Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default (bbq) Easy to make sauce suggestions please

On 1-Jun-2009, Desideria > wrote:

> On Sun, 31 May 2009 22:57:22 -0500, "Nunya Bidnits"
> > wrote:
>
> >In ,
> >Sqwertz > typed:

> >> This is why the best cooking information and recipes are from
> >> old-fashioned cookbooks.
> >>
> >> -sw

> >Joy of Cooking for example... I have three versions, oldest is 1976 I
> >think,
> >but would like to find even older ones. The later version had some
> >issues
> >with indexing and reference that sucked, but still is a very good
> >reference,
> >just not quite as complete as the older ones in describing ingredients
> >and
> >methods. Still, if a non-professional cook could only could have one
> >cookbook ever, I would strongly recommend Joy.
> >
> >MartyB in KC

> I have one of the old paperback sets, and feel very lucky to have it.
>

> Desideria

My "Joy Of Cooking" is '1964' and it indicates the first printing was
'1931'. It's as good now as it was 45 years ago.

--
Brick WA7ERO (Youth is wasted on young people)

How To Make Nutella At Home very easy Cooking7g General Cooking 6 01-08-2015 06:26 PM
How to make perfect eggs over easy? pamjd General Cooking 23 08-08-2007 10:04 PM
Easy to make snacks Dipsee Recipes 0 31-10-2006 08:49 AM
Easy to make Pancakes [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 20-04-2006 03:15 AM
Help need easy recipe to make for my family Kerry General Cooking 21 12-02-2005 01:55 PM