Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default The proper way to Q RCGH's

Rock Cornish Game Hens: The proper way to barbecue by
perfumeTheMovie:

Place chick in pot; cover with water. Add some chicken backs and
necks. Simmer rock cornish hen(skimming off)until done. Keep pot on
low low simmer(2 bubbles per minute)add mirepoix and simmer slow for
18 hours. Strain and reduce by half and make a dipping sauce. See
net for details. Leave chick out overnight; wrapped in plastic seal.
Maybe microbes grow, but I've never had a problem but use this method
at your own risk. I make no claims that you won't get sick or even
die. You can refrigerate, but it will not be the same.
Put hen in oven on 200 degrees F and baste with dipping sauce. Serve
with dipping sauce. Yum yum.
The secret is in the double cooking method.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

perfumeTheMovie wrote:
> Rock Cornish Game Hens: The proper way to barbecue by
> perfumeTheMovie:
>
> Place chick in pot; cover with water. Add some chicken backs and
> necks. Simmer rock cornish hen(skimming off)until done. Keep pot on
> low low simmer(2 bubbles per minute)add mirepoix and simmer slow for
> 18 hours. Strain and reduce by half and make a dipping sauce. See
> net for details. Leave chick out overnight; wrapped in plastic seal.
> Maybe microbes grow, but I've never had a problem but use this method
> at your own risk. I make no claims that you won't get sick or even
> die. You can refrigerate, but it will not be the same.
> Put hen in oven on 200 degrees F and baste with dipping sauce. Serve
> with dipping sauce. Yum yum.
> The secret is in the double cooking method.

P-tooey. Best put the recipe in RFC where they don't understand what bbq is.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"perfumeTheMovie" > wrote in message
> Rock Cornish Game Hens: The proper way to barbecue by
> perfumeTheMovie:
>
> Place chick in pot; cover with water.

Proper?
That is the absolute worst recipe for bbq anything that I can imagine. You
lost it in the first sentence. I pity your family if they actually have to
eat that crap.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 16-Dec-2007, "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:

> "perfumeTheMovie" > wrote in message
> > Rock Cornish Game Hens: The proper way to barbecue by
> > perfumeTheMovie:
> >
> > Place chick in pot; cover with water.

> Proper?
> That is the absolute worst recipe for bbq anything that I can imagine.
> You
> lost it in the first sentence. I pity your family if they actually have
> eat that crap.

I hate to say it Ed, but I think you and Dave Bugg have been trolled
bigtime. The posts are all from google groups. That handle has never
been seen here before. The content is insane to say the least. My
money says one of our regulars got bored.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Brick" > wrote in message

>> > Place chick in pot; cover with water.

> I hate to say it Ed, but I think you and Dave Bugg have been trolled
> bigtime.

I sure hope so. To foist off food like that would be worse than falling for
a troll.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Dec 17, 9:06 pm, "Brick" > wrote:
> On 16-Dec-2007, "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:
>
> > "perfumeTheMovie" > wrote in message
> > > Rock Cornish Game Hens: The proper way to barbecue by
> > > perfumeTheMovie:

> > > Place chick in pot; cover with water.

> > Proper?
> > That is the absolute worst recipe for bbq anything that I can imagine.
> > You
> > lost it in the first sentence. I pity your family if they actually have
> > eat that crap.

> I hate to say it Ed, but I think you and Dave Bugg have been trolled
> bigtime. The posts are all from google groups. That handle has never
> been seen here before. The content is insane to say the least. My
> money says one of our regulars got bored.

I'd hate to think he's one of our regulars, he also posts regularly at
alt.revisionism where he claims the Holocaust didn't happen and
Auschwitz was a spa resort.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Dec 17, 11:06 pm, "Brick" > wrote:

> I hate to say it Ed, but I think you and Dave Bugg have been trolled
> bigtime. The posts are all from google groups. That handle has >never been seen here before. The content is insane to say the >least. My money says one of our regulars got bored.

Welll Brick, I too heard the *whoosh* of the rod going through the
air, the nearly silent *zzzzzzzzzzzzz* of the line spinning off the
reel, and then the **plop** of the lure in the water. I thought it
was just me...

I participate heavily in a couple of other groups, and from time to
time this type of thing shows up and someone in the boat gets a real
charge out of the more sensistive (or just quick on the keyboard!)
participants defending the honor of the group.

It just doesn't seem that long ago that Guv Bob was haulin' 'em in.

Robert

proper lifting Steve Freides[_2_] General Cooking 2 21-11-2012 04:05 AM
How to Keep yourself fit with proper diet akhtar General Cooking 0 24-07-2007 04:28 PM
The proper way to do ribs [email protected] Barbecue 0 24-04-2006 04:13 PM
Proper way biig General Cooking 13 02-01-2006 03:52 PM
Proper way Ophelia General Cooking 1 29-12-2005 09:19 PM