Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default My Books are Ready...

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Austin Public Library -- Manchaca Branch

"PICKUP NOTICE"

The item(s) that you requested are now available, and will be held
at the specified location for 10 calendar days from the date of this
notice.

"Keep Austin Reading!"

1 Charcuterie : the craft of salting, smoking, and curing
Michael
Ruhlman and Brian Polcyn ; foreword by Thomas Keller ;
illustrations by
Yevgeniy Solovyev.
Ruhlman, Michael, 1963-
call number:641.61 RU copy:1

2 Great sausage recipes and meat curing / by Rytek Kutas ; with
sketches
by Christine Engla Eber.
Kutas, Rytek.
call number:641.66 KU copy:1
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 22:42:49 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>Tuesday, August 4, 2009
>
>Austin Public Library -- Manchaca Branch
>
> "PICKUP NOTICE"
>
>The item(s) that you requested are now available, and will be held
>at the specified location for 10 calendar days from the date of this
>notice.
>
>"Keep Austin Reading!"
>
> 1 Charcuterie : the craft of salting, smoking, and curing
>Michael
> Ruhlman and Brian Polcyn ; foreword by Thomas Keller ;
>illustrations by
> Yevgeniy Solovyev.
> Ruhlman, Michael, 1963-
> call number:641.61 RU copy:1
>
> 2 Great sausage recipes and meat curing / by Rytek Kutas ; with
>sketches
> by Christine Engla Eber.
> Kutas, Rytek.
> call number:641.66 KU copy:1

Yum! Let me know when the food'll be ready and I'll come on by!

Desideria
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:

>Tuesday, August 4, 2009
>
>Austin Public Library -- Manchaca Branch
>
> "PICKUP NOTICE"
>
>The item(s) that you requested are now available, and will be held
>at the specified location for 10 calendar days from the date of this
>notice.
>
>"Keep Austin Reading!"
>
> 1 Charcuterie : the craft of salting, smoking, and curing
>Michael
> Ruhlman and Brian Polcyn ; foreword by Thomas Keller ;
>illustrations by
> Yevgeniy Solovyev.
> Ruhlman, Michael, 1963-
> call number:641.61 RU copy:1
>
> 2 Great sausage recipes and meat curing / by Rytek Kutas ; with
>sketches
> by Christine Engla Eber.
> Kutas, Rytek.
> call number:641.66 KU copy:1

I own both of those excellent books. I think No. 2 is pretty well
considered the bible of sausage making.
Here's a couple of others from my collection you may want to look at:

Home Sausage Making: How-to Techniques for Making and Enjoying 100
Sausages at Home.
Susan Mahnke Peery & Charles G. Reavis
ISBN 13:978-1-58017-471-8

Bruce Aidells' Complete Sausage Book: Recipes from America's Premium
Sausage Maker.
Bruce Aidells and Denis Kelly
ISBN 13:978-1-58008-159-7

Home made sausages are great!

Ross.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Aug 4, 10:42*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> Tuesday, August 4, 2009
>
> Austin Public Library -- Manchaca Branch
>
> * * * * * * * * * *"PICKUP NOTICE"
>
> The item(s) that you requested are now available, and will be held
> at the specified location for 10 calendar days from the date of this
> notice.
>
> "Keep Austin Reading!"
>
> * 1 * Charcuterie : the craft of salting, smoking, and curing
> Michael
> * * * Ruhlman and Brian Polcyn ; foreword by Thomas Keller ;
> illustrations by
> * * * Yevgeniy Solovyev.
> * * * Ruhlman, Michael, 1963-
> * * * call number:641.61 RU * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * copy:1 * *
>
> * 2 * Great sausage recipes and meat curing / by Rytek Kutas ; with
> sketches
> * * * by Christine Engla Eber.
> * * * Kutas, Rytek.
> * * * call number:641.66 KU * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * copy:1 * *

Ruhlman's book rules. Do take a ride on the salmon & shrimp terrine.
Gorgeous, and tasty too.
Aidells; as rossr35. . .posted, is also a class act.

Pierre
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

American Charcuterie, by Victoria Wise, chef/owner of Pig by the Tail in
Berkeley is well worth looking at:
http://cweb.ccclib.org/cgi-bin/cw_cg...00+192775+1+-1
Unfortunately Pig by the Tail is no more.