, I was wondering how many of you use
> indoor
> grills? I have the George Foreman grill which I like. However, I can
> taste the difference between grills.
>
> Noel Bell

Here in Florida, it doesn't get that cold very often, *BUT* the few times
that it does get below freezing, it seems like I'm always trying to cook an
all nighter. Most times, I put on a jacket, but the last time last year, I
did put on a pair of shoes. That damn ice sure is slippery under bare feet.

BOB

Mark

I live north of Buffalo NY Grill and smoke year around.
Matthew L. Martin

Spirit Rider wrote:

> Howdy,
> With winter weather approaching, I was wondering how many of you use
> indoor
> grills? I have the George Foreman grill which I like. However, I can
> taste the difference between grills.

I use my CharBroil gas grill 3 to 5 times a week year round. Some weeks
in the summer I use it 7 to 10 times.

Matthew

--
<http://www.mlmartin.com/bbq/>

Thermodynamics For Dummies: You can't win.
You can't break even.
You can't get out of the game.

Steve Calvin

Matthew L. Martin wrote:

> Spirit Rider wrote:
>
>> Howdy,
>> With winter weather approaching, I was wondering how many of you use
>> indoor
>> grills? I have the George Foreman grill which I like. However, I can
>> taste the difference between grills.
>>

> I use my CharBroil gas grill 3 to 5 times a week year round. Some weeks
> in the summer I use it 7 to 10 times.
>
> Matthew

I use my grill all winter - no problem inthe Mid-Hudson Valley of cold
and snowy New York.

--
Steve

Harry Demidavicius

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 15:17:16 GMT, "Matthew L. Martin"
> wrote:

>Spirit Rider wrote:
>
>> Howdy,
>> With winter weather approaching, I was wondering how many of you use
>> indoor
>> grills? I have the George Foreman grill which I like. However, I can
>> taste the difference between grills.
>>

>I use my CharBroil gas grill 3 to 5 times a week year round. Some weeks
>in the summer I use it 7 to 10 times.
>
>Matthew

I grill the year round, but don't do much BBQ in the really cold
times. So the K7 is not overworked in Winter.
Maybe if I buy the BBQ Guru for it, that may change. But right now
it's not sufficiently important to me to spend $200 US plus shipping.
The K3 mostly grills although I occasionally do set it up for lo/slo

Harry