Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Raising the Nam Sang

This is only very loosely related to Q, but for those that have
followed or been interested in Kamado and its founder, Richard
Johnson, there is a very interesting bit of investigative work
reported he http://kamadofraudforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=507

As some may already know, Johnson has talked for years about the boat
he sunk and his desires to salvage it. There are some articles
summarized there detailing what happened to the boat, its origins, and
how it lead to the founding of Kamado in the 90's. It's amazing what
you can find on the internet.

zombie_Q

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Oct 17, 3:22 pm, wrote:
> This is only very loosely related to Q, but for those that have
> followed or been interested in Kamado and its founder, Richard
> Johnson, there is a very interesting bit of investigative work
> reported he http://kamadofraudforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=507
>
> As some may already know, Johnson has talked for years about the boat
> he sunk and his desires to salvage it. There are some articles
> summarized there detailing what happened to the boat, its origins, and
> how it lead to the founding of Kamado in the 90's. It's amazing what
> you can find on the internet.
>
> zombie_Q

Holy Crap. I consider us lucky. We paid for and recieved our K in a
timely manor. We've had 2 or 3 tiles come off which DH fixed and
regrouted and you cannot spot where he did it.
At this point, I would not deal with Kamado, but it is surely a fine
product that we use many times per week.
What a shame such a talented man has such a bad reputation, and we all
know where there is smoke, there is fire, much of it that he admits to
over the years. Amazing.
Thanks for posting.
OH

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Olde Hippee wrote:

> On Oct 17, 3:22 pm, wrote:
>> This is only very loosely related to Q, but for those that have
>> followed or been interested in Kamado and its founder, Richard
>> Johnson, there is a very interesting bit of investigative work
>> reported he http://kamadofraudforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=507

snip....
> At this point, I would not deal with Kamado, but it is surely a fine
> product that we use many times per week.
> What a shame such a talented man has such a bad reputation, and we all
> know where there is smoke, there is fire, much of it that he admits to
> over the years. Amazing.

I feel the same way. My Kamado #7 has never had a problem in the 8 years
I've owned it, but that was then and Richard Johnson's Kamado company and
product has fallen into the crapper. I am very enthusiastic about the superb
way in which kamados work as a bbq pit, and then are able to turn around and
function just as superbly as a high-heat grill, and even as a pizza and
bread oven. IMO, the kamado (Primo, Big Green Egg, Komodo-Kamado, et al) is
the best outdoor cooking equipment around and can easily replace the
stand-alone grill and bbq pit. Fortunately, there are several kamado makers
who currently produce a very high-quality product and who also run their
companies in a competent fashion.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com