Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default New Weber Line Coming out Next Month !!

pretty

http://www.bbqoutfitters.com/grills-weber-c-1_16.html

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

g.711 wrote:
> pretty
>

> http://www.bbqoutfitters.com/grills-weber-c-1_16.html

To each their own. I don't see what the big draw is to
stainless but <shrug>

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
LT LT is offline

> > http://www.bbqoutfitters.com/grills-weber-c-1_16.html
> >

> To each their own. I don't see what the big draw is to
> stainless but <shrug>
>
> --
> Steve

New look, but appears performance and features haven't changed much. Stuck
in that 42,000 btu range. Thought surly, a new line would have upped that a
bit. Although I've got and like a Weber, I sometimes wish it got a bit
hotter.

Larry T

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

LT wrote:

> New look, but appears performance and features haven't changed much. Stuck
> in that 42,000 btu range. Thought surly, a new line would have upped that a
> bit. Although I've got and like a Weber, I sometimes wish it got a bit
> hotter.
>
> Larry T

42,000 is more btu?
My Weber gets plenty hot I get 700 with no trouble at all. But I rarely
use that kinda heat, Burgers, Fish, Dogs and veggies don't need high
heat
Do you have the 2 burner or 3?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

g.711 wrote:
> LT wrote:
>
>> New look, but appears performance and features haven't changed much. Stuck
>> in that 42,000 btu range. Thought surly, a new line would have upped that a
>> bit. Although I've got and like a Weber, I sometimes wish it got a bit
>> hotter.
>>
>> Larry T

> 42,000 is more btu?
> My Weber gets plenty hot I get 700 with no trouble at all. But I rarely
> use that kinda heat, Burgers, Fish, Dogs and veggies don't need high
> heat
> Do you have the 2 burner or 3?

I believe that LT was saying that it was surprising that it
was still around the 42K BTU range and not higher.

I use high heat on my Silver B most of the time, except for
some fish but even for quite a few of those. To each their own.

--
Steve

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

I also get close to 700F at the cast-iron grates of my Weber 900.

"g.711" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> LT wrote:
>> > >

>> New look, but appears performance and features haven't changed much.
>> Stuck
>> in that 42,000 btu range. Thought surly, a new line would have upped that
>> bit. Although I've got and like a Weber, I sometimes wish it got a bit
>> hotter.
>>
>> Larry T

> 42,000 is more btu?
> My Weber gets plenty hot I get 700 with no trouble at all. But I rarely
> use that kinda heat, Burgers, Fish, Dogs and veggies don't need high
> heat
> Do you have the 2 burner or 3?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

I also get close to 700F at the cast-iron grates of my Weber 900.

"g.711" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> LT wrote:
>> > >

>> New look, but appears performance and features haven't changed much.
>> Stuck
>> in that 42,000 btu range. Thought surly, a new line would have upped that
>> bit. Although I've got and like a Weber, I sometimes wish it got a bit
>> hotter.
>>
>> Larry T

> 42,000 is more btu?
> My Weber gets plenty hot I get 700 with no trouble at all. But I rarely
> use that kinda heat, Burgers, Fish, Dogs and veggies don't need high
> heat
> Do you have the 2 burner or 3?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
LT LT is offline

> I also get close to 700F at the cast-iron grates of my Weber 900.
>

> "g.711" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > LT wrote:
> >> > >

> >> New look, but appears performance and features haven't changed much.
> >> Stuck
> >> in that 42,000 btu range. Thought surly, a new line would have upped

that
> >> bit. Although I've got and like a Weber, I sometimes wish it got a bit
> >> hotter.
> >>
> >> Larry T

> > 42,000 is more btu?
> > My Weber gets plenty hot I get 700 with no trouble at all. But I rarely
> > use that kinda heat, Burgers, Fish, Dogs and veggies don't need high
> > heat
> > Do you have the 2 burner or 3?

Yes, I was commenting that I thought they'd up the BTU on new models. And
yes, I have a three burner Genesis Silver. I too can burry the thermostat
needle with lid closed and 4-5 min burn. But a bit higher btu would help a
little with searing steaks etc, when you want lid up. Or at least I usually
keep the lid up, so as not to "Bake" the steaks. Again, let me say this is
not a huge problem, and I can usually get a good sear but just not a fast as
other grills I've seen at higher BTU. This is something I would think they
(Weber) could easily address with some different porting on the fire tubs.
But, not being a thermal engineer, I really don't know if there are other
issues with higher btu.

