Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Skil 2348-01 4.8-Volt Twist Screwdriver

Price:$39.66
Image: http://thediscountguru.info/image.php?id=B000WMV168
Best deal: http://thediscountguru.info/index.php?id=B000WMV168

This is a great addition to my tools. It is light and compact, tuff with lots of power. The built in light and directional indicators are a great plus.Only complaint is that there is nowhere to store the tips.
This product is not strong enough and will run out of power only after a few try,s. also foward and backward is always getting mixed with a slight touch af hand. I would ( NOT ) recomend this product for the serious do it your selfer.
I've been using this for almost three years now. It's a very handy tool, great for using around the house, especially things that require very long screws.Pros:-It's lightweight so you can work upside down without your arm getting tired unlike the heavy duty power drivers.-It's convenient so when you need it right away, it's already charged and ready to go.-Long lasting Lithium Ion batteries allows me to work on a job for over an hour at a time. Recently, I've been able to take down and put back up curtain rods for the whole house without a recharge when repainting my walls. And this is after I've had it for over 3 years so the you can tell that the rechargeable batteries are really good.-Great price.Cons:-Limited bits. That's minor and I was able to go out and buy an extra set of bits to complement this. Be sure to get magnetic ones (they are so helpful when aligning the screws with no hands.-Lower power than the professional cordless ones. This is also minor for me. I am able to do all the work around the household including furniture assembly and such. As long as you're not changing tires or other heavy duty work, you should be okay.-The direction reversing toggle sometimes gets stuck on neutral when you're using the screwdriver. Again minor.If you are using manual screwdrivers, you definitely need to get this. It will save you time and strain on your wrist/arm.
I did not expect a lot when I ordered this little cordless screwdriver at one of them Amazon lightning deals specials but, it turns out, this is one rare case where the item delivered met AND exceeded my expectations.Let me first deal with the no-so-good aspects so if anyone has those as a 'must have' they can stop reading and look for something else.- There is no easy way to store the 2 provided bits. Some screwdrivers provide some storage for bits, usually in the handle but this one does not. On the other hand, it's using standard bits so there's no danger for it to become useless because one bit was lost.- Yes, it's not suited for heavy duty work. This is not a 'professional' tool.Now, for the other (good) features:- The adjustable handle feature allows for it to be used with either a pistol grip or an in-line (straight) grip.- The one LED light can be turned on whenever better visibility is needed.- The bit holder is always locked when not in use. This way, whenever higher torque is needed, you can operate it by hand and you can have a lot of torque when it's in the 'pistol grip' configuration.- The trigger lock also operates as a forward-reverse lever.- Green/yellow indicator lights tell you whether you are operating it in forward or reverse.- Magnetic 1/4" hex-shank bit holder uses standard bits - Phillips and flat bit are provided.- Surprisingly solid built with what appear to be good-quality materials. It has that feel that it's going to last forever.Let me restate that I am VERY pleased with this purchase. The shape-shifting (pistol/in-line grip) makes for a most versatile tool whenever a lot of power is not required. While not 'professional grade', this Skil screwdriver feels like a solid, well-built, reliable tool. In addition, its small size makes it for a perfect 'entry level' tool that my pre-teen boys will be able to use without them being intimidated by too large a size.
Too weak, can't be used for heavy-duty work. Give me my 19 volt Dewalt Power driver anyday.I consider this a kids toy.
Skil, 4.8V, Compact Screwdriver, 2 Position Pistol & In Line Design In One, On Tool LED Directional Arrows Clearly Show Which Way The Tool Is Spinning. Built-In Work Light For Increased Visibility In Dark Areas, Ergonomic Soft Grip Handle For Comfortable Handling, Comfortable 2 Finger Trigger For Better Control. Rechargeable With Charger Included.

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

Accutire MS-4751WC Digital Programmable Tire Gauge with Light:http://thediscountguru.info/index.php?id=B000RN4GT6
I Love Lucy: Complete Series (34pc) (Full Gift):http://thediscountguru.info/index.php?id=B000TGJ8B2
McAfee Total Protection 2009 3-User:http://thediscountguru.info/index.php?id=B001EAUDQ6