Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Any funny cue stories?

Any funny stories about cue'in you have to share?

1st time I really tried to smoke anything it was baby backs. OK, what
did I know? Soaked wood chunks over night and fired up a $30 smoker.
Smoked those babies for 10 hours at about 225-375. Yea, low and slow
right?

Those ribs made some great fire place starter chunks! The dog wouldn't
even eat them.

That wasn't the worst part. I did this on my lower deck. My bedroom
window was directly above. The bed room window was open, as was the
closet with all my suits. The ones I had to wear to work. This was on
a Sunday. No way to get those suits clean for work the next day.

My next door nieghbor had also hung some whites to dry. He didn't like
me too much after that.

House smelled like Hickory for weeks.

Wife said I should never try that again.

I blamed the $30 smoker.

Now my wife loves it when I cue.

If you love cue never quit! It's like sex. Keep doin it till you get
it right. It only gets better if you keep on doing it!

Oh, and close the windows!