Side note. I've seen a few places that are selling of the old models at some
nice discounts.

Larry T

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 1-Nov-2006, "LT" > wrote:

> > I also get close to 700F at the cast-iron grates of my Weber 900.

<snip>

> Yes, I was commenting that I thought they'd up the BTU on new models. And
> yes, I have a three burner Genesis Silver. I too can burry the thermostat
> needle with lid closed and 4-5 min burn. But a bit higher btu would help
> little with searing steaks etc, when you want lid up. Or at least I
> usually
> keep the lid up, so as not to "Bake" the steaks. Again, let me say this is
> not a huge problem, and I can usually get a good sear but just not a fast
> as
> other grills I've seen at higher BTU. This is something I would think they
> (Weber) could easily address with some different porting on the fire tubs.
> But, not being a thermal engineer, I really don't know if there are other
> issues with higher btu.
>
> Side note. I've seen a few places that are selling of the old models at
> some
> nice discounts.
>
> Larry T

Just a comment on this lid up or lid down thing. I cook over charcoal just
a couple of inches from the coals. My steaks (2") are done in four minutes
per side, no more. Lid down supresses flare-ups and keeps the steaks
from being incinerated. TFM® helped me tend some steaks awhile back
and I doubt that he will dispute that the results were excellent. I'm
talking
about serious heat at the surface of the meat though. There's virtually
no greasy smoke or grease loaded effluent reaching the meat. Drippings
are instantly incinerated. They don't have the opportunity to contaminate
the steaks. I have no idea how my charcoal grill translates to BTU's. I
do know that proper grilling of steak needs some serious heat at the
surface of the meat. I think it was nonymous that put together a serious
IR grill. I'm betting that he'll say the same thing. 700°F at the grill
surface
sounds like a good number. A loud sizzle must be heard instantly that
meat hits the grill and keep lalking throughout the grilling.

I did without a proper steak grilling capability for years and now that I
have it, I won't give it up.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >, wrote:

> IR grill. I'm betting that he'll say the same thing. 700°F at the grill surface
> sounds like a good number. A loud sizzle must be heard instantly that
> meat hits the grill and keep lalking throughout the grilling.

Ditto on that.. I use a ceramic kooker and have the easy ability to sit the
smaller grill I have literally on top of the coals and can get some SERIOUS
heat going if I really want it (I need one of those infrared thermometers)--
or I can put the grill up ~1' above the fire for not-so-hot heat. I'll
have to admit that I used to be a gassy kind of guy (no, not that kind of
gas!) and used nothing but propane BBQ's.. Now that I've switched back to
real lump (instead of Kingsford "stuff") and a ceramic BBQ, I'm absolutely
in heaven -- my neighbor NEVER came over before to see what I was kooing, so
that tells me a lot about what I'm doing right! Today I ordered the Stoker
BBQ Controller and will be trying it out sometime on Saturday afternoon/evening
for a kids party I'm hosting on Sunday -- we're cooking 2 pork butts, brisket,
ribs and perhaps burgers/dogs for the younger crowds -- my BBQ will be humming
for well in excess of 24 hours without a single re-load of lump if all goes
to plan.. Should be fun -- and I'll be able to sleep in peace knowing that the
Stoker will keep my fire going just right!

Sorry for the long winded post.. I guess my Q got the best of me!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
LT LT is offline

> Just a comment on this lid up or lid down thing. I cook over charcoal just
> a couple of inches from the coals. My steaks (2") are done in four

minutes
> per side, no more. Lid down supresses flare-ups and keeps the steaks
> from being incinerated. TFM® helped me tend some steaks awhile back
> and I doubt that he will dispute that the results were excellent. I'm
> talking
> about serious heat at the surface of the meat though. There's virtually
> no greasy smoke or grease loaded effluent reaching the meat. Drippings
> are instantly incinerated. They don't have the opportunity to contaminate
> the steaks. I have no idea how my charcoal grill translates to BTU's. I
> do know that proper grilling of steak needs some serious heat at the
> surface of the meat. I think it was nonymous that put together a serious
> IR grill. I'm betting that he'll say the same thing. 700°F at the grill
> surface
> sounds like a good number. A loud sizzle must be heard instantly that
> meat hits the grill and keep lalking throughout the grilling.
>
> I did without a proper steak grilling capability for years and now that I
> have it, I won't give it up.
>
> --
> Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)

