Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Help, floured surface = floured bottoms :(

I have been making some things that require being rolled out on a
heavily floured surface. However, after baking, they come out with
white bottoms which I do not like very much. Is there anyway to fix
this? I've tried dusting the bottoms off but only some of it comes
off.

The only other thing I can think of is to flip them over and brush with
egg white before baking?

Thanks,
Bethany

Posted to rec.food.baking

Merryb wrote:

> What are you making? Have you tried a pastry brush?

I'm actually making dog treats These are for my dogs, so no big
deal. But I would like to make some (if these come out good) and give
them as gifts at Christmas time to some family members who also have
dogs. And I don't want them to have floured backs. I did take a
pastry brush and it worked ok, then I wet it a touch and it looked like
it worked until it dried and you could still see some white.

Bottoms Up Brooklyn1 General Cooking 1 21-04-2015 02:42 PM
Frying pan bottoms Thumper[_2_] General Cooking 23 04-11-2013 05:10 PM
Springform pan bottoms? OldProfessor General Cooking 4 09-12-2004 07:06 AM
Artichoke bottoms? mangodance General Cooking 4 26-06-2004 04:27 AM