Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Good 'cue at the Fair

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
>i would have been all over the turkey, Lee

I would too. Consistently good Turkey - that is worth tasting, discussing,
and making notes.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

one of the things i have planned when santa brings my smoker is smoking
turkey rolls, DH debones a whole turkey and makes rolls we have roasted and
slow cooked and stewed for want of a better word... i was just thinking the
other day one of the first things i want to smoke is these turkey rolls, we
eat a lot of turkkey, Lee

--
Have a great day
"Wallace" > wrote in message

> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>>i would have been all over the turkey, Lee

> I would too. Consistently good Turkey - that is worth tasting,
> discussing, and making notes.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" > wrote:
> well then i can come over for the duck, i haven't met much bird i didn't
> care for, pheaseant can be unpleaseant if not cooked properly, Lee

[ . . . ]

Properly aged and cooked pheasant is wonderful. I agree with Wayne about
turkey. It's my second least favorite bird, after seagull. If you haven't
tried seagull, don't!!!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

tha doesn't even sound good, Lee

--
Have a wonderful day

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>> well then i can come over for the duck, i haven't met much bird i didn't
>> care for, pheaseant can be unpleaseant if not cooked properly, Lee

> [ . . . ]
>
> Properly aged and cooked pheasant is wonderful. I agree with Wayne about
> turkey. It's my second least favorite bird, after seagull. If you haven't
> tried seagull, don't!!!
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" > wrote:
> tha doesn't even sound good, Lee

> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> If you haven't tried seagull, don't!!!

Days of poverty, 48 years ago. Bird that tastes like rotten fish. Once
tried, forever denied!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

I must admit being poor can definitely open one to eating things that
otherwise would not be considered, but like you, there are a few things that
make hunger a bit more tolerable.

Lee

--
Have a wonderful day

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>> tha doesn't even sound good, Lee

>> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>> If you haven't tried seagull, don't!!!

> Days of poverty, 48 years ago. Bird that tastes like rotten fish. Once
> tried, forever denied!
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> tha doesn't even sound good, Lee
>
> --
> Have a wonderful day
>
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>>> well then i can come over for the duck, i haven't met much
>>> bird i didn't
>>> care for, pheaseant can be unpleaseant if not cooked properly,
>>> Lee

>> [ . . . ]
>>
>> Properly aged and cooked pheasant is wonderful. I agree with
>> Wayne about
>> turkey. It's my second least favorite bird, after seagull. If
>> you haven't
>> tried seagull, don't!!!
>>
>> --
>> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans
>> and their
>> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a
>> Veteran!
>> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not
>> forgotten.
>> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC
>> 1365061

A friend of mine was in law school at U of Chicago long ago. He
enjoyed Shakespeare and joined the Shakespeare group on campus to
get to know some of the theater folk. The decided that on
Shakespeare's birthday or some other Shakespearean holiday that
they'd have a swan roast. There were some wild swans in a park,
so my friend managed to coax a couple of them "onto a spit," so to
speak. They were ceremonially-like roasted and served to the
Shakespearean group.

According to my buddy, not one of the group, including himself,
was drunk enough to be able to down a single mouthful of roasted
Swan. He said that it tasted like turkey that had been seasoned
with motor oil that had passed through a skunk.

--
Nonny

You cannot make a stupid kid smart by
handing him a diploma. Schools need standards
to measure the amount of education actually
absorbed by children. Don’t sacrifice the smart
kids to make the dumb ones feel good about themselves.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

bletch, Lee

--
Have a wonderful day