I can't dispute anything said on this high heat for steaks issue. (tuna
steaks too)
And as suggested, when I'm doing serious steak cooking for guests etc or on
week end when we've got some good steaks and a little time, I'll break out
the old Weber charcoal, and use pretty much the method you describe. But, we
grill almost every day, year round. It's just the simplest way to get dinner
on the table, since both my wife and I don't get home until 6:45 - 7:00.
Turning on the gasser, and tossing some meat or fish on there gets us eating
pretty quick, and with less kitchen clean up. The Weber gasser does a good
job for this purpose, but a little more btu would be welcome. That was the
point I was trying to make.

And btw, Weber gassers have a pretty good system for preventing flair ups.
Even extra fatty meats are not a problem, and you can usually walk away for
a few minutes without too much worry. (unless you forget to clean the grease
trap, which WILL catch fire... yikes!)

Thanks

Larry T

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 2-Nov-2006, "LT" > wrote:

> > Just a comment on this lid up or lid down thing. I cook over charcoal
> > just
> > a couple of inches from the coals. My steaks (2") are done in four

> minutes
> > per side, no more. Lid down supresses flare-ups and keeps the steaks
> > from being incinerated. TFM® helped me tend some steaks awhile back
> > and I doubt that he will dispute that the results were excellent. I'm
> > talking
> > about serious heat at the surface of the meat though. There's virtually
> > no greasy smoke or grease loaded effluent reaching the meat. Drippings
> > are instantly incinerated. They don't have the opportunity to
> > contaminate
> > the steaks. I have no idea how my charcoal grill translates to BTU's. I
> > do know that proper grilling of steak needs some serious heat at the
> > surface of the meat. I think it was nonymous that put together a serious
> > IR grill. I'm betting that he'll say the same thing. 700°F at the grill
> > surface
> > sounds like a good number. A loud sizzle must be heard instantly that
> > meat hits the grill and keep lalking throughout the grilling.
> >
> > I did without a proper steak grilling capability for years and now that
> > have it, I won't give it up.
> >
> > --
> > Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)

> I can't dispute anything said on this high heat for steaks issue. (tuna
> steaks too)
> And as suggested, when I'm doing serious steak cooking for guests etc or
> on
> week end when we've got some good steaks and a little time, I'll break out
> the old Weber charcoal, and use pretty much the method you describe. But,
> we
> grill almost every day, year round. It's just the simplest way to get
> dinner
> on the table, since both my wife and I don't get home until 6:45 - 7:00.
> Turning on the gasser, and tossing some meat or fish on there gets us
> eating
> pretty quick, and with less kitchen clean up. The Weber gasser does a
> good
> job for this purpose, but a little more btu would be welcome. That was the
> point I was trying to make.
>
> And btw, Weber gassers have a pretty good system for preventing flair ups.
> Even extra fatty meats are not a problem, and you can usually walk away
> for
> a few minutes without too much worry. (unless you forget to clean the
> grease
> trap, which WILL catch fire... yikes!)
>
> Thanks
>
> Larry T

And I do exactly the same Larry. I make a lot of exceptions that I wouldn't
like to make if it weren't for constraints imposed by ordinary events in my
household. A good friend who's passed his grilling days has given me his
gasser. I haven't even seen it yet. I think it's an upper middleclass
Ducane.
When I get it installed, I will no doubt do exactly as you do. Hell, I even
use a panini grill pretty often. But some foods really need high heat and
everything less is a tradeoff. We don't always get to do what we want to
do to make the best possible meal. Good cooking takes time. When
you're already beat, time is precious.
--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)

Gin of the month Ed Pawlowski General Cooking 87 09-08-2016 10:00 PM
Custom upgrading Weber Q 200 to Weber Q 220 ddennick Barbecue 1 05-01-2010 11:42 PM
Off for a month Ian Hoare Wine 7 08-11-2007 09:02 PM
Two Month Old Meat!?? Andy General Cooking 52 02-01-2007 03:52 AM
anyone tried ITC tea of the month? CCCarlisle Tea 0 17-02-2005 04:03 AM